Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 383 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I wish Howard would go to FBS. Washington DC is ripe for big-time college football.

Reaction Score
I wish Howard would go to FBS. Washington DC is ripe for big-time college football.
You can almost throw a football from the DC boundary to Maryland's football stadium. There is no need for a school that has never played big time football to move up just because they are on the other side of the DC-MD boundary.

Nor does Howard have the resources to compete at that level.

Reaction Score
You can almost throw a football from the DC boundary to Maryland's football stadium. There is no need for a school that has never played big time football to move up just because they are on the other side of the DC-MD boundary.

Nor does Howard have the resources to compete at that level.
Using your logic, USC and UCLA are 12 miles apart. Which one should drop football? Howard's endowment is about $800M, much more than UConn. Over 20 Howard alumni have played in the NFL.

Reaction Score
A college basketball centric piece but here’s what the most recent realignment changes mean as they affect the NET rankings:

Reaction Score
Using your logic, USC and UCLA are 12 miles apart. Which one should drop football? Howard's endowment is about $800M, much more than UConn. Over 20 Howard alumni have played in the NFL.

That makes no sense at all. The post I was responding to said that DC needed a FBS team. My only point was that having to get to College Park was not going to keep any DC resident who wanted to see FBS level football from going. Thank you though.

And how many alumni from black colleges went to the NFL in a day when black football players weren't welcomed into major universities as either idiotic or disingenuous. My guess is the latter but feel free to convince me it's the former.

Reaction Score
That makes no sense at all. The post I was responding to said that DC needed a FBS team. My only point was that having to get to College Park was not going to keep any DC resident who wanted to see FBS level football from going. Thank you though.

And how many alumni from black colleges went to the NFL in a day when black football players weren't welcomed into major universities as either idiotic or disingenuous. My guess is the latter but feel free to convince me it's the former.
I am glad I don't use your legal services.

Reaction Score
Comparing Howard to UCLA and USC?

Comparing UConn/other state schools and private schools to Howard?

Howard is a Federally Chartered University, much of their endowment is from the US Government funding them. They wouldn't exist without the Federal gov't paying them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom