Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 598 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seriously @CL82 and Upstater, maybe create a separate thread for "state financing and its impact on college athletics".

Key State Financing and it's impact on college athletics

Non-Key State Financing and it's impact on college athletics

Daily update on State financing and it's impact on college athletics

Please note all 3 threads shall contain the exact same conversation with the exact same people

Reaction Score
It is now unlikely the Big 12 will add UConn unless something unexpected happens. ACC is going to need members, UConn would fit in there nicely

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If the Pac had a deal like their current deal, none of the 9 would be talking about leaving now. My beliefs.
  • Oregon and Washington want to go to the B1G. They hate the idea of the Big 12. Do they hate it more than the Pac with the Apple deal? That's the question.
  • UA, ASU and Utah want to stay, even though they don't like the deal. However, the fear of the B1G taking Washington and Oregon is so great that they may elect to take the Big XII deal and mitigate that risk.
  • Stanford and Cal are stoned out of their mind somewhere. They are completely at the mercy of what others do and are acting like it. They have some hope they will land on their feet.
  • Oregon State and WSU are like Cal and Stanford, but aren't rich, can't afford good weed so are in a state of mortal terror as they look at being in a glorified MWC making about $10m a year.
It all comes down to Washington and Oregon. If they commit to the Pac, it probably keeps everyone. If the reports of about a half share from the B1G are true, they may just stay.

Reaction Score
Expenditures are in excess of income, that's a deficit. I have the same reaction you do when people refer to it as being in debt. That's not accurate.

Describing a deficit as an "investment by the state" is, I suppose, accurate in that ultimately the state foots the bill, but, it feels disingenuous to me.

Welcome to sales, marketing, and politics lol

Reaction Score
If the Pac had a deal like their current deal, none of the 9 would be talking about leaving now. My beliefs.
  • Oregon and Washington want to go to the B1G. They hate the idea of the Big 12. Do they hate it more than the Pac with the Apple deal? That's the question.
  • UA, ASU and Utah want to stay, even though they don't like the deal. However, the fear of the B1G taking Washington and Oregon is so great that they may elect to take the Big XII deal and mitigate that risk.
  • Stanford and Cal are stoned out of their mind somewhere. They are completely at the mercy of what others do and are acting like it. They have some hope they will land on their feet.
  • Oregon State and WSU are like Cal and Stanford, but aren't rich, can't afford good weed so are in a state of mortal terror as they look at being in a glorified MWC making about $10m a year.
It all comes down to Washington and Oregon. If they commit to the Pac, it probably keeps everyone. If the reports of about a half share from the B1G are true, they may just stay.

But the leaks around Arizona/ASU predates that about Oregon/Washington and seems to be moving along faster. That could be simply twitter perception to be sure.

Reaction Score
Duh. But you do get 2-3 Kansas/UConn games which is likely equal to BYU/Utah

Not equal. One matchup is national level the other is State focused. Without looking it up, when did BYU/Utah play and who won?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Is it good or bad that AD Dave is listening to this twitter spaces?
IMG_1914.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But the leaks around Arizona/ASU predates that about Oregon/Washington and seems to be moving along faster. That could be simply twitter perception to be sure.
Oregon and Washington were vetted when USC/UCLA left. Everyone knows that. The McMurphy tweet shows it. They were coming eventually, but the B1G wanted to wait and integrate the LA schools. So the AZ schools know the Pac is doomed, and then they saw the crap TV deal and now it is clear just how doomed it is. Because that is with Washington and Oregon.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So this is the 'coast to coast' basketball conference? Between the 4 schools, there is 1 good football team and 1 good basketball team. It will be spun as a victory, but it would be a pathetic outcome.
You went from 0 schools in Utah to 2 schools in Utah! Crack the O’Douls and get weird!

Reaction Score
Its really not likely equal to that. I wish it was, but football rates drastically higher.
I found in 2019, BYU-Utah had an audience of about 1.6 million on ESPN. The top rated basketball game that year was UNC-Duke (also ESPN) which pulled in 2.6 million. People just can't get enough of football.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
As hopeful as I’ve been, I’m now at the point that barring a miracle I think we’re OUT this round.

Reaction Score
I love how in all articles on B1G expansion with more PAC-12 teams, its insistent on only if the PAC-12 loses more schools to the Big 12, which is in all likelihood happening and the B1G knows it. The B1G is made out to look like a hero for rescuing these schools, when it was in fact the B1G that ultimately kills off the PAC-12. Such a great PR move!

Reaction Score
I love how in all articles on B1G expansion with more PAC-12 teams, its insistent on only if the PAC-12 loses more schools to the Big 12, which is in all likelihood happening and the B1G knows it. The B1G is made out to look like a hero for rescuing these schools, when it was in fact the B1G that ultimately kills off the PAC-12. Such a great PR move!
I have to imagine anyone who follows this stuff knows they're the villains.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
We Know The Truth GIF by GIPHY News

Reaction Score
What is wrong with some of you? What legitimate piece of reporting or context have we seen that says Utah is def in the B12? This board is a bunch of wounded animals man. Adding Utah would go against everything the commissioner has been saying for months. Not saying it's not possible, but the only reason to think that is happening right now is pure self-created anxiety.

Reaction Score
What is wrong with some of you? What legitimate piece of reporting or context have we seen that says Utah is def in the B12? This board is a bunch of wounded animals man. Adding Utah would go against everything the commissioner has been saying for months. Not saying it's not possible, but the only reason to think that is happening right now is pure self-created anxiety.
Because at the end of the day, Yormark is at the mercy of the Big 12 schools. He works for them, not the other way around.

He may want UConn, but he's not a dictator (unfortunately)

Reaction Score
It is possible BYU would try to block Utah for revenge. If Utah doesn't make it to Big 12, they are up the creek. Don't think Big 10 would take them soon. They may find themselves in a situation like UConn if the Pac 12 implodes.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score

Wow everything must happen by the end is this week!! The apple offer to the PAC expires at end of this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom