Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 583 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Feels like it’s about as close to over as can be re Big 12. The fact that we’re now reaching out to the ACC is all you need to know really

Reaction Score
With the latest B1G news, maybe SEC would swoop in and take Arizona schools at the last sec or at least one is them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Shouldn’t we also be on the lookout for our emergency board meeting? Unless it’s all taken care of somehow?

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with any of this. But it was preached 10 years ago and here we are, still winning.
So we shouldn’t have worried about Civil War in the early 1850s because people had been predicting it for 20 years and it hadn’t happened yet. I don’t know when big time schools will separate from the NCAA. It might not be for 20 more years. But I can still think it’s going to happen one day.

Reaction Score
So we shouldn’t have worried about Civil War in the early 1850s because people had been predicting it for 20 years and it hadn’t happened yet. I don’t know when big time schools will separate from the NCAA. It might not be for 20 more years. But I can still think it’s going to happen one day.
Good lord.… Go ahead and worry. That should work.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

An all time Boneyard parallel!

Reaction Score
If it's the two Arizona schools and Utah we'll know Yormark is full of crap. I can't imagine he doesn't have the juice to get his way and expand East/NYC and showcase the untapped basketball value after he's gotten the school presidents what they want. These Pac schools are all out for themselves and don't have the bargaining chips, there is no 4 corner schools block.

Reaction Score
If it's the two Arizona schools and Utah we'll know Yormark is full of crap. I can't imagine he doesn't have the juice to get his way and expand East/NYC and showcase the untapped basketball value after he's gotten the school presidents what they want. These Pac schools are all out for themselves and don't have the bargaining chips, there is no 4 corner schools block.
He’ll just say something like “we couldn’t pass up the 4 corner schools…we never thought they’d be available.”

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We’ll know shortly one way or the other. Hopefully it was a last ditch effort by the Zona contingent to do what they could to help a conference mate and Yormack prevailed. Can’t blame Arizona for trying.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I read a rumor that UConn and the ACC are “talking.” This is a place that has connections in the Michigan athletic office. I would treat it like non-key, but the rumor is out there.
Appreciate it. Whether it's true or not, I hope UConn leaked it to light a fire under the Big 12's keister: sure, take Utah if you want, but you'll risk kissing the New York area goodbye forever.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
You mean ConFLiCT?

Reaction Score
Seattle Mariners Lol GIF by Jomboy Media
I’m ready for the kick
In somewhat hindsight, it was inevitable. They lost UCLA and USC, then Colorado. Why would the other corner schools want to stick around with some northwestern schools when the action is to the east. We can hope that Yormark is thinking damn, this is easy. We got the PAC we wanted. Why stop now. Go for 20!

Reaction Score

Well I think we've reached peak CR. Comparing conference realignment with the gotdang Civil War jfc get a grip people

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Appreciate it. Whether it's true or not, I hope UConn leaked it to light a fire under the Big 12's keister: sure, take Utah if you want, but you'll risk kissing the New York area goodbye forever.
I still think Yormack wants Arizona and UConn and had to do a lot of convincing to Arizona that it was either Arizona State or Utah and they could choose. And he had to be careful in his approach in order not to alienate them.

Arizona does not have much leverage. So hopefully this is how it plays out.

Unless you think the B12 presidents witnessed what happened with their conference’s fate compared to what’s happening in the PAC and told him to shove his northeast ideas. I don’t think they would react that way. Not smart to tick off a commissioner who saved them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom