Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 231 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
@Dooley Go to work. :cool:
I'm trying to give Dooley a break and going after Trotter for him, the numbers are stunning. Over the period that NCAA figures are easily accessed, 2005-2015

UConn's lowest attendance(2014) was 12.4K higher than Houston's lowest (2005) and 7.3k greater than Memphis's lowest (2011)

Average Total Attendance over that span
UConn - 35,537
Cinci - 30,288
Memphis - 29,769
Houston - 25,630

USF and UCF do both average more than UConn in that span.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm trying to give Dooley a break and going after Trotter for him, the numbers are stunning. Over the period that NCAA figures are easily accessed, 2005-2015

UConn's lowest attendance(2014) was 12.4K higher than Houston's lowest (2005) and 7.3k greater than Memphis's lowest (2011)

UConn - 35,537
Cinci - 30,288
Memphis - 29,769
Houston - 25,630

Great work. Would have taken that hack two minutes to look that up, and it's actually his job.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

UConn - 35,537
Cinci - 30,288
Memphis - 29,769
Houston - 25,630

And that attendance includes an "unnatural" disaster:

7612466.jpg

Edit - Fixed it for you @HuskyHawk

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great work. Would have taken that hack two minutes to look that up, and it's actually his job.
The more and more I listen to these "key-tweeters" the more I recognize that they know very little more than the "non-key tweeters" Like Dennis Dodd's "vision" of Texas hating that they would have to play in front of 27K in November, despite 27K being the LOWEST we've hit in 10 years

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

UConn - 35,537
Cinci - 30,288
Memphis - 29,769
Houston - 25,630

USF has the most bogus attendance numbers of all time.

Reaction Score
The more and more I listen to these "key-tweeters" the more I recognize that they know very little more than the "non-key tweeters" Like Dennis Dodd's "vision" of Texas hating that they would have to play in front of 27K in November, despite 27K being the LOWEST we've hit in 10 years

You really have to credit the big 12 presidents for not leaking anything. They have been extremely tight lipped after saying they were going to expand.

Reaction Score
Five industry sources weigh in on top candidates to join Big 12; ESPN and Fox not thrilled with expansion talks | SportsDay

"Beyond BYU, a host of schools are clustered, led by UConn, Memphis, Central Florida and Colorado State, in an evolving order."

So if BYU is out, and they expand by 4, it would be Houston, Cincinnati, UConn and Memphis (or less likely, UCF). Not bad but not everyone in the Big 12 will be thrilled with the "city" school additions. At that point, let the AAC replenish itself with 4 new adds, and let them duke it out for the next 2+ spots.

Houston gets screwed, really, by letting UT set up shop in their town. UT-Houston? Really? They could have held out for the ACC. Just my opinion. Only issue would be costs to maintain an athletic department and Houston doesn't have a super donor other than Paul Wall, who donates grills to the coaching staff.
did you really just post a link to an article from last week that is probably posted at least 50 times in other threads, not to mention the impetus of at least 2 additional threads?

sadly, it feels a hell of a lot longer than a week since that article came out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How do you know this? They certainly have had plenty of Texas politicians fight this battle for them. There are probably plenty of UH alumni politicians who can drag this out a long time.

Because the governor has different motivations. Say he is interested in fighting for the interests of the people who inhabit the 4th largest city in America. Texas would get some blowback if they opposed UH, but that would pass. UT clout > UH clout. UT wiuld eventually find some other way to appease the Houston caucus.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
But it is much easier to pre-determine your conclusion and then do (or not do, as it were) the research to reach said conclusion, than to do the research and then draw a conclusion from it.

Of course it is. Didn't you ever do a research paper in college!

Reaction Score
Media survey: Coogs, 'Cats to Big 12

Big 12 Expansion Survey
(20 media members polled, schools listed with number of votes received)
Cincinnati: 16
Houston: 16
BYU: 9
UCF: 4
USF: 3
Memphis: 3
UConn: 2
Tulane: 1

Further confirmation of the immense stupidity of the media regarding conference realignment. If nothing else, this process has done nothing but show how little the media investigate or care to know what issues matter, or should matter in conf realignment. How many times have guys like @Dooley or others have to send information like attendance, academic info, TV market info regarding NYC. You name it. I am convinced that many local writers are content to put their knee-jerk uninformed opinions based upon no facts to get clicks or to feather the nest of their local team. It is clear that as Colonel Klink once said, They know NUTING!

Reaction Score
Seems like 13/20 media members picked only 2 schools. If I were only picking 2, I would not pick UConn as a favorite, either.

Reaction Score
Seems like 13/20 media members picked only 2 schools. If I were only picking 2, I would not pick UConn as a favorite, either.

It doesn't bode well that we got the 7th-most votes, certainly.

Reaction Score
Media survey: Coogs, 'Cats to Big 12

Big 12 Expansion Survey
(20 media members polled, schools listed with number of votes received)
Cincinnati: 16
Houston: 16
BYU: 9
UCF: 4
USF: 3
Memphis: 3
UConn: 2
Tulane: 1

Three things to keep in mind:

(1) These are beat writers and journalists being surveyed, not the media executives whose job it is to figure out where there is actual value.

(2) They were asked who they thought would get in, not who they thought should get in.

(3) There is nothing scientific or statistically relevant about how the survey was conducted.

Basically, it's an echo chamber of conventional wisdom from a few random folks who have no idea what is going on.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Joey Knight's editor required a by-line to justify the alms he receives from The Tampa Bay Times. He probably just did an Internet search of expansion articles published in Big 12 cities, came up with a couple writers per and documented regurgitated their latest articles. What is humorous is that he could have just come to the Boneyard, where the links are already compiled, and saved himself 24 1/2 minutes. It couldn't have taken him much longer than that to write that space-filler.

Reaction Score
The two team expansion concept continues to make me very nervous. I simply see no scenario where UH is denied entry if Texas really wants them in. People can argue voting blocks or "horse trading" all they want, but Texas gets what they want. Period. Cincy on the other hand is the vanilla ice cream of conference realignment scenarios. They aren't necessarily anyone's favorite, but no one really objects to them either. They are a safe compromise candidate that everyone can agree on, in order to squeeze a few more dollars out of ESPN/FOX while not completely napalming their relationship.

Reaction Score
USF has the most bogus attendance numbers of all time.
I don't know..... I might have to go with PITT football attendance numbers as the all time most bogus. Those guys are shameless. They'll announce a crowd of 48K, 20K of which were disguised as empty yellow seats.

Reaction Score
Further confirmation of the immense stupidity of the media regarding conference realignment. If nothing else, this process has done nothing but show how little the media investigate or care to know what issues matter, or should matter in conf realignment. How many times have guys like @Dooley or others have to send information like attendance, academic info, TV market info regarding NYC. You name it. I am convinced that many local writers are content to put their knee-jerk uninformed opinions based upon no facts to get clicks or to feather the nest of their local team. It is clear that as Colonel Klink once said, They know NUTING!
Colonel Klink? I thought it was Sgt. Schultz's catchphrase.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom