Kevin Ollie congratulates his alma mater | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie congratulates his alma mater

Reaction Score
I that’s because the sad period began after the national championship. By all reports KO was fine in the 2012-2013 and 2013–2014.

He could go along way toward redeem himself by recanting the allegations of racism and his smears of Jim Calhoun. I won’t hold my breath though. He traded his relationship with the school for $11 million. I won’t say it was a bad decision. That’s a choice said a lot of people might make. But, again, choices have consequences.
If Ollie showed up to a game with Jim Calhoun he’d get a standing ovation. I’m not sure Calhoun is interested though

Reaction Score
Everything that happened led to today. And I think we can all say we are happy with where we are now.

So I have no ill will. And he did bring us #4.

It's all love at this point!

Reaction Score
Ollie also had some incredible bad luck with injuries, players leaving early and stuck in that god awful conference.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Ollie showed up to a game with Jim Calhoun he’d get a standing ovation. I’m not sure Calhoun is interested though
The better question is, what reaction would you get if you came alone. I doubt we’ll find out, at least in the foreseeable future.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I am just happy that it was settled. Too bad it took a court of law, but family is family. You forgive and move on. KO represented everything you would want in a leader. We just saw a small part of the person. Just think, he is following a legend, the team is no longer in the big East and the pressure of winning a chip in the first year a team he coached was eligible. The hardest part of reaching the pinnacle is staying there. Recruiting while we were in a mid major league had to be a nightmare. IMO there needs to be some type if public reconciliation it would be good for all involved. They only if is I wonder how Hurley feels about him being recognized. He did have to deal with the remnants of that part of the schools history. He certainly has earned the right to have a say…..

Reaction Score
The better question is, what reaction would you get if you came alone. I doubt we’ll find out, at least in the foreseeable future.
I think the reception would be much better than many anticipate. People tend to be much nicer and gracious in person than they are on the internet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the reception would be much better than many anticipate. People tend to be much nicer and gracious in person than they are on the internet.
In person, yes, usually. In large anonymous groups, often not. in any event, I doubt he’s coming in the foreseeable future. It’s probably for the best.

Reaction Score
The transfers that happened either 2016 or 2017. Durham, Enoch, Jackson, etc... (cant remember others)

And those guys were starters, and had to sit a year. Something has to be rotten for that many transfers with those circumstances.

The whole NCAA is rotten now then no one is loyal they all leave good coaches.

Reaction Score
KO will always be UConn family and there will be chances for reconciliation, but I'm assuming that KO needs to want that at some point. He clearly spiraled downward after 2014 and I'm sure people tried to help him, including JC but sometimes things don't work out how we want them to when we want them to. There is no need to rehash the past. It is what it is. These relationships are damaged, but I doubt they are permanently lost.

It's also pretty weird that such a sad period also includes a national championship.
You're probably correct with some offering help but the AAC was just not for Uconn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom