Kenpom Climb Watch

-
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
494
Likes
898
Sweet relief to finally see this program turning around. This team has gotten better by leaps and bounds every game. If it weren’t for a Bouknight off court mishap our record might even be a win or two closer to 6-0.
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2018
Messages
602
Likes
654
57? After giving away Xavier game and pounding Miami ? I wudda thought at least top 40
 

4in16

uses the force
Joined
Oct 30, 2014
Messages
1,936
Likes
2,181
It's still too early in the season to jump like that in kenpom. We started to low based on last year I believe.
 
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
4,064
Likes
2,638
57 after today’s win. 10 positions up.
To me, I was talking to my boss about it today at work, with a win over Florida, a 2OT loss by one point to 18 ranked (and undefeated) Xavier how does this team not climb higher? The unwatchable loss to St. Joe's doesn't help no doubt, but its forgotten about at this point. They looked like a completely different team against Florida and in Charleston. We've got something to cheer about and be proud of again folks!
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2018
Messages
602
Likes
654
You're not going to jump that many each game, especially since we were already in the 60/70s. Need more possessions for a greater sample size.
Ok I’ll retract. There’s no way there’s 56 teams better than us. Especially from what I saw Friday night and tiday with everyone playing thier roles, JB becoming a star, us being 10 deep and out guards playing controlled. We re deff top 25-30 to me. I get the Kenpom tho.
 
Joined
Oct 7, 2011
Messages
1,911
Likes
2,699
Sweet relief to finally see this program turning around. This team has gotten better by leaps and bounds every game. If it weren’t for a Bouknight off court mishap our record might even be a win or two closer to 6-0.
Not to be a , but at 4-2, aren’t we already 2 games away from being 6-0?? :)
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
3,866
Likes
2,660
The sweet spot for offensive efficiency is 30. If you crack top 30 the odds go up exponentially that you can make a Final 4 run. History dictates that per KP. UConn 13-14 was the only real anomaly.
 

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Joined
Aug 24, 2011
Messages
7,983
Likes
9,438
The 2018 numbers will slowly filter out and they'll rise more. Houston still above them based on last year. So far, Houston looks worse than us.
 
Joined
Dec 28, 2018
Messages
606
Likes
614
Can’t wait to see how we are regarded by the AP poll voters after this weekend
 

fleudslipcon

We are UConn!! 4>>>1
Joined
Aug 24, 2011
Messages
13,645
Likes
14,312
Kenpom wise, I’m not sure. But resume wise we want florida to be a great win.
Florida. We need Florida to play well the rest of the season so that win against them will be a very good win. Xavier can survive one loss
What I thought and given there were three Florida fans behind us pulling for UConn against X rated and were genuinely interested in our team I was planning on rooting for Florida.
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
877
Likes
2,554
What I thought and given there were three Florida fans behind us pulling for UConn against X rated and were genuinely interested in our team I was planning on rooting for Florida.
What a fun tournament this was to be at. Even though we lost the Xavier game it was an awesome atmosphere, and I actually felt pretty good leaving the game. Can’t beat that seating for $20 a game.
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
163
Likes
504
It's WAY too early still to read into KenPom and what it says (honestly not reliable until mid-Jan when it's purely the current season data) but I did discover:

Memphis current AAC projection: 14-4
Houston current AAC projection: 14-4
Cincy current AAC projection: 14-4

UConn current AAC projection: 15-3

By projections, I mean games where we have 50.1%+ chance of winning. KenPom actually has us going 11-7 for accounting for games when that 49.9% and up hits.

It has us only losing at Cincy, at Houston and at Memphis (along with losing vs Indiana at MSG and at Nova).

At this point, I don't think I'll settle for 11-7, but I think 13-5 is my new goal.
 
Top