Kevin Ollie Update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Update

Reaction Score
Wow, this guy is just the worst. At least Chief is funny when he trolls
Not trolling, just stating the obvious as several other posters since have. Take out taxes, payments to the X, a few k a month for housing, car payment, food and it is all gone.

Reaction Score
Not trolling, just stating the obvious as several other posters since have. Take out taxes, payments to the X, a few k a month for housing, car payment, food and it is all gone.

Yes. That is what salaries pay for. They weren't intended to be an allowance for wildin. The vast majority of people are lucky if they can cover as much as you stated with their salary.

So, I say again--you are the worst. Even moreso now that you apparently really do think that 200k is not a lot.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Yes. That is what salaries pay for. They weren't intended to be an allowance for wildin. The vast majority of people are lucky if they can cover as much as you stated with their salary.

So, I say again--you are the worst. Even moreso now that you apparently really do think that 200k is not a lot.

I mean a lot of people don’t think it’s a lot. Why you continue to single out this poster makes no sense. $200k isn’t a lot of money, sure it’s more than most but it isn’t an amount of money that means you have no worries.

pj

Reaction Score
I mean a lot of people don’t think it’s a lot. Why you continue to single out this poster makes no sense. $200k isn’t a lot of money, sure it’s more than most but it isn’t an amount of money that means you have no worries.

$200k without working? Come on. If you like reading books, walking on the beach, and listening to music, you have no worries except how to get rid of all that money piling up in your brokerage account. If you want to travel the world and hang out with Dustin Johnson and Paulina Gretzky, maybe $200k is insufficient.

Reaction Score

No worries. He is entitled to his opinion, we are all.

Reaction Score
No one is saying 200k absolves you of worries. But lets not dismiss the fact that a 200k a year pension is a decent chunk of change. Dismissing that is absurd.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No one is saying 200k absolves you of worries. But lets not dismiss the fact that a 200k a year pension is a decent chunk of change. Dismissing that is absurd.
I doubt anyone in this thread disagrees with your statement. We are going off the rails because some of the individuals were trying to make your point but their execution was poor. Where you have a slam dunk on this issue imo they clanked the rim.

polycom

Reaction Score
$200k without working? Come on. If you like reading books, walking on the beach, and listening to music, you have no worries except how to get rid of all that money piling up in your brokerage account. If you want to travel the world and hang out with Dustin Johnson and Paulina Gretzky, maybe $200k is insufficient.

It isn't 200k without working he earned that pension....it's larger than most but it's not an amount where you can buy whatever you want without worries.

Reaction Score
It isn't 200k without working he earned that pension....it's larger than most but it's not an amount where you can buy whatever you want without worries.
Technically, he contributed to that pension. Doesn't the NBA take some amount out of each paycheck to fund it?

Reaction Score
People make it seem like living in Peoria on $100k is equal to living in SF on $400k. Sure, in terms of square footage, it may be better to live in Peoria, but don't forget the equity you build while earning $400k. If your house is worth $1.25m when you retire, that's $1m more than your house would be worth in Peoria.

Reaction Score
Glastonbury has luxury condos??
Last I knew KO was spending A LOT of quality time with a main squeeze in Minneapolis and has a place there. Right now he spends time in CT out of necessity. Basically Minneapolis and some Dallas when not with the lawyers. I wasn't aware of this Glastonbury condo. That is news to me and I usually know everything. :)

Stephanie was staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Hartford for a while close to her job.

Reaction Score
First, as someone previously mentioned, NBA players do not collect pensions until age 60-62. Second, unless he paid his ex-wife a lump sum that specifically included a portion for the marital share of the pension, assuming she was married to him for most of his time in the NBA, she is entitled to 50% of that amount. The lump sum payment for $100K per year for 20-30 years (that he would collect) is not insignificant. He also may have been required to agree to a Survivor Benefit, so she could collect even after his death, if he predeceases her, which would further reduce the total $200K pension by 5-15% per year. Taking taxes into account, he will likely net far less than $200K, maybe $50-60K.

Reaction Score
What do you guys do? Stalk the whole Ollie family? Good grief.
[/QUOTE
I always delete these type of posts soon after I write them. Since Mau liked my post and I am on a life mission to catch up the the Fishy/Temery/Mau/Fluedy/Big E Mckracken/Chief like/post ratio I decided to whether the storm of impending insults and not delete (one of the BY best features).

Although my sources are 3rd party your criticisms have merit. If there was a down vote feature I would be in trouble with freescooter. :( Maybe upstater, superjohn and whaler11 would join in on the down vote action? The risk/benefit analysis used before posting is real.

pj

Reaction Score

By "$200k without working" I mean he is free to live anywhere. He isn't tied by work to, say, downtown San Francisco where houses can be upward of $2 million. He can live anywhere in the world including places where $200k/year goes a long way.

Being able to "buy whatever you want" -- if that's the criterion is anyone really rich? Can Bill Gates buy whatever he wants?

polycom

Reaction Score
By "$200k without working" I mean he is free to live anywhere. He isn't tied by work to, say, downtown San Francisco where houses can be upward of $2 million. He can live anywhere in the world including places where $200k/year goes a long way.

Being able to "buy whatever you want" -- if that's the criterion is anyone really rich? Can Bill Gates buy whatever he wants?

Yes. anything.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie should still be the coach at UCONN. you guys did the man wrong. he won a national title after all. You guys righted one wrong by going back to the Big East, now it is time to right another! Bring Ollie back to UCONN!

polycom

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie should still be the coach at UCONN. you guys did the man wrong. he won a national title after all. You guys righted one wrong by going back to the Big East, now it is time to right another! Bring Ollie back to UCONN!

Shut your mouth, enjoy the AAC and life without Cronin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom