Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 608 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The only thing keeping my hope alive, is that Utah hasn’t scheduled their meeting. Especially with the rumors of all 3 pac schools going together.
Thamel mentioned nothing of ASU. Makes you wonder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So after all of these grand plans from the B12, they end up adding 4 teams…and only two new markets (Colorado and Arizona). And we hear it is football success that drives the bus…but the 4 teams added have a combined football record below .500 in the last 5 seasons…and were below .400 this past season.

So maddening! I thought BY might be forward thinking, but just ended up going with the short sighted picks that win with the 60 year old dinosaurs they hang out with at booster receptions. No forward thinking again!
The amazing thing about all this is Fox/ESPN didn't want to pay for the Pac12, but they love paying for all of Utah and all of Arizona x2. It must have been Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford that they thought stunk.

At the end of the day, this doesn't make sense.

It's how you end up with the worst of the Pac12 and the best of the AAC.

I have to think that the end of this contract in 2031 is going to result in a kind of worse than Pac12 situation. Except there will be absolutely no place for these teams to go.

Reaction Score
Who said they were fun. When I was at Yale Law, I guaranty you I wasn't fun enough to go to Brett Kavanaugh's parties.
This post belongs in the Boneyard Hall of Fame. It’s got everything:

“When I was at Yale Law”
Translation - I’m smart!

“Guaranty”
Legal form of guarantee

“Brett Kavanaugh” - classic name drop

Congrats @businesslawyer! This one is a winner!

Reaction Score
This post belongs in the Boneyard Hall of Fame. It’s got everything:

“When I was at Yale Law”
Translation - I’m smart!

“Guaranty”
Legal form of guarantee

“Brett Kavanaugh” - classic name drop

Congrats @businesslawyer! This one is a winner!
I loved it. Crafty, funny, accurate.

ESLNKY03

ESLNKY
Reaction Score
I wasn’t active back then. Was there any talk of Louisville to the ACC, or was it out of left field?

Reaction Score
The reason the p2/p3 schools might take over the tourney is the $700-800m that the NCAA takes off the $1.1b annual revenues from it.

However they configure it, the p2/p3 are going to take most of that money for themselves.

I have no idea how D2 and D3 are going to run championships because the NCAA wont be around to run them.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Realignment isn’t close to finished but that isn’t necessarily a good thing for UConn. It’s more likely Former P5 schools will drop down to G5 than vice versa. We couldn’t get into the acc. If we swing and miss on the B12, where do you think this is really heading. I already know, no where good. There is chatter cal may drop football. Wash state and Oregon state are done. Stanford, who knows. This won’t end well for anyone left out.
if there is a marked shift of like 5+ P5s being left out in the wilderness, aren't they just able to form a lesser power conference?

Reaction Score
That actually is interesting. You’d think he’d mention both…
ASU president is pretty pro PAC-12 prior to the rumor that B1G is looking into expansion. B1G pretty much destroyed whatever stability that's left in the PAC with that one statement.

FOX will not let Apple have the PAC-12 content. Apple might step up and save the PAC-12 by offering more money, but it is a very long shot.

Reaction Score
We have no idea how it all plays out. We don't know how many conferences it ends with, we don't know if the biggest conferences will start trying to kick out their crappy schools, we don't know if the conferences will become more national or go back to more regional, we don't know what lawsuits will come, we don't know what agreements will hold up or crumble, we don't know if the networks overpaid, we don't know how big streaming will be, we don't even know if football will remain what it is, keep growing, or become less popular as it continues to become a game that's played by poorer people and less and less people in the north.

We didn't know weeks ago where any of this was going, we didn't even know days ago. Only things I'm certain of is there will be a lot more shuffling and these twitter idiots have no clue what they're talking about.
All true. None of this is positive for UConn. It will be an unsustainable uphill battle. Getting a seat this go around was a must.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t active back then. Was there any talk of Louisville to the ACC, or was it out of left field?
It was pretty out of left field, everyone surrounding UConn was talking UConn was in and so were the national talking heads. UConn was a mess then though, the people in charge were asleep at the wheel.
All true. None of this is positive for UConn. It will be an unsustainable uphill battle. Getting a seat this go around was a must.
Completely disagree.

Reaction Score
if there is a marked shift of like 5+ P5s being left out in the wilderness, aren't they just able to form a lesser power conference?
Either you are in or out. I am curious to see how acc responds. I don’t think they can sit idle and let the big 12 win. Maybe they consider UConn, Cal, and Stanford then add Gonzaga, nova and Georgetown(or Xavier or St. John’s ) for hoops? Not sure what they can do really.

Reaction Score
It was pretty out of left field, everyone surrounding UConn was talking UConn was in and so were the national talking heads. UConn was a mess then though, the people in charge were asleep at the wheel.
Completely disagree.
Of course you do. No need to go back and forth, let’s just completely disagree again.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If 16 seed Boston College ever wins a tournament game against 1 seed Kentucky or 2 seed UConn, people will 100% care. They’re still a David because the expectation will be for them to lose handily.

People absolutely wouldn't give an F.

Stuff like that happens during the regular season in conference play and nobody cares.

You really think that Joe 6 pack, who follows college hoop via his bracket in March is going to be as into the story of a power league school he's heard of, beating a power league school he's heard of, as opposed to St Peters beating Kentucky?

In what world?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom