Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement

Reaction Score
It's KFree
I think it’s K Free too based on conversations with other people who follow this stuff. I see his ability to coach bigs and bring former players back into the fold as the deciding factors. I don’t see us struggling to recruit regardless, our brand is cool again. Just wish we had a real solid DMV connect.
I would be shocked. It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Reaction Score
You don't need to be a big to coach bigs. Instructional coaching can be learned.
I don’t doubt this at all. Has anybody on our staff ever been the designated bigs coach? I’m legitimately wondering.

Reaction Score
Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting. That is all its about. Can you name one player recruited ever by KFree? If he wasn't an alum, the boneyard would be in total meltdown over this hire.
Yes I can name an excellent player - See Post #146 in this thread. Elijah Hutchins-Everett who will be a force in the paint for Penn State. Kofi isn't going to power thru this guy easily.

Reaction Score
It always makes sense after the announcement and all the links are connected.
Unless we offered a bunch of other people the job and they all turned us down, no, it will not make sense that we hired KFree.

Reaction Score
It's wild to me how strong some of y'all feel about who possibly might be the hire. Claiming that one guy will be an unmitigated disaster before he's ever even gotten an opportunity.

I understand that people are still hurting because of the fallout from a different alum coach. But seriously, give the guy a break. You have zero idea if he will be up for the job.

Why can't people just accept that they are not the coach. You don't have to praise every decision DH makes, but we can all hope for best regardless of who he hires.

Reaction Score
I don’t doubt this at all. Has anybody on our staff ever been the designated bigs coach? I’m legitimately wondering.
Not part of their title like in football with "RB coach or defensive coordinator" but it is generally known who works more with bigs and who works more with backcourt. It's not rocket science though. A good coach can coach everybody. Clyde Vaughn for example was well known in his day for working with the bigs and coaching them up real good. When he recruited though, he recruited all positions and his knowlede certainly wasn't just limited to coaching bigs

Reaction Score
It's wild to me how strong some of y'all feel about who possibly might be the hire. Claiming that one guy will be an unmitigated disaster before he's ever even gotten an opportunity.

I understand that people are still hurting because of the fallout from a different alum coach. But seriously, give the guy a break. You have zero idea if he will be up for the job.

Why can't people just accept that they are not the coach. You don't have to praise every decision DH makes, but we can all hope for best regardless of who he hires.

A fair take. I get why people want a sure thing hire but Kevin is a successful, hardworking guy. I think he will get somewhere in coaching, so I can live with the hire. He’s affable and aggressive.

Reaction Score

Freeman and Kimani on the same interview is interesting. Or could be nothing

to be honest he sounds very impressive and might have had a lot of good experience from Penn State

Reaction Score
to be honest he sounds very impressive and might have had a lot of good experience from Penn State

His PSU experience is limited to two seasons. He's coached under Pat Chambers, whose tenure at PSU has been very mediocre so I don't know how much meaningful experience he got there.

Reaction Score
Yes I can name an excellent player - See Post #146 in this thread. Elijah Hutchins-Everett who will be a force in the paint for Penn State. Kofi isn't going to power thru this guy easily.
Ok, 1.

Reaction Score
His PSU experience is limited to two seasons. He's coached under Pat Chambers, whose tenure at PSU has been very mediocre so I don't know how much meaningful experience he got there.

This is a wildly wrong read on Chambers. He's a very good coach in a tough job, and statistically he's produced three of the four best PSU teams ever over the last three seasons. If Wright leaves Nova for the NBA, Chambers is a guy they'll take a long look at.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He signed with a team overseas late last year, not sure if he's still with them. And he was a great player and is still super smart. Not sure if those things check off the majority of the boxes in the job description posting.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I can’t tell if this is serious or tongue in cheek but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s sarcasm
Of people i would put my money on figuring it out coaching big men and recruiting without formal coaching experience, he'd be pretty high up there. No sarcasm

Reaction Score
I can’t tell if this is serious or tongue in cheek but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s sarcasm
I skimmed through this thread quickly, but has anybody brought up Clyde Vaughan as a potential candidate? He was a great big man coach when he was here.

Reaction Score
I skimmed through this thread quickly, but has anybody brought up Clyde Vaughan as a potential candidate? He was a great big man coach when he was here.
He's been out of coaching for a very long time.

Reaction Score
Kevin Freeman will be fine. He has experience at Penn State and will stay long term at UCONN.

Any smart and good head coach will value loyalty. As long as Hurley is the head coach, we will be fine. A really good head coach or leader elevates other guys.

PS: people on here were excited with Coach Chill and Kill as being killer recruiters. How’d did they do under Ollie? Not good. Can we judge strictly on that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom