Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 391 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I’m sure the ten remaining schools in the PAC are dreaming of the day they might get an invite like USC and UCLA did to the B1G. UCLA losing money in the move is laughable. If not for the move, the Bruins would have had to cut multiple Olympic sports.

Reaction Score
UCLA travel costs will not come close to wiping out their financial gains. That is laughable.

But the B1G will continue its raid eventually. I don’t disagree with that point at all.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow I don’t know how to feel about this:
7CA75BCE-A111-4CEE-AB7F-8B72D24D9386.jpeg

I mean I’m flattered to be included, but I’d rather have a linear deal.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Big12/Fox playing hardball:

FOX demanding guarantee games in the future to let them out early is them swinging a big hammer.

I don't blame FOX. With UT/OK going to SEC/ESPN once they leave there is no money on the table for FOX to get from the 2 of them so they may as well squeeze every dime they can before they go

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This is interesting. I’m not sure I see it getting sufficient votes from the school presidents In that there are more have nots than haves. Still, perhaps the Boston colleges of the world have come to the realization that their best and highest function in athletics is as a parasite. The tick doesn’t tell the host where to walk or what to do. It just hangs on.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is interesting. I’m not sure I see it getting sufficient votes from the school presidents In that there are more have nots than haves. Still, perhaps the Boston colleges of the world have come to the realization that their best and highest function in athletics is as a parasite. The tick doesn’t tell the host where to walk or what to do. It just hangs on.
It's pretty tough to set a budget when your revenue is based on team performance. Obviously that happens to some extent when it comes to attendance and merchandise revenue, but if it's the different between 18 million and 54 million (50% swing off 36.1m) that's huge. Also, what if 75% of the league makes the NCAA tournament or goes bowling? The more I think about it, the more I'd advocate for a lower static allocation (ie 30m) and then pool the last 6m per team and divvy it up to the top performers.

Reaction Score
It's pretty tough to set a budget when your revenue is based on team performance. Obviously that happens to some extent when it comes to attendance and merchandise revenue, but if it's the different between 18 million and 54 million (50% swing off 36.1m) that's huge. Also, what if 75% of the league makes the NCAA tournament or goes bowling? The more I think about it, the more I'd advocate for a lower static allocation (ie 30m) and then pool the last 6m per team and divvy it up to the top performers.
You can pay teams a fixed amount and then have a variable component based on performance. Say the total revenues for a 14 team conference are $504 million or $36 million per team. You could pay a fixed $30 million per school for a total of $420 million and then pay the rest of the pool, $84 million, based on performance. So, a school that has a good performance year might earn $60 million and the next team earns $50 million,... Or, you could have multiple teams make $45 million based on performance,....

Remember, this is something like the Big East tried to do with Miami, but Miami opted for the steady payouts of the ACC. In my opinion, unequal payments says the conference will not last as an entity for long.

Reaction Score
That would mean an extra $10 million or so for UNC this past year. Sign me up until we get off this island.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom