Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 902 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
His tweet was so dumb it makes me wonder if one of his donors is a UConn basketball donor that wants to stay in the Big East and asked him to make a public statement about it
That was my opinion that last time he opened his mouth about wanting to stay in the Big East.

Reaction Score
UConn is not in the NYC DMA
Let’s try it again in this thread…
“Storrs” CT is not but Fairfield County CT is:

New York DMA Overview

IMG_1087.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn's offense was the cause of the Duke loss...32 net yards in the first half...A 7-41 loss is not due to a targeting call.
I didn’t say Mitchel’s targeting ejection was the reason they lost to Duke. I was responding to a post that mentioned bad calls by saying Mitchel’s targeting ejection was beyond egregious. No that Duke game, Duke could have won that game 77-0; if they really wanted to.

Reaction Score
UConn is not in the NYC DMA
Let’s try it again in this thread…Thank you @huskymedic

AND not including the portion of CT which again is in the NYC DMA, the New Haven-Hartford DMA is #34. If you add in the CT Fairfield County DMA the total footprint of the CT DMA would rank 21/22 in the country. Note, this does not include the Springfield DMA which would place the total combined DMA in the US Top 20.

So in summary, the UConn DMA footprint is a 19-22 market in the US And an affluent one at that, which brings additional benefits. For the trolls reading this, We are not the tiny state you see on a map.

I am sure this was discussed by the B12 advisory firm. By my estimate this market would rank somewhere from 4-6 in the B12. The number of eyeballs just on MBB and WBB would be huge. There’s DMAs and there’s eyeballs. Take Rutgers for example, their value is not in eyeballs, it’s in carriage fees. Advertisers pay more for eyeballs.

EDIT: This is just one example of why the WBB haters don‘t understand the value UConn WBB brings as a local and more importantly national brand. Their games bring eyeballs, lots of them, which advertisers will pay for. The pull from WBB is growing and live events are a big money maker. Yormark gets it.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let’s try it again in this thread…Thank you @huskymedic

AND not including the portion of CT which again is in the NYC DMA, the New Haven-Hartford DMA is #34. If you add in the CT Fairfield County DMA the total footprint of the CT DMA would rank 21/22 in the country. Note, this does not include the Springfield DMA which would place the total combined DMA in the US Top 20.

So in summary, the UConn DMA footprint is a 19-22 market in the US And an affluent one at that, which brings additional benefits. For the trolls reading this, We are not the tiny state you see on a map.

I am sure this was discussed by the B12 advisory firm. By my estimate this market would rank somewhere from 4-6 in the B12. The number of eyeballs just on MBB and WBB would be huge. There’s DMAs and there’s eyeballs. Take Rutgers for example, their value is not in eyeballs, it’s in carriage fees. Advertisers pay more for eyeballs.

EDIT: This is just one example of why the WBB haters don‘t understand the value UConn WBB brings as a local and more importantly national brand. Their games bring eyeballs, lots of them, which advertisers will pay for. The pull from WBB is growing and live events are a big money maker. Yormark gets it.
Yep, DMA's derived when broadcast TV was all that existed, no cable TV, and certainly no Internet. They are the limits of the distance that a broadcast signal can travel. One can reasonably question whether they are particularly relevant in the cable era. They probably aren't particularly relevant data in the Internet era except as a proxy for population.

Reaction Score
So do you anticipate them mobilizing their municipal militia to stop traffic on RT 44?
They dont need to. Have you ever been to a sold out game in Storrs. Traffic is backed up both in the lots and on the roads out of Storrs. If the local towns dont supply cops to facilitate traffic flow , with 50,000 or more at a football game, they may have to declare a state of emergency to bring in supply’s to help the stranded fans.

CL82

Reaction Score
They dont need to. Have you ever been to a sold out game in Storrs. Traffic is backed up both in the lots and on the roads out of Storrs. If the local towns dont supply cops to facilitate traffic flow , with 50,000 or more at a football game, they may have to declare a state of emergency to bring in supply’s to help the stranded fans.

Lol, that's not what you said. What you said was that towns between Route 91 and stores "would not allow traffic". So I was wondering just how you believe they would stop that?

It now appears that you believe towns will deny their municipal police forces the ability to pick up a lucrative overtime gig paid for by the state? Lol, highly unlikely, my friend, and if they did, other towns police would just get the gig. In any event, the only place that would likely be needed is in the immediate vicinity of Storrs.

It also sounds like you've never actually been to a football game, because if you had, you'd probably be at least vaguely familiar with the concept of "tailgating" and the fact that fans arrive Starting hours before the start of the game and leave up to hours afterwards. That naturally feathers the traffic is the way virtually every football playing college manages traffic across America.

Or, maybe you are familiar with tailgating and are just being disingenuous? It's either one or the other though.

Reaction Score
Lol, that's not what you said. What you said was that towns between Route 91 and stores "would not allow traffic". So I was wondering just how you believe they would stop that?

It now appears that you believe towns will deny their municipal police forces the ability to pick up a lucrative overtime gig paid for by the state? Lol, highly unlikely, my friend, and if they did, other towns police would just get the gig. In any event, the only place that would likely be needed is in the immediate vicinity of Storrs.

It also sounds like you've never actually been to a football game, because if you had, you'd probably be at least vaguely familiar with the concept of "tailgating" and the fact that fans arrive Starting hours before the start of the game and leave up to hours afterwards. That naturally feathers the traffic is the way virtually every football playing college manages traffic across America.

Or, maybe you are familiar with tailgating and are just being disingenuous? It's either one or the other though.
Upon rereading it I think he meant allow related to capabilities.

"The road does not allow for that much traffic"

CL82

Reaction Score
Upon rereading it I think he meant allow related to capabilities.

"The road does not allow for that much traffic"
Maybe, but he actually said "the towns won't allow that much traffic" and then doubled down on that by saying they wouldn't allow their police officers to manage traffic.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This should have never played out publicly. Poorly managed by all involved, including Yormark. College athletics continues as an amatuer endeavor when in comes to those in charge.

There was no chance this wouldn’t have played out publicly. There are too many people involved. The publicity doesn’t matter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom