Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 685 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the ACC would know a school that adds value if it swam up and bit them on the ass. The whole conference is run by a bunch people who think it’s the 90s. We give these people too much credit. The entire saga of realignment is an endless series of mistakes of both action and inaction. The Big East didn’t think Penn State “added value”. The PAC didn’t think any Big XII teams except Texas were worthy of it. Even OU. Now those schools helped destroy it.

The ACC has a valuable collection of schools and has done a crappy job leveraging it for them. FSU is a bunch of dopes because they are actively reducing the power and leverage of the conference they are in due to their own arrogance. The smart play would be to go all in on the ACC and make sure it survives, grows and becomes more valuable.
It wasn’t that the Big East “didn’t think Penn State added value”. Penn State needed six of the eight BE schools to approve their membership. The vote was 5-3 in favor, one short. The three negative votes were basketball schools: Georgetown, Villanova and St. John’s.

Reactions: GG

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The SEC chief will visit Louisville to tell them, ‘sorry, you did not make the final cut.’ Except, the next day the same chief will announce that Louisville has been invited as he downs a half-bottle of Advil while looking at 4 empty bottles of bourbon in his hotel room and an entire thumb drive of incriminating pictures from his night with one of Pitino’s finest.

I swear bourbon was involved at a former company of mine when the exec team was finalizing the city of pop a major operation. Louisville was ranked #4 of the 4 finalists, but after one night there, they announced it would be Louisville before even visiting two of the other cities.

So they're going the Senator Geary route?

Geary.PNG

Reaction Score
Why would ESPN let FSU go the the B1G and Fox/NBC/CBS? Why would ESPN agree to pay FSU more to play in the SEC and undermine the ACCN that ESPN owns 50%?
Wouldn't it make sense that FSU would spurn ESPN and go to the B1G?

Reaction Score
It wasn’t that the Big East “didn’t think Penn State added value”. Penn State needed six of the eight BE schools to approve their membership. The vote was 5-3 in favor, one short. The three negative votes were basketball schools: Georgetown, Villanova and St. John’s.
And if we had brought Penn State into the Big East originally, they still would have left for the Big Ten when the invitation came.

Reaction Score
will the B12 go to 20 members? UConn, Ore State, SDSU, and who knows fourth, maybe Tulane or SMU, or Cal or Wash State

Reaction Score
Wow. First I've heard of this. Better not be true or Yormark failed. Those two will kill the next media deal, plus it would suck for the eastern and midwest schools.
I can't imagine WVU, Cincy, and UCF presidents be supporting this. Yes let's keep sending our athletes out west across multiple timezones so we can be at a disadvantage for all the sports.

Of course, Oregon State and SDSU will try to get in. Will they help with the next media deal and markets?

I can stomache Oregon St/SDSU with UConn but both from the West? WTF are these presidents thinking?

This would be a very very dumb move by the B12. If it is true, it just means presidents are running the expansion not Yormark. If that's the case, it is over for UConn and the B12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
y
Wow. First I've heard of this. Better not be true or Yormark failed. Those two will kill the next media deal, plus it would suck for the eastern and midwest schools.
If this is true and we’ve been fully sidelined in another round of realignment after the year our athletic programs just had - that’s brutal. And I think it’ll become increasingly hard to recruit top talent as conference realignment continues to put the biggest and best schools together and we’re stuck in a Catholic league. Just a tough long term picture.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You’ve fished us for enough attention, can’t you go find the Oregon State board and go lie to them instead?

Reaction Score
y

If this is true and we’ve been fully sidelined in another round of realignment after the year our athletic programs just had - that’s brutal. And I think it’ll become increasingly hard to recruit top talent as conference realignment continues to put the biggest and best schools together and we’re stuck in a Catholic league. Just a tough long term picture.
Basketball will never have an issue recruiting.

Reaction Score
You’ve fished us for enough attention, can’t you go find the Oregon State board and go lie to them instead?
Dude.. He is a poster like the rest of us. There is no need to be hostile. If you don't want to read his comments, the ignore button is your friend.

There are many of us here that are happy he is here giving us some good insights. These realignment things change by the hour so it is not a bad thing to have someone like Goku here.

ASU literally decided to join the B12 last Friday morning when Oregon and Washington didn't show up for their PAC-12 media meeting.

Reaction Score
I imagine that this would depend in large part on the language of the media contracts (broadcast partners may have a say) but hypothetically, if the ACC could, why would they? Why would the school request this unless they would be moving to greener pastures? If they were, logically wouldn't this make the ACC a lesser product? Beyond that, this would set a precedent that could be potentially very dangerous as one of the schools that really does want out could apply for the same deal shortly after the first was completed.
The league and the school would both be able to spin it the way they wanted. In the ACC's case, it would be able to sell swapping Louisville for a bigger market with presumably better academics (not that I think this matters a ton, but Louisville is such an outlier when compared to the rest of the league that I have to think there'd be a contingent of presidents itching to get rid of them).

Not sure the difference between Louisville and say, UConn or Stanford would even make it worth the headache, but I bet if we lived in a world where conferences were allowed to trade schools it would happen. For instance, would the ACC trade Louisville for Houston or TCU if it meant keeping Clemson and FSU happy? They'd have to think about it. It'd also allow the Big 12 to balance its east and west corridors without losing any markets.

Reaction Score
If they add OSU and SDSU can we finally admit that Yormark used us as bait this whole time? Supposedly he wanted to expand to the Northeast and continue building Big 12 basketball yet they're thinking about adding two schools on the West coast who can't match our basketball program in any way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom