Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 264 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Typo and correction are noted in comments.

So he mean UCF/USF (two AAC) schools are on the list but may not be "prime contenders". Ahhh - that makes more sense now.

Reaction Score
That's some screwed up reporting. Mention 4 schools, then USF and UCF and 2 unnamed schools, making it a total of 8 AAC schools. That's what I get out of it.

Tulane and Temple?

Reaction Score
That's some screwed up reporting. Mention 4 schools, then USF and UCF and 2 unnamed schools, making it a total of 8 AAC schools.
And the 12 other schools are still in consideration as well.
Thanks for the scoop MB.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 gets two ACC schools to join I'll buy everyone with an ID here a beer at The Rent this fall.
And for those of you without an ID, please print this out. NYUConn will hook you up.
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
That's some screwed up reporting. Mention 4 schools, then USF and UCF and 2 unnamed schools, making it a total of 8 AAC schools. That's what I get out of it.

Tulane and Temple?

From one of the other main contributors of the site - the list of 18-20 has reportedly been culled down to UConn, Cincy, UH, Mumphis, BYU and possibly USF/UCF. The ACC mention was a typo. He (MB) turned that article into quite the clustermuck in his haste to get it out.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
From one of the other main contributors of the site - the list of 18-20 has reportedly been culled down to UConn, Cincy, UH, Mumphis, BYU and possibly USF/UCF. The ACC mention was a typo. He (MB) turned that article into quite the clustermuck in his haste to get it out.
That's a rumor-stirring typo. I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Who the 'f' wants Memphis, seriously? And I really wish that one of these reporters would take the time to distinguish between UCF and USF...they are different schools.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In fairness, there is precedent. A&M, Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska pretty much all took off at the same time.

No they didn't. Nebraska was a few years years before with Colorado close behind. A&M and Mizzou were roughly the same time, with A&M first.

Reaction Score

But I thought Northern Illinois led not only in the consultants' report, but in the score sheet that was posted just yesterday?

How can it be that NIU didn't even make it past the first cut?

Reaction Score
not sure what else ECU can do. The Big 12, as mentioned before, has made the process of measuring, weighing, and judging schools to be a public spectacle where some schools are coming up short.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No they didn't. Nebraska was a few years years before with Colorado close behind. A&M and Mizzou were roughly the same time, with A&M first.
It really isn'the something I have interest in arguing over. 4 teams left within a year and if the Big East wasn't artificially selected for implosion, the Big XII was going to be naturally selected. Four teams leaving a conference is a certain death knell.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
not sure what else ECU can do. The Big 12, as mentioned before, has made the process of measuring, weighing, and judging schools to be a public spectacle where some schools are coming up short.
They'll go right back to saying that they should be in the ACC.

Reaction Score
But I thought Northern Illinois led not only in the consultants' report, but in the score sheet that was posted just yesterday?

How can it be that NIU didn't even make it past the first cut?
I thought that ended up being a consultant report ordered by NIU using criteria that made them look good, not a Big12 one

Reaction Score
SI Campus Rush: Big 12 narrows list of expansion schools

Thamel has UConn and Cincy tied for #2 but ignore UConn in article title and on social media. "Cincinnati, Houston & Memphis are among the Big 12 expansion finalists"

His anti-UConn agenda is showing again. What an unprofessional . I am surprised he even mentioned us as tied for number 2. That must mean we are in really good shape. He wouldn't have mentioned us if he didn't have to but he can't look completely wrong either.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know that I buy into Thamel's list.

1. Houston not in the top 3? I think Houston is the price that has to be paid to UT to make this happen.

2. BYU still number 1? They have become the pet project of the LBGT community. The revised BYU code of honor seems like it will take a softer stance toward rape victims (how enlightened of them) but doesn't seem to encompass any change toward their prohibition of outward expressions of homosexuality. I can't see the existing Big 12 presidents turning a blind eye to the issue, but that may just be my east coast world view.

Still hear us as running neck and neck with Cinci, is a good thing. There must be postitive buzz out there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know that I buy into Thamel's list.

1. Houston not in the top 3? I think Houston is the price that has to be paid to UT to make this happen.

2. BYU still number 1? They have become the pet project of the LBGT community. The revised BYU code of honor, seems like it will take a softer stance toward rape victims (how enlightened of them) but doesn't seem to encompas any change toward their prohibition of outward expressions of homosexuality. I can't see the existing Big 12 presidents turning a blind eye to the issue, but that may just be my east coast world view.

Still hear us as running neck and neck with Cinci, is a good thing. There must be postitive buzz out there.

It's the UConn surge that The Dude first reported on this week, duh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom