Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 556 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Why leave now if all the good stuff is about to happen? This makes me very skeptical of your information!
How many more times should he answer "are you sure?" or "are you still hearing the same thing?" before you are no longer skeptical?

The info he has spoken about has not changed other than the timing stretching out

Reaction Score
Ok yeah that tracks, gotta love a single sport being valued way more than the rest, but that's sports media for you

Come On Please GIF by NBA
Georgia (who won the game) is 9th.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Baylor, TCU, Colorado and BYU are rated higher academically than Arizona, ASU, Oregon, and Utah. The TCU campus is as nice as any in the country.

It's nice and I've been by there as recently as March this year. It has a looooooonnnnnnggg way to go to being as nice as anything in the country.

Reaction Score
I don't see the appeal of Arizona. If I'm the Big 12 I grab ASU and either stop at 14 or take Utah and UConn to get to 16.
Geography, state flagship, basketball, P5, and possibly available.

Conferences don’t want to get turned down either.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are we sure this guy is key lol
I'm not. He's been all over the place having us in an out then and again then out again. It seems like he's reacting to stuff that's flying around the Twitter verse more than actually having a source.

Reaction Score
I'm not. He's been all over the place having us in an out then and again then out again. It seems like he's reacting to stuff that's flying around the Twitter verse more than actually having a source.
He has no inside info and posts often and randomly. Trying to build his followership.

Reaction Score
The boneyard has become a sequel to the usual suspects. Is GoKu keyser soze or is he someone “in the know” sending anonymous but valuable info? Who knows. Remeber this, the “greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing The Boneyard he did not exist.”

Reaction Score
Whether or not the Big 12 invite materializes, we are well-positioned for the future. With the most recent championship, the UConn brand is stronger than ever. As I’ve said before, Coach Mora is the most important person in the athletic department because perception can become reality and the current national perception of UConn football is negative. He can and will change that narrative. Not sure about the timing, but the upheaval in college athletics will work in our favor and we’ll end up in a power conference.

Reaction Score
Whether or not the Big 12 invite materializes, we are well-positioned for the future. With the most recent championship, the UConn brand is stronger than ever. As I’ve said before, Coach Mora is the most important person in the athletic department because perception can become reality and the current national perception of UConn football is negative. He can and will change that narrative. Not sure about the timing, but the upheaval in college athletics will work in our favor and we’ll end up in a power conference.
The question becomes sustainability. Eventually the music will stop and there will be no more chairs. The longer we aren't sitting comfortably the greater the chance we are left out.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Mora won't be here long term if we don't get into a P5 conference. If you read between the lines of his comments, it is readily apparent.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The question becomes sustainability. Eventually the music will stop and there will be no more chairs. The longer we aren't sitting comfortably the greater the chance we are left out.

I agree but am not worried. We are too good athletically, academically, and geographically for permanent P5 shutout. One of the following will happen:
  • We are invited to the Big XII this summer.
  • We are invited to the Big XII next year once our football team has an 8 win season this fall.
  • We are invited to the ACC to replace the schools that leave for the B1G or SEC (UNC, FSU, Clemson, GT).
We just need to keep on winning and things will work out.

Reaction Score
My best guess, is those 2 schools were vocal against signing a GOR with the Pac. They gonna turn around and sign one with the Big12? Tough to see that. The Big12 would be silly to allow themselves to be used.

Then their only option is to go independent, right?

Reaction Score
I think the issue for UCONN is sustainability. There is so much more disruption to come in conference re-alignment with the continued raid of the PAC and the eventual departures from the ACC. UCONN will eventually find a home as long as there is the collective will and funding to sustain the athletic programs in interim.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I fear the Big12 adds Arizona and stops until 2031 when the ACC GOR expires. At that point…

UVA, UNC, Washington, Oregon to Big10

Clemson, FSU, Miami, Ga Tech to SEC

Duke, Louisville, NC State, Va Tech to Big 12

Cuse, BC, Wake, Pitt join Big East and link up with OrSU, Wazzu, Utah, Cal, Stanford for football only league

Reaction Score
I agree but am not worried. We are too good athletically, academically, and geographically for permanent P5 shutout. One of the following will happen:
  • We are invited to the Big XII this summer.
  • We are invited to the Big XII next year once our football team has an 8 win season this fall.
  • We are invited to the ACC to replace the schools that leave for the B1G or SEC (UNC, FSU, Clemson, GT).
We just need to keep on winning and things will work out.
1. Fingers crossed
2. The window is open now, not next year
3. Great, will that even be considered or paid like a power confernece

Reaction Score
Here’s my question…
Are the fans ready? I get the whole ‘it’s been 10 years since we’ve had a coach and been in a position to win more than 3 games’ rationale.
But, if UConn gets into P5, especially Big 12 which is big time football schools, will fans show up? I have zero doubt winning 8-9 games and having meaningful games against ranked opponents will help.
But what happens in the early years when we’re building up.
Reading some comments from anti UConn folks I want nothing more than to show how much UConn can deliver. But it really is on the fans too.
Getting in and having 20K in the stands isn’t a good look.

Reaction Score
Here’s my question…
Are the fans ready? I get the whole ‘it’s been 10 years since we’ve had a coach and been in a position to win more than 3 games’ rationale.
But, if UConn gets into P5, especially Big 12 which is big time football schools, will fans show up? I have zero doubt winning 8-9 games and having meaningful games against ranked opponents will help.
But what happens in the early years when we’re building up.
Reading some comments from anti UConn folks I want nothing more than to show how much UConn can deliver. But it really is on the fans too.
Getting in and having 20K in the stands isn’t a good look.
If a top 10 TCU or Baylor is in town I think we’ll get a crowd lol

Reaction Score
I was wondering if the SEC might take a run at Arizona to get a foothold out west. Appears they are going to bide their time and grab what they want from the ACC once the GORs can be addressed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom