Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 192 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Previous TweetNext Tweet
David TeelVerified account‏@DavidTeelatDP
1-on-1 w/Swoff: Says Notre Dame will receive full share of #ACCNetwork revenue, as opposed to the 1/5 share it gets from overall rights.

• 1:03 PM - 21 Jul 2016

Notre Dame was presented a baited hook (or maybe it was the ACC that was presented)....I reckon their basketball, 5 games of football, and olympic sports make enough of a draw for the network...more than Wake and BC, I would reckon.

The Domers will get paid for their home games by NBC. The rest of their sports will go to ESPN and ACCN.

I suspect that the inclusion of Notre Dame as a full ACCN partner might bring the Irish a little closer if that day ever comes that they have to bite the bullet and join up....but I don't see it even if they are denied a playoff opportunity.

Reaction Score
nope...football, basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, etc.

The ESPN ain't stupid...they make money off of the SECN and will make money off of the ACCN...

And they are covering their bets with traditional and digital programming.

Reaction Score
Kind of like how Pete Thamel's anti UConn slant has nothing to do with him being a Cuse guy.

All I needed to know - Syra.... and its alumni has come to resent our athletic and academic success. Further, as we have passed by Syracuse in many metrics, people begin to wonder why they should pay 2 1/2 times the cost of UConn to go to a less prestigious private university. Simply put, Syracuse will not be an ally of UConn in CR at all. They would rather see us languish in the gulag conference so they won't be compared to us.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Greg Fenves‏@gregfenves
As we look at opportunities for Big 12 expansion, I support considering @UHouston for the conference. UH is a huge asset for Texas.

UT President.....
Gresh and Joe harped on this on 1080 this eve. Seems the TX Guv wants the Cougars. And Gresh mentioned some analytics report that really trumps up other Cougars.
BYU. We need a 4 team expansion as we are behind those 2 now, and Cincy

Reaction Score
Gresh and Joe harped on this on 1080 this eve. Seems the TX Guv wants the Cougars. And Gresh mentioned some analytics report that really trumps up other Cougars.
Says who? Gresh?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Shouldn't we ban any mention of Gresh? Mods? He has no clue that his job with the most powerful AM station in CT is to find the sunshine on all things CRA related for UConn. It is not a place to be fat and stupid and display one's ignorance.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't we ban any mention of Gresh? Mods? He has no clue that his job with the most powerful AM station in CT is to find the sunshine on all things CRA related for UConn. It is not a place to be fat and stupid and display one's ignorance.

Gresh is a complete F - stick as well an idiot in search of a village. He seems to be trying out Hartford unfortunately...

Reaction Score
My own personal, rationalized guess:

4-teams: BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UConn make the most sense.
2-teams: Probably boils down to BYU + Cincinnati. If BYU doesn't work out for whatever reason, then maybe Cincinnati and UConn.

Reaction Score
Matt Brown ‏@MattBrownCFB · 6h6 hours ago
Well, we know the new Big 12 teams won't be both UConn and UCF, because Oklahoma and Texas won't allow a bigger rivalry into the league.

Matt Baker ‏@MBakerTBTimes · 6h6 hours ago
@MattBrownCFB I hope, then, that UConn/UCF both stay where they are. They can take away Border War, UT/A&M...but never the Civil Conflict!!!

Matt Brown‏@MattBrownCFB
@MBakerTBTimes Oh it would be devastating. Worse than losing the Backyard Brawl and OU-Nebraska.

@BenKercheval The conFLiCT is a national treasure and I will accept no arguments against this

David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 6h6 hours ago
Big 12 can't hide from reality that Red River simply can't measure up to The Civil Conflict

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Well, we know the new Big 12 teams won't be both UConn and UCF, because Oklahoma and Texas won't allow a bigger rivalry into the league.

Matt Baker ‏@MBakerTBTimes · 6h6 hours ago
@MattBrownCFB I hope, then, that UConn/UCF both stay where they are. They can take away Border War, UT/A&M...but never the Civil Conflict!!!

Matt Brown‏@MattBrownCFB
@MBakerTBTimes Oh it would be devastating. Worse than losing the Backyard Brawl and OU-Nebraska.

@BenKercheval The conFLiCT is a national treasure and I will accept no arguments against this

David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 6h6 hours ago
Big 12 can't hide from reality that Red River simply can't measure up to The Civil Conflict
Uh, don't they know there is nothing civil about The conFLiCT.

Reaction Score
Memphis: FedEx has been dangling millions of advertising dollars in front of the Big 12 in exchange for a Memphis invite to the Big 12. On top of that, in a letter to West Virginia president Gordon Gee, Memphis president David Rudd said that the school's "partnership with FedEx would uniquely position [Memphis] to request only a portion of new revenue for several years until renegotiation of the conference media [rights] agreement occurs." In other words, Memphis, conceivably, would be willing to accept partial distribution of conference revenue all the way until 2024-25. That would be worth millions to current Big 12 members and should, at the least, command the league's attention.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Memphis: FedEx has been dangling millions of advertising dollars in front of the Big 12 in exchange for a Memphis invite to the Big 12. On top of that, in a letter to West Virginia president Gordon Gee, Memphis president David Rudd said that the school's "partnership with FedEx would uniquely position [Memphis] to request only a portion of new revenue for several years until renegotiation of the conference media [rights] agreement occurs." In other words, Memphis, conceivably, would be willing to accept partial distribution of conference revenue all the way until 2024-25. That would be worth millions to current Big 12 members and should, at the least, command the league's attention.

How does a public company do that?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
By this same logic they should be perfectly fine then when they are left in the AAC after all this is done, right? FedEx is giving them all this excess cash so their athletic budget should be able to stay right where it is, no matter where they are....oh wait.....This is such a crock of s&%#t

Reaction Score
How does a public company do that?
Exactly. Whole thing is ridiculous. Very nice that FedEx is based in Memphis, doesn't mean they can just give money to the Big 12.

F Memphis anyway. Piece of garbage school with 2 good football seasons in its history. Shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Reaction Score
Same way that Nike helped blow up Oregon into a contender...a reported $300 million in contributions reported so far by Phil Knight. Either personal money from a billionaire or a corporate contribution.

Or T Boone Pickens and his $500 million in contributions to Oklahoma State...as he famously said about his name on campus..."it'll be a hell of a long time before someone says, 'who the hell was that guy' ".

Reaction Score
Mike DeCourcy from Sporting News listed his top 4 candidates for realignment - BYU and Cincy were 1 and 2.....then MEMPHIS at 3 and UConn at 4. I guess he is not considering academics at all - if we thought Louisville was rough in terms of what they bring to the table academically, Memphis isn't even on the map! I was also wondering how FedEx would be able to just pay off the Big 12 on behalf of the school?! Here we go again people

Reaction Score
And, while not as well know as Phil Knight or T Boone Pickens, Fed Ex's Fred Smith is worth $2.3 billion....what's a couple of hundred million when you have 2,300 million?

Reaction Score
Mike DeCourcy from Sporting News listed his top 4 candidates for realignment - BYU and Cincy were 1 and 2.....then MEMPHIS at 3 and UConn at 4. I guess he is not considering academics at all - if we thought Louisville was rough in terms of what they bring to the table academically, Memphis isn't even on the map! I was also wondering how FedEx would be able to just pay off the Big 12 on behalf of the school?! Here we go again people
Academics were never going to matter. In 2016 all that matters is what your record was the previous football season

Reaction Score
There are some programs with very wealthy entrepreneur contributors....Under Armour's Plank at Maryland, T Bonne at Okie State, Phil Knight and Nike at Oregeon, the Gaylord's ($80 million contribution) at Oklahoma, McClane at Baylor ($200 million contribution). John Arillaga at Stanford (100's of millions in contributions) and on...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom