Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Makes a lot more sense to me than a HC job right now. He gets time to rehab his image a bit in a competitive coaching environment. Hopefully he’s back to where he was before everything turned sour and can turn this into a HC job in the future.
Agreed- putting the work & effort in to climb back up the ladder….

Reaction Score
Makes a lot more sense to me than a HC job right now. He gets time to rehab his image a bit in a competitive coaching environment. Hopefully he’s back to where he was before everything turned sour and can turn this into a HC job in the future.
His image only needs to be rehab with a sect of bitter Husky Fans. His image beyond that group is already good.

Reaction Score
Lol he got the job and the first thing you thought was I don’t think ollie is going to put effort into recruiting? Tell me what gave you this inkling???
I didn’t say he wouldn’t put the effort in. I thought he wouldn’t be able to recruit like Calhoun. I wanted an established coach/recruiter. Turns out if I had thought about his effort I would have been right.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I didn’t say he wouldn’t put the effort in. I thought he wouldn’t be able to recruit like Calhoun. I wanted an established coach/recruiter. Turns out if I had thought about his effort I would have been right.
Yeah it’s not like he landed a top 10 recruiting class or anything.

Reaction Score
His image only needs to be rehab with a sect of bitter Husky Fans. His image beyond that group is already good.
I’m not a super bitter Husky fan and hope Ollie does well but if you think NBA folks weren’t at all concerned over how his UConn tenure ended (nothing to do with the lawsuit), you’re delusional.

Reaction Score
I’m not a super bitter Husky fan and hope Ollie does well but if you think NBA folks weren’t at all concerned over how his UConn tenure ended (nothing to do with the lawsuit), you’re delusional.
He doesn't get the OE job if the NBA was that concerned. He doesn't get the Piston interview or this job if his image still needed to be rehabilitated. No delusions on this side.

Reaction Score
He doesn't get the OE job if the NBA was that concerned. He doesn't get the Piston interview or this job if his image still needed to be rehabilitated. No delusions on this side.
Both things can be true.

Reaction Score
I haven't been an Ollie fan in a long time and know he only got interviewed bccause of his friend on Detrioit. The dude burned most of his bridges in how he handled the UCONN situation. He really is going to have a hard time ever being a serious head coach especially in the NBA.

Reaction Score
He doesn't get the OE job if the NBA was that concerned.
I think he settled for the OE job for EXACTLY that reason. I’m not surprised he landed an assistant gig though and he now gets the chance to prove the end of his UConn tenure was a hiccup that he’s moved on from and is back to being beginning of UConn Ollie.

Reaction Score
Fluke title run? Can you please explain?

Some of you act like winning a natty is easy.

Go ahead and dislike the guy for how his tenure ended but stop with the stupid takes. His first two seasons as head coach were pretty special.
Yeah. If he helps in getting boat bazz or vital to Brooklyn can we move on?

Reaction Score
The Ollie supporters can cry me a river. There’d be no argument in the first place if he kept doing his job. Why we’re supposed to support the guy when hes the reason our program fell in a ditch, nobody has ever explained. He couldn’t even hold a relationship with the guy who forced him on us, and thought he was above seeking his council after one fluke title run. The man is a joke, and naturally Detroit learned that after doing some more digging.

Fluke title run? Wow the post was fine, your opinion on things is what it is after all, until those moronic 3 words. Went from fine to very lame in an instant. Wow w t f

Reaction Score

Perfect that you got a laugh from one of the posters who’s literally been wrong about every single aspect of the Ollie saga. Peak Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s not like he landed a top 10 recruiting class or anything.
Yeah I was wrong. I didn’t think he would win a title either. That was still my first thought though. I’m glad you were so confident. My fandom of course expects top 5 classes every year. Unfortunately I’ve heard he wasn’t trying much on the recruiting trail towards the end of his tenure. I wouldn’t know other than what I’ve read.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Most of Boneyard thinks Kevin Ollie is the worst basketball coach in the history of basketball coaches. But now a team in the NBA, at the very highest level of basketball in the entire world, has hired Kevin Ollie as an assistant coach. Someone is wrong.

Reaction Score
Most of Boneyard thinks Kevin Ollie is the worst person in world history. But now a team in the NBA, at the very highest level of basketball in the entire world, has hired Kevin Ollie as an assistant coach. Someone is wrong.

Reaction Score
Most of Boneyard thinks Kevin Ollie is the worst basketball coach in the history of basketball coaches. But now a team in the NBA, at the very highest level of basketball in the entire world, has hired Kevin Ollie as an assistant coach. Someone is wrong.
He sucked at the program management that comes along with being a head college coach.

I’m sure he can be a solid NBA assistant, but that comes with completely different responsibilities.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what is worse, the people who complain about Ollie all the time or you who comes to his defense with every Ollie negative post.

Reaction Score
I realize that the near-term money won’t be nearly as good, but this job with Brooklyn may be a better NBA coaching career path for KO rather than a flameout in Detroit. The Pistons organization is highly challenged at this point.

Reaction Score

Imagine pretending that major sports teams don't regularly make hiring mistakes due to nepotism or pure incompetence. Getting hired on staff for a sports team is literally a who you know, not what you know, endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom