Kenpom Climb Watch | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kenpom Climb Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Haven’t felt this good about our team entering conference play in at least 4 years. Primarily because Akok is a total game changer defensively teams can’t put up anything around the basket with him in the game. With the 3 point line moved back and our improved perimeter D teams are going to have to make mid-range shots against us. I don’t trust the talent level in conference to be able to do that consistently. It’s also really hard to game plan for us. We can go inside with Carlton, we can go outside with Polley/Akok/Bouk, we have 6-7 different players who can be our go to guys on any given night, no one in conference can replicate Akok in prep. Buffalo and Miami are probably in line with what we’ll see from the middle of the conference and we handled those games very well. Excited to give it a go I think we have a real shot at a 12-6 type year in conference.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Haven’t felt this good about a team entering conference play in at least 4 years. Primarily because Akok is a total game changer defensively teams can’t put up anything around the basket with him in the game. With the 3 point line moved back and our improved perimeter D teams are going to have to make mid-range shots against us. I don’t trust the talent level in conference to be able to do that consistently. It’s also really hard to game plan for us. We can go inside with Carlton, we can go outside with Polley/Akok/Bouk, no one in conference can replicate Akok in prep. Buffalo and Miami are probably in line with what we’ll see from the middle of the conference and we handled those games very well. Excited to give it a go I think we have a real shot at a 12-6, 13-7 type year in conference.

What I like about Akok is he sets a tone right from the start. When the 10 best players are on the floor and fresh at the start of the game, he is able to effect the game. And that is in the head of the opposition for the rest of the game. It's one thing for a team to see film and prepare for it, it's another thing when he erases a shot or sprints down the court in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom