Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 227 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 30m30 minutes ago
Couple small expansion notes I'm hearing: Big 12 expected to seriously talk with six to eight schools in the process.

Andrew Castle ‏@MileHigh_Castle · 30m30 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN any idea of the timeline for those discussions?

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@MileHigh_Castle
Best way to describe it: ongoing.

Kellis Robinett‏@KellisRobinett
K-State offensive coordinator Dana Dimel, a former head coach at Houston, thinks Cougars would be bad for Big 12
Former Houston coach Dana Dimel thinks Cougars would be bad for Big 12

The suggestion is that Houston in the Big 12 would make recruiting that area even tougher. Already pretty difficult.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 29m29 minutes ago
As you can probably imagine, a lot of discussions behind the scenes. Industry source very skeptical any announcement before season begins.

@okieproud76 Based on what I'm hearing, UCF in the mix

Hopefully, Michigan will embarrass UCF enough on Sept 10 that the Big 12 will take notice of that dumpster fire.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Couple small expansion notes I'm hearing: Big 12 expected to seriously talk with six to eight schools in the process.

This is when I like our chances. I think we have the right people in place to have these conversations. I very much doubt the decision makers at Houston, Cinci, Memphis, UCF, etc. are as strong as ours.

Reaction Score
Jason Williams ‏@jwilliamscincy · 59m59 minutes ago
@TimGriffinBig12 Thx for picking up tweet. Tim. Source saying everyone generally agrees on BYU, but OU wants BYU/CIN; UT wants BYU/HOU

Jason Williams ‏@jwilliamscincy · 59m59 minutes ago
@TimGriffinBig12 So for the whole thing to potentially work, they compromise w/ OU getting pick (Cin) and Texas getting pick (HOU).

Reaction Score
Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel · 26m26 minutes ago
BREAKING: National LGBT groups are urging the Big 12 to drop BYU from consideration over alleged discrimination.
25 LGBT groups send letter to Big 12 urging it to shun BYU

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel · 24m24 minutes ago
GLAAD, NOW among 25 advocacy groups campaigning the Big 12 to drop BYU from expansion consideration.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel · 23m23 minutes ago
One openly gay Big 12 athlete says he would not travel to BYU if in the conference event due to its LGBT policies.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 16m16 minutes ago
Had heard last week there was unease about BYU because of LGBT issues and school's honor code. It is a concern.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 16m16 minutes ago
Had heard last week there was unease about BYU because of LGBT issues and school's honor code. It is a concern.
Good. It should be giving the church's history of funding anti-LGBT legislation.

Reaction Score
Stewart Mandel‏@slmandel
BREAKING: National LGBT groups are urging the Big 12 to drop BYU from consideration over alleged discrimination.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 1h1 hour ago
Not surprised by this. BYU's honor code is a sensitive topic but deserves scrutiny

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 60m60 minutes ago
If you're a school kicking out students or firing faculty for being gay in 2016 it's a bad association for Big 12 schools and that's a fact

riboflavin‏@riboflavinLLC
@DanWolken
that's not happening dan.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 55m55 minutes ago
I can't speak to what's happening but what's in the honor code makes a lot of people uncomfortable.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 48m48 minutes ago
@riboflavinLLC
But if you are in a legal same sex marriage you cannot work there.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 37m37 minutes ago
This isn't complicated. It may be rooted in religious reasons, but BYU's policy is discriminatory. There is no explaining it away.

Scottish Cougar‏@ScottishCougar
@DanWolken
so BYU shouldn't be able to uphold any standards in line with its core beliefs/teachings?

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 1h1 hour ago
They should be. That doesn't have anything to do with the Big 12 voluntarily associating with such a place

Reaction Score
That's a 2way street Nicky.
It may be but we don't need to scrap to get in.....our situation is watch and wait....who has friends and who don't! You guys sometimes act like you're ND or PSU....ask some of you're old mates.....I catch hell for speaking on UConns behalf elsewhere and catch it here too...you're making the point for the enemies of UConn...
Everybody does.

This is a UConn board, sometimes people will take shots at other schools. Rutgers is a frequent target, you don't need to defend them everytime.
Whens the last time I defended them here? I can't even remember...I stated what I considered to be a fact and the stuff was on...I rarely comment on and even avoid any RU convo's!! I just want you guys to get a fair shake....I don't care what most think of my info as long as its honest....honestly someone behind the scenes seem to nutt kick you guys at every turn for what reason? I'd love to know.
Always remember
FB_IMG_1461771692507.jpg

Reaction Score
Ralph D. Russo ‏@ralphDrussoAP · 28m28 minutes ago
I will not debate freedom or religion/civil rights in the context of Big 12 expansion on Twitter because nothing good will come .. (1/?)

Ralph D. Russo ‏@ralphDrussoAP · 26m26 minutes ago
But I will reiterate couple things:
Expansion decisions are made by univ. presidents, deciding, in part, who they want to work with. (2/?)

Ralph D. Russo ‏@ralphDrussoAP · 24m24 minutes ago
Academics, cultural fit, alignment of similar interests, values & goals is not a small thing in expansion. Often bigger than fball W-L (fin)

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 24m24 minutes ago
As @ralphDrussoAP just noted, Big 12 expansion will be determined by 10 university presidents -- and LGBT issues are important on campuses.

Reaction Score

Andrew Castle ‏@MileHigh_Castle · 30m30 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN any idea of the timeline for those discussions?

@MileHigh_Castle
Best way to describe it: ongoing.

Kellis Robinett‏@KellisRobinett
K-State offensive coordinator Dana Dimel, a former head coach at Houston, thinks Cougars would be bad for Big 12
Former Houston coach Dana Dimel thinks Cougars would be bad for Big 12

The suggestion is that Houston in the Big 12 would make recruiting that area even tougher. Already pretty difficult.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 29m29 minutes ago
As you can probably imagine, a lot of discussions behind the scenes. Industry source very skeptical any announcement before season begins.

Kevin Heath ‏@okieproud76 · 17m17 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN
There's a report of Big 12 officials in Orlando today to visit UCF. Is that one of the schools?

@okieproud76 Based on what I'm hearing, UCF in the mix.
Take on more than 4 and the B12 is headed for G5 status in a few years!!

Reaction Score
Stewart Mandel‏@slmandel

Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS · 14m14 minutes ago
This is going to make BYU harder for the Big 12 to stomach.

Reaction Score
Take on more than 4 and the B12 is headed for G5 status in a few years!!

As much as people don't like you here, I agree. If the Big XII doesn't take the true brand names they're screwed anyway.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So the timing of this can't be coincidental. By all accounts the Big 12 wants to wrap this up sooner rather than later. Key players are the 10 universities, Fox and ESPN. Who puts this story in the public? None other than FoxSports who has said they want the Big 12 to expand east. I'm thinking more and more there may be something to the UC/UH rumor.

Reaction Score
So the timing of this can't be coincidental. By all accounts the Big 12 wants to wrap this up sooner rather than later. Key players are the 10 universities, Fox and ESPN. Who puts this story in the public? Non other than FoxSports who has said they want the Big 12 to expand east. I'm thinking more and more there may be something to the UC/UH rumor.

All it takes is a nudge. Most of these groups probably have no idea what the Big XII even is, but it someone drops a line here or there someone will bite.

I agree with the groups, but you're right, the timing is suspect.

Reaction Score
So the timing of this can't be coincidental. By all accounts the Big 12 wants to wrap this up sooner rather than later. Key players are the 10 universities, Fox and ESPN. Who puts this story in the public? None other than FoxSports who has said they want the Big 12 to expand east. I'm thinking more and more there may be something to the UC/UH rumor.

Because UH is East?

Reaction Score
Go 0-12.

Clean out coaching staff. Hire new coach.

Is that really a positive development?

Dodd has a penchant for making the most asinine comments. This f-stick steals a paycheck every week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom