Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 393 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga is actually worth while for the B12, I can’t imagine we aren’t worth it to the B12, especially with good football, which is coming very soon.

My guess is the Zags go to a desperate PAC along with SDSU, if they go anywhere.
This has Espn and Fox written all over it. It may be something that was actually a part of this tv deal renewal. A chance for those two to add Gonzaga's bball games while leveraging those deals. Probably the cheapest alternative as it would cost much less than a full partner, and would not require bringing an added conference in. Gonzaga gets two network alliances, and doesn't risk the streaming exposure the P12 is likely staring down. I don't think this would bode well for the P12's offer but who knows. It's looking more and more to me that Yomark getting hired was part of bigger plan with those networks. He's to "out of the box" and connected(not to mention in action quickly). Time will tell, but there is more to this story to be played out.

Reaction Score
ACC?
I would think Mountain West as it makes the most sense for Gonzaga for all sports. And, adding Gonzaga would probably move the MWC ahead of the AAC in basketball once Cincy, Houston, and UCF leave.

Reaction Score
I would think Mountain West as it makes the most sense for Gonzaga for all sports. And, adding Gonzaga would probably move the MWC ahead of the AAC in basketball once Cincy, Houston, and UCF leave.
Gonzaga could command more money even without football in all likelihood in either the B12 or P12 depending on what their situation ends up. Definitely more exposure. MW is aiming low.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Conference USA?
Just an out of the box idea, would the Big10 offer Gonzaga to relieve some travel pressure from USCLA? They could pay them way less, get a premium bball program and help out the western duo. They would help even if they picked up more PAC teams.

Reaction Score
UCLA/USC are nearly a 20 hr drive from Gonzaga. I don't see any benefit to that, anyways. Imagine if UConn was invited to the PAC-12, and to "relieve some travel pressure" they invited USF. Pretty much the same distance. Stanford would make more sense for that which wont be needed because UCLA and USC can afford to travel

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just an out of the box idea, would the Big10 offer Gonzaga to relieve some travel pressure from USCLA? They could pay them way less, get a premium bball program and help out the western duo. They would help even if they picked up more PAC teams.
I doubt it, but what do you think?

dayooper

Reaction Score
I doubt it, but what do you think?
I don’t think so either, but if Washington and Oregon will be in eventually, the more out west teams the better. Football doesn’t matter but for bball and Olympic sports, it would make some sense.

If they get enough teams out west, you could keep the majority of games regional. Maybe 1 or 2 trips to the opposite side and the championship is determined by the tournament. Does track and field really need to play everybody? Volleyball? Basketball?

Reaction Score
Gonzaga has nothing in common with B1G schools, the B1G has no reason to start asking for partial members, and the Zags would be much less Zag-like playing in the B1G as opposed to the WCC. I think.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Gonzaga has nothing in common with B1G schools, the B1G has no reason to start asking for partial members, and the Zags would be much less Zag-like playing in the B1G as opposed to the WCC. I think.

This I agree with. Gonzaga is a small Jesuit university with no research base. That being said, times are a little crazy right now and strange things are afoot.

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga is actually worth while for the B12, I can’t imagine we aren’t worth it to the B12, especially with good football, which is coming very soon.

My guess is the Zags go to a desperate PAC along with SDSU, if they go anywhere.
We hired Randy
That was the white flag of surrender
The Mora or similar hire 4-5 years ago
and we would be in the last group of additions. An East Coast presence for a conference who lost 1/2 their fans could have been a great selling point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom