OT: - Keney Golf | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Keney Golf

Reaction Score
I've driven off enough courses because of slow rounds. Speaking of Topstone we played a gem of a 3 hour front 9 last week as well.
Yeah, it can be brutal. I like Timberlin, but it can get packed too. A few weeks ago, we got stuck behind two young kids who were WALKING. A lot of the blame lays with the courses, as much as the bad, slow players.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it can be brutal. I like Timberlin, but it can get packed too. A few weeks ago, we got stuck behind two young kids who were WALKING. A lot of the blame lays with the courses, as much as the bad, slow players.

Not enough rangers around. And even they hesitate to inform the group others behind them are frustrated with their slow play. They don't realize you will lose more players than the foursome who are slow by allowing it to end at 5-5 1/2 hours. It is that simple. We've called the pro shop plenty of time to send a ranger out, rarely do they work them hard enough to impact the timing. When it comes to leaving it to me (us) it's not always pretty I will say something given the extreme lack of car. in front of me. I know you could never imagine that LOL,

Reaction Score
Topstones greens aren't good right now? They do have their periods of that every year no doubt. I love Wintonbury as well and think it's the best around Northern CT to me in WesMass along with the Ranch. Still has the edge over the Ranch too. The difference in play for Wintonbury vs Gillette is simply the $47 green fee which is a wonderful number for a course like these. Many of my buddies have this weak argument that 1-4 and 10-13 are too alike at Wintonbury. There's no doubt they are similar but they are very good holes so who cares, and they have differences in them without a doubt anyway. Good news is they are 69 weekdays 79 weekends and that means less play than Gillette. Bad news is they 69 and 79!:eek:
Yeah, those identical holes (2-11) don’t make me say “great layout”. Played Wintonbury before they had a clubhouse, went back 15 years later and they knew the last time I was there. Hope they didn’t have any pictures of me taking a leak in the woods.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom