Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 262 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A Houston win would lose the vote of any Leftover 8 not tied to Texas.

A comfortable but not embarrassing loss would probably win a few votes.

The XII track record on judgement isn't a strong one.

Last edited:

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
No way this happens publicly. Perhaps behind the scenes, some schools will be informed they are cut. But no chance this is made publicly.

Big 12 has already been rightfully ridiculed by how they've turned this into a spectacle. No way they turn it into an episode of The Bachelor.
Right, but this is the big 12 so....
m_s_wwf_sprite_mayhem_by_jandmdev-d6x3cxh.png

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I don't know if that helps us or hurts the perception of the football in the AAC, so conflicted on rooting interest.
A close loss would be ok with me.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No way this happens publicly. Perhaps behind the scenes, some schools will be informed they are cut. But no chance this is made publicly.

Big 12 has already been rightfully ridiculed by how they've turned this into a spectacle. No way they turn it into an episode of The Bachelor.
I hope we get the final rose.

Reaction Score

Weve gone way past the Bachelor, weve gone at least to Bachelor in Paradise, and teetering on Rock of Love with Bret Michaels

Reaction Score
Right, but this is the big 12 so....
m_s_wwf_sprite_mayhem_by_jandmdev-d6x3cxh.png

If I may, I believe Mr. Andy Staples said it best in his article:

"Anyone who claims to know is either lying or has never dealt with the Big 12, a dysfunctional group of schools that came together in a mid-90s shotgun wedding between the Big Eight and the remainder of the SWC. The Big 12 is that family where every reunion ends with someone breaking a beer bottle and screaming "Come get some!" It does not always act rationally. "

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't know if that helps us or hurts the perception of the football in the AAC, so conflicted on rooting interest.
I disagree. Listless as they were, Houston beat FSU in a NYD6 game and whether they beat UConn last year and went undefeated, they were not getting an invite to the CFP. Houston may have been ranked #13 in the AP that week, but they #19 in the CFP rankings and at the end of the day, that decision is still made by humans, who are shaped by perception.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
The Big 12,should play this out like the guy that just bought a brand new Mercedes. He wouldn't dwell on the cars he wouldn't buy,because he will be too busy bragging on the car he bought.I assume the Big 12 will be focusing on the ones they do decide on,more than anything about those left behind.

Reaction Score
I agree it's doubtful they announce publicly that the list is culled, but it also begs what the question what kind of culling are we talking about? Is it just removing the joke candidates like Northern Illinois and Arkansas State or is it narrowing the candidates to five or six legitimate contenders?

Reaction Score
I know the decision will not be made based on one game, but I hope Houston gets crushed!!!

Actually, Houston winning is a good argument for how/why AAC schools can compete. No one can tell UConn it can't beat Houston. And not only that, it can work in reverse too--B12 schools can get jittery at the thought of Houston beating them.

Personally, I tend to think Houston needs to be in the expansion discussion because without them, I'm betting Texas doesn't go forward with it at all.

I like this Houston-UConn guy from the business journal--though I fear a Houston-Cincy end result.

The B12 could really hit a home run here with BYU, Houston, Cincy and UConn--which oddly has been Flugaur's point all along.

I'll add that one of the reasons this is taking so long is there is a lot of internal fighting about Houston and what it will mean for voting in the future.

Reaction Score
No. Nobody knows anything. There is a consensus of those who don't know anything that think Cincy will make the cut. That is very different.
I was joking. He said UC when he meant UConn I hope

Reaction Score
Actually, Houston winning is a good argument for how/why AAC schools can compete. No one can tell UConn it can't beat Houston. And not only that, it can work in reverse too--B12 schools can get jittery at the thought of Houston beating them.

Personally, I tend to think Houston needs to be in the expansion discussion because without them, I'm betting Texas doesn't go forward with it at all.

I like this Houston-UConn guy from the business journal--though I fear a Houston-Cincy end result.

The B12 could really hit a home run here with BYU, Houston, Cincy and UConn--which oddly has been Flugaur's point all along.

I'll add that one of the reasons this is taking so long is there is a lot of internal fighting about Houston and what it will mean for voting in the future.

I doubt Houston gets in if they only add 2. The other members have seeded to much to Texas already.

Reaction Score
I doubt Houston gets in if they only add 2. The other members have seeded to much to Texas already.

Definitely true that they have given Texas too much power already. But remember, Texas is Texas and has a lot of power given to them by the others.

Reaction Score
Who do we truly know for sure has been contacted?
Obviously us. If Boise State has not been contacted, this is not just about football. They could choose the BSU, BYU, etc route, but it seems they really do want to expand east.

Reaction Score
Obviously us. If Boise State has not been contacted, this is not just about football. They could choose the BSU, BYU, etc route, but it seems they really do want to expand east.

Boise State had zero chance from the beginning of this, so I'm not sure it helps all that much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom