Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 166 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
DanWolken 7:31pm via TweetDeck
Rough day for Oklahoma: The Red River Rivalry goes to FS1, Baker Mayfield rule shot down, Texas smacks them down on expansion.

Reaction Score
John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 50m50 minutes ago
John E. Hoover: #Big12 expansion a slow process, but may be decided this summer
Big 12 expansion a slow process, but may be decided this summer

"If Big 12 leadership split 5-5 on what seems like a common sense vote whether to allow walk-ons to transfer within the league and not lose a year of eligibility (the so-called “Baker Mayfield Rule” proposal, which was shot down), then how in the world will this conference ever come to a consensus on whether to expand — or which schools they want to expand with?

It ultimately will be Bowlsby’s job to facilitate that consensus.

“Eventually it will be,” he said. “I think in the end, it’s the decision of the chancellors and presidents. I’ve spent time over the last day and a half talking to our ADs and talking to faculty reps and senior women’s administrators about the fact that this really is a presidents and chancellors decision, and once they go back to their campuses, they’re each going to undertake their own process in all likelihood.

“That may be very inclusive and it may not be very inclusive, and there’s room for that in each campus. So I’ve encouraged them to get in front of their CEOs and provide their input, but they may use that input differently. Eventually, sometime later in the summer, I expect we’ll get together once institutions have coalesced around their choices, and then we’ll make some decisions.”

Reaction Score
A conference that wants to earn as much as the SEC, B1G and ACC should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Look, nothing is going to happen to Baylor in the long run. If Penn State didn't get the Death Penalty, Baylor certainly will not.

Furthermore, Baylor being competitive in football has absolutely nothing to do with the Big 12 getting a network. The Waco DMA is not going to make or break a future Big 12 network. What will is adding schools that increase the conference footprint and bring in more eyeballs.

Likely, but this may constitute a very serious breach of Title IX, which may place what happened at Baylor more under the NCAA's purview than what took place at Penn St.

Reaction Score
Could the Big 12 take half of the two new teams annual 23 mil for a few years and give that to Texas and use that as a piece of making them whole? I'm sure there is a way. These new teams always take haircuts when they join a new league anyway - for the first few years at least.

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 26m26 minutes ago
Just wondering: was today's Texas hard-line approach all about sending a message to Boren, who has pretty much dominated debate for months?

Thunder Dome ‏@Stormy0891 · 9m9 minutes ago  Highland, UT
@ChuckCarltonDMN I don't see other p5 schools running to join big 12, big 12 had 4 schools leave

Chuck Carlton Verified account 
‏@ChuckCarltonDMN

@Stormy0891 See story by @dennisdoddcbs. Big 12 doesn't need power five schools to make a lot of money.

Reaction Score
It will definitely be interesting to watch this whole thing play out. On the one hand, Texas doesn't have to agree to anything they don't want to do. They have leverage via their ridiculous LHN Contract that is set to overpay them handsomely for another decade. They have a branded network that spews propaganda 24/7. Why would they want to share that air time with flipping Kansas State and the rest of these little brother schools?

OTOH if I'm every school not named Texas or Oklahoma I'm doing what ever I can to force this thing through. Nothing is guaranteed at the at the end of the current Big 12 Contract up to and including if there will even be a Big 12 Conference. Should they do nothing now and watch UT and OU leave later look out. You will have 7-8 schools left high and dry and looking for memberships in The MW and AAC. It would be interesting to watch the tables turned on schools like Texas Tech or Baylor coming to Houston or SMU with hat in hand trying to join The AAC. If these schools want to survive as some sort of collective entity a decade from now, they better be ready to act in the here and now.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati vs. Big 12 candidates: Who stands out?

UC vs. Big 12 candidates: Who stands out?
UConn, by a distance larger than if Jeff Jacobs walked from the Civic Center to Lubbuck and back. On the flipside, hardly compelling, for Cincy that is. They should be worried that the metrics don't support what we already know: they are a filler and provide no intrinsic worth.

Reaction Score
Oh, you think you can threaten us?

No threat. Just saying, if you want to be in a conference with Texas, you need to be prepared.

There's a reason Nebraska, A&M, Missouri and Colorado left. UT is insufferable.

They really need to be independent, because they care far more about the good of their program than the good of the league, and will use their power & leverage accordingly.

Reaction Score
UConn, by a distance larger than if Jeff Jacobs walked from the Civic Center to Lubbuck and back. On the flipside, hardly compelling, for Cincy that is. They should be worried that the metrics don't support what we already know: they are a filler and provide no intrinsic worth.

Just curious. Is BHV and Navigate expected to provide data regarding expansion candidates? I would assume, yes, considering the B12 is spending millions for these research firms to present to them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No threat. Just saying, if you want to be in a conference with Texas, you need to be prepared.

They really need to be independent, because they care far more about the good of their program than the good of the league, and will use their power & leverage accordingly.
We prefer that fire to this frying pan. We have also shared a conference with ND.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Perrin comes off as a pompous ass. He was expressing HIS opinion. He even slipped at one point and called the conference the Big 10!! The reality on expansion does not happen until the BVH report on Friday. Then rubber has its first chance to meet road. Then let's hear the chatter afterwards.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Hard to argue

Reaction Score
Likely, but this may constitute a very serious breach of Title IX, which may place what happened at Baylor more under the NCAA's purview than what took place at Penn St.

This is a key point with the Baylor situation. The NCAA is not (voluntarily) giving Baylor the death penalty. If Hillary wins, however, Baylor's bigger risk is how the Department of Education and Justice Department Act.

Reaction Score
My source at Uconn, and by source i mean me since i last night at the new tower at Uconn Health Center, told me one of the 60 plus television stations offered is the BiG Ten Network. That is a clear sign to me we are heading to the BIG.

It could have been the Oxy and Valium too, but it is all clear as day to me. So all this Big 12 talk is a waste of time.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
My source at Uconn, and by source i mean me since i last night at the new tower at Uconn Health Center, told me one of the 60 plus television stations offered is the BiG Ten Network. That is a clear sign to me we are heading to the BIG.

It could have been the Oxy and Valium too, but it is all clear as day to me. So all this Big 12 talk is a waste of time.
Yeah BTN is included in the Frontier digital package. SECN is on Comcast FWIW.

Reaction Score
Thunder Dome ‏@Stormy0891 · 10h10 hours ago  Highland, UT
@ChuckCarltonDMN I don't see other p5 schools running to join big 12, big 12 had 4 schools leave

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 10h10 hours ago
@Stormy0891 See story by @dennisdoddcbs. Big 12 doesn't need power five schools to make a lot of money.

Chuck Carlton Verified account 
‏@ChuckCarltonDMN

@TheOleSkipper @dennisdoddcbs It's already written into the existing contract. It's not a renegotiation.

Skipper ‏@TheOleSkipper · 9h9 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN @dennisdoddcbs Pro rata for new members. U think ESPN will open up checkbook and pay more for poor options available?

Kevin Heath ‏@okieproud76 · 9h9 hours ago
@TheOleSkipper @ChuckCarltonDMN @dennisdoddcbs They don't have much of a choice if the league decides to expand thanks to contract.

Skipper ‏@TheOleSkipper · 9h9 hours ago
@okieproud76 @ChuckCarltonDMN @dennisdoddcbs I mean for existing members. OU/UT make no more contractually by expansion. ESPN won't offer $

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 5h5 hours ago
@TheOleSkipper Who says new members get anywhere close to a full share? Maybe 50 percent. Rest of money divided among existing members.

Bryan ‏@breid6791 · 3h3 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN @TheOleSkipper this is a point that @dennisdoddcbs clearly didn't get in his last article. .

Reaction Score
Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter · 23h23 hours ago
Big 12 hasn’t expanded yet, but media corps covering it has. Reporters from Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, Orlando covering Big 12 meetings

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom