Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 635 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Assuming they could do this without withdrawing from the NCAA the P-3 would respond "great, more money for us".
Would they? What would CBS pay for a 64 team tournament composed of all 64 P3 teams?

Reaction Score
If your initial statement is true, why bother?
B1G has already moved past 16. Only a matter of time until XII and SEC do the same. ACC is still only at 14 (+1). Is the ACC supposed to sit around waiting to be poached?

Reaction Score
B1G has already moved past 16. Only a matter of time until XII and SEC do the same. ACC is still only at 14 (+1). Is the ACC supposed to sit around waiting to be poached?
They'll wait for the Texas schools and Kansas if they were smart. Alas.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In that same spirit none of this is important then.
It’s clear I don’t post much so the “winning the internet” is just ridiculous.
Disagree, I find the placement or not of Connecticut in a P5 conference enormously important, it's just the need to disprove random posters that I find meaningless.

Reaction Score
On Twitter, most of the B12 fans who hated the idea of UConn are right now butt hurt by the Pac12 meeting this morning, and they're telling ASU/UTah to go to hell.

This comes from the meaningless-tweets-department

Reaction Score
Catch up. That’s not a given anymore.

And from the Big 12s POV we aren’t preferable to UA, ASU and Utah.
FFS, why the snark?

You said the BigXII was choosing to kill the PAC instead of taking us.

I'm saying they could take us and still kill the PAC. I'm still hopeful for an invitation, although it doesn't look great.

We will all "catch up" when there are official announcements.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If everyone else has ceded the East Coast to them, then there is zero need to further divide the pie. That said, particularly with the ACC, they'll do whatever ESPN tells them to do as long as ESPN is willing to back it with cash.

Reaction Score
Do they prefer associating with Fresno, Boise, and Wyoming?

It’s one or the other.
Unless they want to drop to the WCC.
I am trying to picture Baylor and Texas Tech playing at Stanford. Better yet, Cincy, UCF, or WVU.

If UCONN is located in the West, we would have been in the PAC-12 a long time ago.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Do they prefer associating with Fresno, Boise, and Wyoming?

It’s one or the other.
Unless they want to drop to the WCC.
That’s the alternative.

Yormark and the B12 are salivating at this situation.

And yes I’m still positive they want and need an eastern presence that is the best bb program so UConn will still get an invite.

Reaction Score
On Twitter, most of the B12 fans who hated the idea of UConn are right now butt hurt by the Pac12 meeting this morning, and they're telling ASU/UTah to go to hell.

This comes from the meaningless-tweets-department

My irrational UConn centric desire is for Yormark to get the UConn deal done and make the others have a cage fight for the remaining slots.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Is it possible that, with the opportunity to add Stanford, the XII goes to 18, taking all 4 corner schools plus Stanford and us? Or does that require too much of Fox and ESPN?

Still assuming we're out, but just wondering how hard a ceiling 16 is.
one would think that with the big ten going to 18, SEC and B12 would try to follow suit, but who knows.

pj

Reaction Score
It's amazing how much credence people here put on Internet tweets or news stories. The people who know are under CDA and not talking, the people who are talking are guessing. In the end things will go the way that makes financial sense, and assuming the B1G stops at Oregon and Washington, who is more valuable than UConn? Arizona, Stanford, Colorado, maybe Cal ... and no one else. UConn is way more valuable than Utah or Arizona State (as the second teams from their states), especially if the B12 foresees NCAA basketball shifting toward the football model and revenue going to the revenue producers.

GoKU is the most plausible poster because the scenario he's been describing is business-rational. Let's just wait for all the behind-the-scenes work to get done, and it will probably be a good outcome for Huskies.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is it possible that, with the opportunity to add Stanford, the XII goes to 18, taking all 4 corner schools plus Stanford and us? Or does that require too much of Fox and ESPN?

Still assuming we're out, but just wondering how hard a ceiling 16 is.
I mean, it’d be Cal and Stanford

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom