Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 903 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Let’s try it again in this thread…
I don't know how the DMAs are defined but here in Hartford County it sure feels like we are part of the NYC DMA. At least I consider myself included in that group whether the brain trusts consider me or not. I'd include Litchfield, Hartford, New Haven and Middlesex Counties. A city so large should probably include a few more NY, NJ and PA counties too.

Reaction Score
There was no chance this wouldn’t have played out publicly. There are too many people involved. The publicity doesn’t matter.
I agree, unlikely that this would stay private.

I'm not sure playing our in public hurts UConn though. Over the last two summers, Yormark has spent a lot of effort in trying to get UConn to the Big 12. If UConn doesn't get in it will be embarrassing for Yormark. He's probably earned some goodwill and trust within the conference. If it comes to a vote some schools might vote 'yes' to UConn because they don't want to embarrass a guy who has done a lot for them.

Reaction Score
I agree, unlikely that this would stay private.

I'm not sure playing our in public hurts UConn though. Over the last two summers, Yormark has spent a lot of effort in trying to get UConn to the Big 12. If UConn doesn't get in it will be embarrassing for Yormark. He's probably earned some goodwill and trust within the conference. If it comes to a vote some schools might vote 'yes' to UConn because they don't want to embarrass a guy who has done a lot for them.
You might be right. Hope so.

Reaction Score
What the heck does this mean ? Double speak
Why is it double speak?

He said "It's incumbent on me to create value. Big brands, big markets matter. We'll see what happens."

His job is to find value opportunities for the Big 12. UConn is a big brand in a big market. That is what he is trying to sell to the Presidents.

Reaction Score
It's one game.
I mean, seriously. I am frustrated as a fan, but anyone making these dumb proclamations … we can’t get players as an Indy. That’s just the way it goes. We gotta hope we can hit on the portal and NIL

Tough spot against Maryland and a. Poor performance by the team. Should be better next week. I don’t think it exposed anything but we don’t have enough talent to compete with a mediocre power conference team.

Reaction Score
I mean, seriously. I am frustrated as a fan, but anyone making these dumb proclamations … we can’t get players as an Indy. That’s just the way it goes. We gotta hope we can hit on the portal and NIL

Tough spot against Maryland and a. Poor performance by the team. Should be better next week. I don’t think it exposed anything but we don’t have enough talent to compete with a mediocre power conference team.
Our NIL is way better than some of these FCS and G5 schools who would beat the snot out of us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom