Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 216 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
From Dodd's article:

"The networks claim the likes of Houston, UConn, UCF and Memphis would "water down" the Big 12, which isn't exactly news"

But the implication is that Cincy wouldn't? Seriously?

I like this one too:

"Activating the pro rata clause, which SBJtermed a "cash grab," rubs "ESPN and Fox the wrong way because any new schools would not carry the profile of most Power Five schools ..."

Except there is one candidate who does... And he even mentioned us as being 48th in the country in revenue... Despite playing in the AAC...

And so the narrative of "UConn is not a Power Five school" is advanced again.

Adam G ‏@adam_g_Boomer · 1h1 hour ago
@dennisdoddcbs you do realize the G5 term is like 5 years old? How is BYU in the G5? No freaking way

Marc Londo ‏@mlondo856 · 29m29 minutes ago
@adam_g_Boomer @dennisdoddcbs Agreed. I showed Dodd other major flaws as well. BYU has never been in a G5 conference. ACC counts BYU as P5.

33Days‏@dyoung1993
@mlondo856 @adam_g_Boomer @dennisdoddcbs ACC, Big10, and SEC all consider BYU as P5 equivalent for scheduling.

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 17m17 minutes ago
@dyoung1993 @mlondo856 @adam_g_Boomer

Bingo.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Adam G ‏@adam_g_Boomer · 1h1 hour ago
@dennisdoddcbs you do realize the G5 term is like 5 years old? How is BYU in the G5? No freaking way

Marc Londo ‏@mlondo856 · 29m29 minutes ago
@adam_g_Boomer @dennisdoddcbs Agreed. I showed Dodd other major flaws as well. BYU has never been in a G5 conference. ACC counts BYU as P5.

33Days‏@dyoung1993
@mlondo856 @adam_g_Boomer @dennisdoddcbs ACC, Big10, and SEC all consider BYU as P5 equivalent for scheduling.

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 17m17 minutes ago
@dyoung1993 @mlondo856 @adam_g_Boomer

Bingo.
Don't the B1G and ACC include us as P5 in terms of scheduling as well?

Reaction Score
Jason Shepherd ‏@jsnshep · 16m16 minutes ago
Good Big 12 Expansion talk in KC with @dennisdoddcbs. Dodd said IF expansion happens, he still believes BYU is in.

Jason ShepherdVerified account
@jsnshep
Sports Broadcaster covering the BYU Cougars.

Dodd says that he has heard that Bowlsby only wants 12 basketball schools. He does not want to dilute the basketball brand. Dodd says that Houston and Cincinatti dilute basketball.
He was asked about UConn. He said he has heard it both ways. He says that UConn mens and womens basketball are not in the discussion because the money is in football. He doesn't know what the Big12 thinks of UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From Dodd's article:

"The networks claim the likes of Houston, UConn, UCF and Memphis would "water down" the Big 12, which isn't exactly news"

But the implication is that Cincy wouldn't? Seriously?

I like this one too:

"Activating the pro rata clause, which SBJtermed a "cash grab," rubs "ESPN and Fox the wrong way because any new schools would not carry the profile of most Power Five schools ..."

Except there is one candidate who does... And he even mentioned us as being 48th in the country in revenue... Despite playing in the AAC...

And so the narrative of "UConn is not a Power Five school" is advanced again.

Dodd has always been a negative for us. Generally though he has been wrong. Let's hope he stays true to form.

Reaction Score
Here is the interview with Dodd:

Twitter Card

He talks about UConn at 8:09.

He is very negative on UConn at 16:00.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Twitter Card

If this thing goes south, we need to 'unleash the Fishy.' Dodd would be close to the top of the list for throat punches.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Jason Shepherd ‏@jsnshep · 16m16 minutes ago
Good Big 12 Expansion talk in KC with @dennisdoddcbs. Dodd said IF expansion happens, he still believes BYU is in.

Jason ShepherdVerified account
@jsnshep
Sports Broadcaster covering the BYU Cougars.

Dodd says that he has heard that Bowlsby only wants 12 basketball schools. He does not want to dilute the basketball brand. Dodd says that Houston and Cincinatti dilute basketball.
He was asked about UConn. He said he has heard it both ways. He says that UConn mens and womens basketball are not in the discussion because the money is in football. He doesn't know what the Big12 thinks of UConn.

He hasn't even asked what the league thinks about one of the top basketball programs in the country? Is this guy serious? What the hell type of diligence have these myopic idiots been doing?

Reaction Score
He hasn't even asked what the league thinks about one of the top basketball programs in the country? Is this guy serious? What the hell type of diligence have these myopic idiots been doing?

Did you listen to near the end of the interview? (16:00). That's when Dodd really trashes UConn. He talks about Texas having to play UConn on Thursday night in 28 degree weather in front of 25,000 fans.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Did you listen to near the end of the interview? (16:00). That's when Dodd really trashes UConn. He talks about Texas having to play UConn on Thursday night in 28 degree weather in front of 25,000 fans.

Yeah - it would probably get blow out ratings though. Usually they crush some ant called SW Oklahoma Tech and only Texas watches. Now they can blow out someone in the northeast on a game people in two time zones will watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Rent would probably be sold out every time. Someone tweet him that.

Sounds like our Fiesta Bowl performance is being discussed.

Reaction Score

He obviously has an ax to grind. What an a sshat.

Reaction Score
KYLE F GUNTHER ‏@GuntherKFAN · 41m41 minutes ago

.@dennisdoddcbs just told us he thinks #BYU is still clearly the leader in the clubhouse for #Big12Expansion and 4 teams will be added.

@BenKFAN & I host Gunther & Ben in the afternoon from 3-7pm on 1320 KFAN
Salt Lake City, UT
1320kfan.com

Reaction Score

Twitter Card

He is very negative on UConn at 16:00.

This is the stuff I am talking about. Every CR cycle. 25,000 fans for Texas a complete and total lie. We had 42,000+ for Michigan and would sell out Texas in a heartbeat.

We never combat or push back on this stuff and than we wonder why we get left out. This is not some twitter user. This is CBS Sports senior football columnist on a radio show spewing this.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
42K + for one of Michigan's worst teams in decades, no less.

Only reason we didn't hold on for the win is it was also one of our worst teams in decades. Thanks P!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
This is the stuff I am talking about. Every CR cycle. 25,000 fans for Texas a complete and total lie. We had 42,000+ for Michigan and would sell out Texas in a heartbeat.

We never combat or push back on this stuff and than we wonder why we get left out. This is not some twitter user. This is CBS Sports senior football columnist on a radio show spewing this.
Honestly though if the guy and others like him did a lick of research they'd know we'd sell out those games and that Texas would most likely be in the other division and almost never have to play at the rent.

Reaction Score
I'm a little depressed now knowing it only gets cold in Connecticut on Thursday nights in November

Reaction Score
I ask this: when has ANYONE (whether it be an actual reporter, analyst, blogger, twitnit, etc) EVER had information BEFORE a school was ANNOUNCED to be leaving/going to another conference? Has it ever occurred?

Reaction Score
I ask this: when has ANYONE (whether it be an actual reporter, analyst, blogger, twitnit, etc) EVER had information BEFORE a school was ANNOUNCED to be leaving/going to another conference? Has it ever occurred?
Tony Terzi, had Louisville to acc before news broke.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
How long before it's announced are you talking? Because McMurphy has gotten it almost every time. Just it hasn't been days before the public announcement, which should be expected since nothing is final till the vote happens.

Reaction Score
Tony Terzi, had Louisville to acc before news broke.
in what context did he report this? I like Tony (was actually on this show recently and I think he is a genuinely good guy) but I kinda doubt he had inside info given his role at WDRC. If he did post this before it was announced (would like to see proof of that) I guess it is possible he has a connection at the ACC or another affiliated party but I find it hard to believe that info was somehow leaked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom