Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 771 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I think you are right. If the B1G passed on Stanford and Cal, they are passing on UConn.

The B1G will only add whoever FOX/NBC/CBS deems worthy.
I think the Big 10 passed on Stanford and Cal because the timing was not right. And, the Big 10 didn't want to take Washington and Oregon at first. LT, I think Stanford and Cal are going to the Big 10 in a western pod with USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon. In the meantime, they are in the ACC, probably until the GOR expires.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 10 passed on Stanford and Cal because the timing was not right. And, the Big 10 didn't want to take Washington and Oregon at first. LT, I think Stanford and Cal are going to the Big 10 in a western pod with USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon. In the meantime, they are in the ACC, probably until the GOR expires.
You would think that Calford made the same pitch to the B1G that they made to the ACC about coming in at a reduced rate and the B1G passed.

Why would they want to add them in the future at a full share? Having 4 Western schools is plenty to enable non-football scheduling. Adding them doesn’t bring any addition dollars

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cal and Stanford bring little. I highly doubt the BiG will be interested.
If they really want more western teams, AZ and UT would be more desirable. But I doubt the west is a big concern. The BiG has its eyes on the ACC.

Reaction Score
I think you are right. If the B1G passed on Stanford and Cal, they are passing on UConn.

The B1G will only add whoever FOX/NBC/CBS deems worthy.
Our best and frankly only hope is finding a home for football immediately to hold us over til the ACC implodes and then go make a league with BC, Wake, Syracuse, and the other east coast schools that are left over.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Something for down the line, this Michigan sign stealing situation can cause them to join a new conference or start their own down the line.

Let’s just say the flagship program in the Big Ten is not happy with how they’re being treated and may be looking to pickup their money and go elsewhere because of it.

Reaction Score
Something for down the line, this Michigan sign stealing situation can cause them to join a new conference or start their own down the line.

Let’s just say the flagship program in the Big Ten is not happy with how they’re being treated and may be looking to pickup their money and go elsewhere because of it.
I’d cackle if they accepted a Notre Dame invitation to the ACC.

Reaction Score

That would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Unless they can get over $100M somewhere else it’s not happening.

They will sit in the B1G and sulk until OSU steps on their junk again and history will repeat itself.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’d cackle if they accepted a Notre Dame invitation to the ACC.
Could very well be possible.

The talk is either the current Big Ten commish is gone when the time comes to renegotiate and an uneven revenue share happens or they look towards the ACC/go independent/start super conference

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Unless they can get over $100M somewhere else it’s not happening.

They will sit in the B1G and sulk until OSU steps on their junk again and history will repeat itself.
Michigan is one of the biggest brands in cfb. Them and OSU carries the conference. Not the other way around.

The money is going to follow them wherever they go.

Reaction Score
These teams are way more valuable when in a conference and one that contains other powerful brands/TV ratings generators. Really hard to see Michigan leaving the B1G. It's not just a football decision because UM brings in tons of research dollars as part of the B1G.

Reaction Score
Could very well be possible.

The talk is either the current Big Ten commish is gone when the time comes to renegotiate and an uneven revenue share happens or they look towards the ACC/go independent/start super conference

It’s possible.

But highly improbable.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nobody is going pay the ACC $100M per school just because Michigan goes there.

Think about what you are saying.
This isn’t my opinion on it. This is information from those in the know at Michigan. They are not happy about this Harbaugh situation and feel like they’re being treated unfairly. You don’t treat the cash cow of your conference unfairly.

Any deal Michigan makes if they leave will be about an uneven revenue distribution most likely. After how schools like Purdue and Rutgers threw them under the bus they’re probably done playing nice.

Reaction Score
This isn’t my opinion on it. This is information from those in the know at Michigan. They are not happy about this Harbaugh situation and feel like they’re being treated unfairly. You don’t treat the cash cow of your conference unfairly.

Any deal Michigan makes if they leave will be about an uneven revenue distribution most likely. After how schools like Purdue and Rutgers threw them under the bus they’re probably done playing nice.
Michigan was not a top school in recent years until the last 2 years. Michigan needs the Big 10, a conference that is about to get a lot better with the additions of Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA. There is absolutely no way they go to the ACC no matter what. Michigan is pissed and they will get over it..

Reaction Score

Who's in the know at Michigan?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Michigan was not a top school in recent years until the last 2 years. Michigan needs the Big 10, a conference that is about to get a lot better with the additions of Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA. There is absolutely no way they go to the ACC no matter what. Michigan is pissed and they will get over it..
The Michigan brand is the Michigan brand. They have the most wins in all of cfb, the #1 public school in the country, and a huge alumni base. They were the first cfb school to be sponsored by Jordan brand because of their value. Big House is the biggest stadium in cfb still. Blue blood program.

They can 100% go the ND route and be just fine if they wanted too. The Big Ten needs them a lot more than vice versa. Especially in this conference realignment wars.

Michigan to the ACC actually stabilizes that conference in these realignment wars. Before these PAC-12 additions it’s really just a UM OSU battle every year. In the ACC FSU and Clemson are legit and the rest of the programs is a wash if not better than the Big Ten.

Who's in the know at Michigan?
Their insiders. They have like 3 message boards with paid dedicated insiders that are all reporting the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom