Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 595 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Something Big12 presidents consider if they're thinking strategically.

"Most of the population live in the USA Time Zone of EST. Around 47.6% of people live in EST of the USA Time Zone. In the USA Time Zone of CST, 29.1% of people stay. In MST, 6.7% and PST 16.6% of people live in those USA Time Zones."

Reaction Score
Posturing for who? That doesn't really make any sense.
It makes plenty of sense. By threatening to disband, it’s forcing Apple to come in w a higher bid. Oregon and Washington will have a hard time leaving the “states” behind. Stanford and cal and maybe Utah don’t have a home. ASU really doesn’t want to go to big 12. What doesn’t make sense?

Do you know how to negotiate?

Reaction Score
It makes plenty of sense. By threatening to disband, it’s forcing Apple to come in w a higher bid.
Why would apple come in with a higher bid on a property that may cease to exist?

Reaction Score
It makes plenty of sense. By threatening to disband, it’s forcing Apple to come in w a higher bid.
I don't think Apple is going to get into a bidding war with FOX/NBC over Oregon/UW

Reaction Score
Spending hasn't increased beyond inflation. Expenditures go up in normal increments. Tuition has far surpassed inflation because of the huge drops in state subsidy. In fact, in California, you can compare the drop in subsidy per student to the rise in tuition almost dollar for dollar.

Universities aren't advertising this but education is absolutely eroding in this country. This is a thing that is almost universally acknowledged by people inside universities.
There are certainly some flaws in our current system but overall I think you can get a great education if you put in the time and effort.
That requires support from family, institutions and resources. Kids can come out of UConn with a world class education and unlimited opportunities but it's like everything else in life- you have to make the investment in time and effort.

Reaction Score
Depends how badly Apple needs programming. I get the sense they are just looking for a good deal with the PAC rather than NEEDING a deal with the PAC.

Reaction Score
Why would apple come in with a higher bid on a property that may cease to exist?
SMH.

Apple clearly wants to get into live sports. Fox clearly doesn’t want Apple to join. That’s what is going here. Now we get to see how much apple values college football.

Reaction Score
SMH.

Apple clearly wants to get into live sports. Fox clearly doesn’t want Apple to join. That’s what is going here. Now we get to see how much apple values college football.
So Apple is going to spend time and money building a relationship with a brand that is all but publicly exclaiming that many of its members want to jump ship? I don't see how that is good for the PAC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So Apple is going to spend time and money building a relationship with a brand that is all but publicly exclaiming that many of its members want to jump ship? I don't see how that is good for the PAC.
Seems more likely Apple will give this crew until the middle of next week to firm up as a conf or walk themselves. Does Apple really need this PAC toy thingy?

Reaction Score
That’s what you’re not getting. Most don’t want to jump ship. They want a better deal.

Reaction Score
Seems more likely Apple will give this crew until the middle of next week to firm up as a conf or walk themselves. Does Apple really need this PAC toy thingy?
If they want to get into college football they do. If they are planning some sort of joint venture w espn they do. There are many reasons why Apple is in this.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

this is the snipped from Washington’s BOR meeting tonight

Reaction Score
That’s what you’re not getting. Most don’t want to jump ship. They want a better deal.
How does threatening to break the toy you want to sell get you more money???

Reaction Score
My guess is the Arizona’s will be non committal after todays meeting. They will say something like they are ready to move if need be but are still waiting to see if pac 9 can remain. Meaning, can pac 9 get a better deal to make staying worth it. They will get ok to move but won’t say yes just yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom