Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 606 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

GG

Reaction Score
UConn is phase 1 of a larger "non-football playing" raid on the Big East when the Big East contract comes up for negotiation (iff nothing happened to push off UConn's addition this time).
I am confused. Are you saying we are not being selected this go around? Your last tweet implies we are in.

Reaction Score
Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX
Just another schmuck trying to read the tea leaves that are DB's tweets.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
UCF is a huge school in Orlando, in a heavily recruited football area

Even if they were new, people would give them the benefit of the doubt
I was just about to add this too!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The new court was unveiled today. He always engages with the fan base. That’s not new. The court has the “basketball capital of the world” but that was decided and painted quite some time ago.

“Oh well, we missed out but at least AD Dave was positive on Twitter” isn’t a consolation and he knows that. He wouldn’t be doing that. He’s not trying to send coded messages.
This is what they always do. “Rah rah we’re winners look how shiny and cool our basketball team is please don’t think about the sustainability of it haha.”

We’ve been fed this nonsense before. All that’s missing is the official statement of how cool we are once the B12 gets to 16.

Reaction Score
This is what they always do. “Rah rah we’re winners look how shiny and cool our basketball team is please don’t think about the sustainability of it haha.”

We’ve been fed this nonsense before. All that’s missing is the official statement of how cool we are once the B12 gets to 16.
I wish they would talk more about how much it sucks winning all these championships. Of course there's no sustainability of winning basketball championships. We already went over this 10 years ago on the board.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wish they would talk more about how much it sucks winning all these championships. Of course there's no sustainability of winning basketball championships. We already went over this 10 years ago on the board.
I know you’ve been over this with other posters, but eventually the P2/3 is gonna create their own tournament and keep the crazy amounts of money it generates. Idk when exactly it’ll happen, but these schools are way too greedy to not see the money trees they can grow by splitting off from the NCAA and the broke conferences like the Big East.

Reaction Score
I know you’ve been over this with other posters, but eventually the P2/3 is gonna create their own tournament and keep the crazy amounts of money it generates. Idk when exactly it’ll happen, but these schools are way too greedy to not see the money trees they can grow by splitting off from the NCAA and the broke conferences like the Big East.
Yeah, I'm not buying any of that.

Of course I want UConn to have way more money to operate with but our basketball program isn't going anywhere and realignment isn't even close to finished.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

What network is going to shell out millions to broadcast a 14-17 Iowa vs 13-17 Georgia Tech 8 v 9 opening round game?

There aren't enough teams to make that compelling whatsoever... Not only that but the regular season truly becomes meaningless if every team qualifies from the P3.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not buying any of that.

Of course I want UConn to have way more money to operate with but our basketball program isn't going anywhere and realignment isn't even close to finished.
I think you’re underestimating the precedent of greed and selfishness that’s been set by these power school universities. They’ve ruined what made college sports special already, tradition and reason beyond the financial is dead, all that’s left is to maximize value.

I’m sure we’ll be fine in basketball if the split never happens. But the P3 conferences will always be viewed as stronger and more relevant than the Big East, and our program deserves the prestige that comes from being in the P3.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So after all of these grand plans from the B12, they end up adding 4 teams…and only two new markets (Colorado and Arizona). And we hear it is football success that drives the bus…but the 4 teams added have a combined football record below .500 in the last 5 seasons…and were below .400 this past season.

So maddening! I thought BY might be forward thinking, but just ended up going with the short sighted picks that win with the 60 year old dinosaurs they hang out with at booster receptions. No forward thinking again!

Reaction Score
I think you’re underestimating the precedent of greed and selfishness that’s been set by these power school universities. They’ve ruined what made college sports special already, tradition and reason beyond the financial is dead, all that’s left is to maximize value.

I’m sure we’ll be fine in basketball if the split never happens. But the P3 conferences will always be viewed as stronger and more relevant than the Big East, and our program deserves the prestige that comes from being in the P3.

Until they offer our Head Coach 10 million a year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What network is going to shell out millions to broadcast a 14-17 Iowa vs 13-17 Georgia Tech 8 v 9 opening round game?

There aren't enough teams to make that compelling whatsoever... Not only that but the regular season truly becomes meaningless if every team qualifies from the P3.
The same network that broadcasts Purdue vs Fairleigh Dickinson. Except now the FD equivalent has 50x more fans tuning in for the potential upset. People need to realize a tournament made up of all power teams draws in way more eyes, because all these schools have fan bases.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I’m curious why the eastern schools are supporting this. They are pushing into smaller markets with bad TV slots that are thousands of miles away.

Reaction Score
The same network that broadcasts Purdue vs Fairleigh Dickinson. Except now the FD equivalent has 50x more fans tuning in for the potential upset. People need to realize a tournament made up of all power teams draws in way more eyes, because all these schools have fan bases.
It will hurt the casual fans who like the upsets. But then even Indiana high school got rid of the format that gave us Hoosiers miracles.

Reaction Score
I’m curious why the eastern schools are supporting this. They are pushing into smaller markets with bad TV slots that are thousands of miles away.
They are simply along for the ride. Texas money is calling the shots.

Reaction Score
Dude, St. Peter's destroyed the NBA playoffs in tv ratings.

People won't care about cr@ppy big schools playing other cr@ppy big schools in a tournament where every cr@ppy big school gets in.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Also can anyone explain why the casual fan is more interested in Purdue vs Fairleigh Dickinson instead of Boston College or Vanderbilt? You’d think the casual fan would be more interested in the 1 seed playing a school they’ve heard of instead?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Dude, St. Peter's destroyed the NBA playoffs in tv ratings.

People won't care about cr@ppy big schools playing other cr@ppy big schools in a tournament where every cr@ppy big school gets in.
I promise when the first crappy big school completely blows everyone’s mind by playing above their ability, people will still care. It’s not about St. Peter’s being a mid major, it’s the fact they had no business making it that far.

Reaction Score
Also can anyone explain why the casual fan is more interested in Purdue vs Fairleigh Dickinson instead of Boston College or Vanderbilt? You’d think the casual fan would be more interested in the 1 seed playing a school they’ve heard of instead?
Is this a serious question? How are you this big a college basketball fan and don't know why the tournament is so loved?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom