Kevin Ollie is still screwed | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie is still screwed

C

Chief00

Saul would have ended this in a few days. “Kevin you idiot, you broke the contract and can still walk away with a couple of million. Take the deal and forget your pride. Go to the NBA and start earning again.”

Saul knows when you cash out. Kevin is either a terrible client ignoring advice or has terrible lawyers giving him bad advice. One of those two things is true.

I agree. So sad.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I live in Glastonbury where he lives (or lived, I'm not sure if he's still here). I didn't know him...he surely didn't know my name...but in maybe five or six interactions with/around him, he seemed like such a class act. Example one...his son worked at a supermarket and more than once, I'd see the kid out sweeping the parking lot. I don't know the backstory, but obviously in one form or another there was a work ethic and a respect for the dollar passed along because the kid didn't need to be out there making $10/hour or whatever.

Example two, another kid of his had an injured ankle/foot and missed the rest of the soccer season. Ollie STILL showed up for at least some of those games and cheered the team on as if his kid was on the field.

Went out of his way at least twice to walk by and tap my then 7 or 8 yo son on the head as he walked by...giving my son a thrill.

Just a shame...don't understand his approach to this.

I'm no KO apologist but it makes me sad how many stones are being thrown at a man who was a warrior as a player and coached us to #4. He's hit some hard times and has made some horrible decisions. But he's still family. Lord knows where I'd be today if those closest hadn't believed in me. I see all sides of this saga but hope we can find a way to prop him up instead of tearing him down. He's a good man.

1588899432358.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He lives in the Tannery? Seriously? Those aren't bad places, but not exactly where somebody with multi millions of dollars stashed would live. It's more like a first apartment out of college or a divorced dude making $150k a year would live.
Correct. Nice place though for a single man.

Reaction Score
Yes I am wise ass, as I said I was not aware he was graduating. I only heard he was transferring to WState, I also sort of framed it as a question, but thanks for your answer in typical backhanded fashion.

You deserve nothing but backhanded replies you’re a captain obvious . Try adding some basketball knowledge to this place on occasion. Oh that’s right I’ve seen you in the Chat Room you don’t have any of that do you? GFY lol

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
No doubt about it. I always thought UConn could have beaten every team in that tourney except UCLA. Edney doesn’t go coast to coast in the Sweet 16 we probably have 5 banners.
Yeah....and if Laettner doesn't hit that double pump...ahhh I don't even want to think about it.
F Duke

C

Chief00

I'm no KO apologist but it makes me sad how many stones are being thrown at a man who was a warrior as a player and coached us to #4. He's hit some hard times and has made some horrible decisions. But he's still family. Lord knows where I'd be today if those closest hadn't believed in me. I see all sides of this saga but hope we can find a way to prop him up instead of tearing him down. He's a good man.

View attachment 54053

KO’s proxies (attorneys) have thrown a few stones in every direction you can imagine. In some way, he approves that and needs to take responsibility for the mess he created. While it’s nice he poised in photos with kids, others could post about his flip side. I hope they don’t, since it would serve no purpose, but any anointing of KO into sainthood is an overreach. I say that wanting the best for him, but I guarantee that best won’t happen while this case is ongoing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You deserve nothing but backhanded replies you’re a captain obvious . Try adding some basketball knowledge to this place on occasion. Oh that’s right I’ve seen you in the Chat Room you don’t have any of that do you? GFY lol
ESAD

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He lives in the Tannery? Seriously? Those aren't bad places, but not exactly where somebody with multi millions of dollars stashed would live. It's more like a first apartment out of college or a divorced dude making $150k a year would live.
I wasn’t paying $1400 a month for a studio right after college but more power to you.

Reaction Score
KO’s proxies (attorneys) have thrown a few stones in every direction you can imagine. In some way, he approves that and needs to take responsibility for the mess he created. While it’s nice he poised in photos with kids, others could post about his flip side. I hope they don’t, since it would serve no purpose, but any anointing of KO into sainthood is an overreach. I say that wanting the best for him, but I guarantee that best won’t happen while this case is ongoing.

I mean, Sandusky posed in photos with kids

Reaction Score
Is losing the NCAA appeal, despite the meaningless rhetoric in the attorney’s statement today - a moment for Team KO to huddle up, take stock and ask how do we extricate ourselves from this house of cards? They must have thought this appeal was important - because with the ruling - UConn couldn’t have employed KO as coach if they wanted to. As I said, based on information, schools hand out punishments all the time prior to the NCAA final rulings - in fact they are encourage to preemptively sanction themselves.
This was nothing more than due diligence-a formality.

Reaction Score
Are we allowed to openly talk about the rumors from the post divorce Ollie years yet?

I have nothing. He's got a good reputation in Glastonbury and as I alluded to earlier in the thread, in my casual interactions and observations, he's come off as nothing but a class act. Obviously the lawsuit and all that goes with it is disappointing to many, including me, but in terms of personal conduct, I have neither seen nor heard anything negative...rumors always fly about virtually any sports public figure but for him, I've heard nothing. Taylor Rook stuff during a game was odd though, no doubt..but could just be bad optics more than anything really off.

C

Chief00

This was nothing more than due diligence-a formality.
I think it basically disqualifies the basis of KO’s case - UConn did not deprive him of $10 million - he couldn’t coach for 3 years. Do you think the duration is a coincidence? He earns around 10 million in 3 years per contract if he did not violate it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How many times have the same people spiked the ball on the Ollie case?

Reaction Score
I think it basically disqualifies the basis of KO’s case - UConn did not deprive him of $10 million - he couldn’t coach for 3 years. Do you think the duration is a coincidence? He earns around 10 million in 3 years per contract if he did not violate it.
No. I think they are reaching. They have a master plan-1st discredit GM(whom I believe is the source for his firing and the NCAA investigation). That is step one-then goo after the school and NCAA based on that-they have proven they are in this for the long haul. I am NOT saying it is the best approach or not. My legal experience is pretty minimal. But that is me connecting the dots.

Reaction Score
Is it me or at this point does anyone else think his lawyers just want $ and will continue to push this as far as they possibly can so they can keep getting paid?
That's it and it's sad for him because they are going to milk him forever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom