Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 322 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I think it matters because there is an academic component to expansion both on the qualities that some (essentially the B1G) conferences are looking for as well as what conferences benefit the school from an academic standpoint. I think it's pretty obvious that Oklahoma could get an invite from the SEC tomorrow and probably be allowed to let OSU tag along, yet Boren is holding out for the B1G for a reason.

Oh, there is very obviously an academic compenent.

What I'm saying here is that UConn is very clearly a better school than UC. If UC were to become an AAU member, I still don't think they'd be more likely to get into the Big 10 than UConn.

Reaction Score
For reference

Attachments

• IMG_3421.PNG
    IMG_3421.PNG
    229.7 KB · Views: 111
Reaction Score
Oh, there is very obviously an academic compenent.

What I'm saying here is that UConn is very clearly a better school than UC. If UC were to become an AAU member, I still don't think they'd be more likely to get into the Big 10 than UConn.

And I agree with you. Aside from the fact that UC is not getting into the AAU in our lifetimes, I think UCONN's position as a much better undergraduate college, its status as its state's flagship and basketball history clearly makes it more attractive than UC to the ACC. Swofford already appeased FSU by bringing in a crappy academic school for football reasons, and I doubt he'd be inclined to do it a second time. As for the B1G, they don't bring ANYTHING to the table. The B1G already has Ohio's flagship school. They already own that media market. They already control that recruiting area. There's nothing that UC would bring. Some of the hardcore UC partisans will say that it's because they're blackballed by Ohio State, but that's a lie. Ohio State doesn't have to blackball them because Delaney and the other schools would never consider them.

Reaction Score
And I agree with you. Aside from the fact that UC is not getting into the AAU in our lifetimes, I think UCONN's position as a much better undergraduate college, its status as its state's flagship and basketball history clearly makes it more attractive than UC to the ACC. As for the B1G, they don't bring ANYTHING to the table. The B1G already has Ohio's flagship school. They already own that media market. They already control that recruiting area. There's nothing that UC would bring. Some of the hardcore UC partisans will say that it's because they're blackballed by Ohio State, but that's a lie. Ohio State doesn't have to blackball them because Delaney and the other schools would never consider them.

Beautifully stated.

Reaction Score
It appears that neither conference will be expanding any time soon, so none of this academic/AAU talk matters. We have learned that it is all just talk, no substance. Also, despite the talk, academics are meaningless to Swofford and the ACC.

Reaction Score
With FSU and Louisville, we know how low the ACC will sink in terms of academics. It very possible the "students" can leave these two "colleges" and not know how to sign their name.

Reaction Score
With FSU and Louisville, we know how low the ACC will sink in terms of academics. It very possible the "students" can leave these two "colleges" and not know how to sign their name.

Not sure why you're grouping FSU with Louisville. Louisville pretty much stands alone among their ACC brethren.

Reaction Score
FSU actually ranks higher than university of Nebraska....or Kansas

Reaction Score
FSU actually ranks higher than university of Nebraska....or Kansas

But...but...but...didn't some hypocrite claim academics didn't matter...until their school can finally be positioned against another that MAY be lower.

Reaction Score
I don't care about academics in a sports setting...a sports conference is sports. I am consistent with that thought.

I just responded to a statement re academics and Louisville and FSU being similar in the academic regard....there are umpteen measurements and folks that measure...but Louisville and FSU are far more similar on the field than in the classroom.

And, I still like the pick up of Louisville for a sports conference.

Reaction Score
You know the drill...

Fans pick what they can work with. Win championships, you talk about that.

Have huge revenues, you talk about that. Have good academic ratings, you talk about that.

Have one true champion, well, maybe not...but you know the drill.

Reaction Score
Even Linus figured out the Great Pumpkin wasn't coming.

UConn is never going to be a member of the Big Ten.

Yamahama.

Unless you know of another fine New England land grant with lots of hardware, never say never.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn isn't going to the Big Ten.

We lost that when it was decided in old timey days that the NYC/Westchester/Fairfield television market would also include the entire state of New Jersey instead of Connecticut.
Half of NJ, but yeah.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UConn isn't going to the Big Ten.

We lost that when it was decided in old timey days that the NYC/Westchester/Fairfield television market would also include the entire state of New Jersey instead of Connecticut.
IMG_3943.JPG

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Can people stop responding to this thread until there is an ounce of news via twitter? The tiny thread of hope I have rests in this forum.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I see an update and think "is this the day"? Most of the time it's just some jack@ss posting nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom