Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Unless there are other candidates that are not public, I suspect the pay is commiserate with the status of the candidates. In other words, while the pay will look good to mortals, the Pistons may have the lowest paid Head Coach in the NBA next season. Anyone who is anyone would demand a huge contract to jump off that cliff in Detroit, yet the Pistons are talking to Ollie and two assistants I had never heard of. Tells us all we need to know.
A bit above your pay level
Tells us all we need to know

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I would consider coaching a team of Boneyarders in the NBA if I could be an NBA Head Coach for a month. But that’s me. If I was actually in the mix for coaching jobs, I wouldn’t even consider that Pistons job unless I was given a mountain of money and 6 years guaranteed.
Dont hold your breath for the phone call
Even the Pistons are looking for folks with some basketball knowledge;):p

Reaction Score
This story from the Detroit Free Press is pretty complimentary, especially the remarks from Kevin Durant about how Ollie changed the culture of OKC and impacted him, Westbrook and Harden in a very positive way:

Reaction Score
No NBA head coaching experience plus a dumpster fire of an organization seems like a strange mix.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
This story from the Detroit Free Press is pretty complimentary, especially the remarks from Kevin Durant about how Ollie changed the culture of OKC and impacted him, Westbrook and Harden in a very positive way:

This was all the stuff we knew that made us think he would be at UConn forever, or at least until the Lakers hired him away.

A lot happened in those intervening years, though

Reaction Score
Good luck KO
ROOTING FOR YOU
Kevin would be a quality college or NBA Coach
obviously he is still well respected in the basketball community or he wouldn’t have gotten the ELITE job or consideration for this position
think it’s unfair for so many to kick a guy about being down during a tough Personal time in their lives
DIVORCE SUCKS, I am sure my business career and personal life decisions were negatively affected during mine

Kevin has always been the ultimate underdog who overcame great odds to achieve levels of success only he thought he could.
Dude is a fighter who will work against all odds to beat them and have great success again, NO DOUBT

SORRY couldn’t bite my tongue on this any longer
yeah I got his back and always will
Agree everyone deserves a second chance I will never forget what Kevin has done for UConn. People make mistakes we move on.

Reaction Score
Caron has gotta get a HC job soon always seeing him talking with Spoelstra.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Cade, Ivey, a good group of bigs to work with. Hope he makes something of it. They’re young but very talented.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lee nuked his candidacy with the Bucks’ collapse.

Edit: Are the Bucks promoting Lee to HC? If the Bucks do something that crazy, no one is going to notice what the Pistons do.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
BOL Kevin, wishing you all the best

Looks like he's grounded again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors