Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

-
And Rufus...

The entire state of Georgia or Pennsylvania will get the ACCN...if you have Direct TV or any other carrier that signs on with Disney (it won't be by state but by carrier).

Just like Pitt can be seen anywhere in Pennsylvania by a consumer who has Direct TV...

We will have to see what happens with upcoming carriage negotiations with Comcast and others as their contracts with Disney come due...

The ACC Network negotiations also come at a time when Disney's overall bundle of channels are up for renewal. This bodes well for the conference because Disney can entice the remaining paid television distributors with a suite of channels that would include the ACC Network. However, cable providers are notorious waiting until the 11th hour to finalize any deals with content companies.

What's missing though is that's no payout from the ACC Network yet. They get $10M a year for that starting next year.
I don't think there is any chance they get $10MM per school/yr. ESPN already owns all of the ACC content & it was recently announced that the Raycom deal will remain in place. I've not seen $10MM projected from anyone.

I think the real number will be in the $3-5MM/yr range. ACC fans who think the ACCN will throw off $100MM+ to the conference are dreaming

The Raycom deal did not "remain in place" as it once was....they now own zippo rights and are contracted by ESPN and the ACC for their production skills.

In 2019, ESPN acquired the secondary rights that were previously held by Raycom. Raycom's final syndicated coverage was the ACC Basketball tournament final.

Raycom will still serve as the ACC's digital partner and their high end production trucks will be an asset.

Raycom has been subcontracted to provide producing for some event coverage for the ACCN...they are no longer a company with media rights but a production company.

True.... that ESPN owns the ACC content....but that doesn't mean that they aren't using that content to build a ACCN, sell that ACCN, and then splitting the profits with the ACC...that is established.

The amount from ESPN to the ACC will depend on the carriage agreements.

I think the real number will be in the $3-5MM/yr range. ACC fans who think the ACCN will throw off $100MM+ to the conference are dreaming
Exactly! The ACC will never be on par with the Big Ten or SEC Networks in terms of revenue. It will do better than the PAC 12 Network, but only because of the ESPN affiliation. If it had tried to go independent like the PAC 12, I bet the ACC Network would have matched the PAC 12 Network at best.

The Big Ten and SEC will continue to further distance themselves from the rest. It will be interesting to see if the SEC can make it a back and forth battle with the Big Ten for the top spot going forward.

Exactly! The ACC will never be on par with the Big Ten or SEC Networks in terms of revenue. It will do better than the PAC 12 Network, but only because of the ESPN affiliation. If it had tried to go independent like the PAC 12, I bet the ACC Network would have matched the PAC 12 Network at best.

The Big Ten and SEC will continue to further distance themselves from the rest. It will be interesting to see if the SEC can make it a back and forth battle with the Big Ten for the top spot going forward.
Hate to say it, but the ACCN is likely to keep that conference in 3rd place for revenues well into the future. And the $10 mil figure will eventually be reached, maybe not right away, but they’ll get there.
The Big 12 and PAC 14 are the ones that need to worry. The PAC is imploding, while the OU-UT Conference is up for renewal with no network and no leverage. The two masters are looking to bolt at the first opportunity, and they’ll be 10 schools scrambling for a seat to anywhere once that happens. If the AAC plays its cards right, a long shot I know, we can be in prime position to add some teams and maybe get a good deal in the bargain.

I do not think that the ACC will ever have the revenue that the Big Ten and SEC do...it is extremely unlikely.

The ACC hasn't had the money of these two conferences for some time...

But the ACC will do OK athletically....Only twice, in all of these decades, has a conference pulled the difficult trick of being the football and basketball champions. And last year, it was the ACC.

I do not think that the ACC will ever have the revenue that the Big Ten and SEC do...it is extremely unlikely.

The ACC hasn't had the money of these two conferences for some time...

But the ACC will do OK athletically....Only twice, in all of these decades, has a conference pulled the difficult trick of being the football and basketball champions. And last year, it was the ACC.
It’s happened more than twice. The ACC did it in 2017. SEC did it in 2012. Heck Florida did it in 2007.

Actually...two conferences have done it twice...the ACC and SEC...

I phrased that wrong...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Does it though? Or at least, does it count for much? Serious question.

Let's say UL/UConn make a bowl. If UL fills the stands and UConn only fills half it's allotment, that's great for UL and all but does it mean much if the number of TV's watching at home is half that of UConn's (I don't know the exact numbers, but theoretically)? TV ad revenue could more than make up for any lost gate sales, I would think.

Of course you have a ton of other factors, but if TV is really running things, attendance doesn't really matter as long as the eyes are glued to the screens if they aren't at the park.
That’s not how TV ratings work and even if they did you are talking about 5k people.

That’s not how TV ratings work and even if they did you are talking about 5k people.
Normal brain: UConn probably would’ve have been a more attractive ACC/Power Conference candidate if it had deeper, more successful football roots and a larger, more passionate fanbase.

Galaxy brain: UConn fans should stop attending all school sporting events