Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 513 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The key is getting into the P5 club.

It really is the weirdest thing and makes no sense. Just by virtue of being in one of the conferences you have more doors open to you and more options. Even forgetting about the dollars involved. These arbitrary groups were created and because of membership, Vanderbilt is valued the same as Alabama not just with revenue but in terms of perception and contract languages.

Reaction Score
How are you coming to that conclusion? I don't see anything in the quoted tweet that says that.
I read it somewhere from Thamel. Will try to find it and post.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It really is the weirdest thing and makes no sense. Just by virtue of being in one of the conferences you have more doors open to you and more options. Even forgetting about the dollars involved. These arbitrary groups were created and because of membership, Vanderbilt is valued the same as Alabama not just with revenue but in terms of perception and contract languages.

I view this (if it does in fact happen) as a protective move for the future of the AD. Simply put being in an AQ football league and being on the right side of a basketball tournament split ensures our future survival.

Even if the money was slightly more even I'd just assume staying in the Big East and football Indy, but I'm not confident something seismic won't happen in the landscape. If and when it does we can't afford to be relegated to D2 status.

Reaction Score
Somewhat related question. With the CFP expansion in 2024, won't going past 14 teams start to dimish the per team pay out? If so, wouldn't the other pac schools be better off staying together as they would need to share with less people and would almost assuredly have their conference champion make the CFP?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
...unless GoKU ends up being right :p
I need a sad emoji for this. I predicted what he has some time ago.
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reaction Score
I’m loving this. This is so much fun. And there are about 12 different threads to follow which keeps me from doing any actual work today. Just remember, UConn is an academic institution. Academics are clearly the top priority.:)

Reaction Score
The story does mention a reduced rate for G5 schools:

"As for television payouts, Colorado is expected to join the Big 12 at a pro rata basis, which is an average of $31.7 million in television revenue over the course of the league's new deal starting in 2025. Additional schools coming in at that rate would require some additional conversation, as Power 5 schools are expected to be pro rata -- assuming Fox and ESPN agree on that. For schools such as UConn and San Diego State, the tenor of that television payout conversation is expected to be different."

Reaction Score
You are getting in. Yormark is getting you in.
He is doing so many great things for the B12, and I do believe he will get us in. On face value alone, UCONN is a state flagship university that still holds a ton of value with school presidents. If B12 can add UCONN, Arizona, Colorado, and ASU, it would be a huge win for the conference.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The story does mention a reduced rate for G5 schools:

"As for television payouts, Colorado is expected to join the Big 12 at a pro rata basis, which is an average of $31.7 million in television revenue over the course of the league's new deal starting in 2025. Additional schools coming in at that rate would require some additional conversation, as Power 5 schools are expected to be pro rata -- assuming Fox and ESPN agree on that. For schools such as UConn and San Diego State, the tenor of that television payout conversation is expected to be different."
I would take 20 million per year for the contract if it got us in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom