Kevin Ollie Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Update

Reaction Score
$200k is a bunch of money but I can guarantee if you are married, have some kids and are living in certain US cities, you ain't rich. You're still balancing a check book.
True, but this is a pension. Assuming you are financially responsible, you should live comfortable on a 200k a year pension. Especially in Glastonbury or wherever KO is living these days.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This. It depends on where you live, Dubuque, IA sure you're rich. Palo Alto, CA you are average...
True, but this is a pension. Assuming you are financially responsible, you should live comfortable on a 200k a year pension. Especially in Glastonbury or wherever KO is living these days.

Which was my original point. This money is on top of what he has earned, invested and has remaining.

People with plenty more money than KO has have gone broke, but it should be easy to live a very comfortable lifestyle with what he has remaining.

Reaction Score
When things get rough, there’s always a van down by the river. Or, one of these cabins sold by Home Depot and Amazon:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The average US family income is about $62,000. $200,000 is a crapload of money to most people not only in this country, but the world. $200,000 puts you in the top 6% in the US.

If you are in a category where $200,000 is not a lot of money to you, you probably need to rethink how you post unless your Richard is really small. And then you just probably shouldn't post.

The median household income in Connecticut is 94k. In Glastonbury it’s 109k. 200k isn’t in the top quintile in most of the affulent Hartford suburbs.

Reaction Score

He's living in a luxury condo in Glastonbury these days.

Reaction Score
$200k/yr pension starting in a few years (~50 years old?). No Wall street banksters to bankrupt the fund (something the balance of us lucky enough to have a pension need to worry about).

The boneyard and Mrs. Ollie should get a piece of that. After all he won, then broke the hearts of Huskies MBB forever.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to anyone on this board, but $200k a year is not a lot of money. Especially for someone used to his previous earnings.

Wow, this guy is just the worst. At least Chief is funny when he trolls

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
$200k/yr pension starting in a few years (~50 years old?). No Wall street banksters to bankrupt the fund (something the balance of us lucky enough to have a pension need to worry about).

The boneyard and Mrs. Ollie should get a piece of that. After all he won, then broke the hearts of Huskies MBB forever.
Market returns will fluctuate but yearly under funding should be a crime. Make sure you focus your anger at those who are actually stealing from pension funds. Also, Mrs. Ollie will get hers but the boneyard will only get more agita.

Reaction Score
Any way, I'm pretty sure that's Dustin Johnson.

Couldn't be. Dustin and Austin were hanging out with me and my behotches all day and well into the night. My dude Spunkey knows how to organize some top notch entertainment. Casual partiers need not apply.

Reaction Score
If one cannot live extremely well on $200k a year, well, you know what they say: a fool and his money are soon parted.
Yeah, there are no taxes, payroll taxes, children to support, etc. You realize if you make $200K, you probably only take home about 50-60% of it, right?
Stop counting other people’s money.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This. It depends on where you live, Dubuque, IA sure you're rich. Palo Alto, CA you are average...

Palo Alto you are barely middle class. A colleague of mine (IP lawyer) and his wife (litigator) eventually moved to Seattle after bidding up to $1.5M on tiny houses that needed work and always getting outbid. They made at least twice $200k combined. Got tired of living in a one bedroom apartment and gave up.

But, Ollie certainly should have invested some of that $20M he made previously. So he shouldn't be living on just that pension.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any way, I'm pretty sure that's Dustin Johnson.
I wonder if Dustin Johnson could live on $200,000 a year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom