OT: - Keney Golf | The Boneyard

OT: Keney Golf

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What a turnaround. Hosting national level tournaments. Some 17 year old shot 60 yesterday in a PGA Junior National. I’m not too surprised. The course is in great shape but I think over all a little easier than the pre-upgrade. And it plays short for long drivers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What a turnaround. Hosting national level tournaments. Some 17 year old shot 60 yesterday in a PGA Junior National. I’m not too surprised. The course is in great shape but I think over all a little easier than the pre-upgrade. And it plays short for long drivers.

Nice bump for the course.

Not impressed with the slackers playing the course. It takes them 18 holes to shoot 60. I can do that in 14 holes no problem.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice bump for the course.

Not impressed with the slackers playing the course. It takes them 18 holes to shoot 60. I can do that in 14 holes no problem.
I’m obviously way better than you. I can come close to 60 in 9 or 10 holes. My golf nut buddy and I played 18 at Tunxis yesterday in the miserable heat. We virtually had the place to ourselves and played 18 in 3 hours. Actually drove and putted really well for an old sucker, in between not much to write home about.

On the subject of Keney, I have a doctor here in the New Haven area who goes up to Keney 3 or 4 times a year because he likes the new course so much, and he belongs to a private club. I haven’t played there this year but will later this month.

Reaction Score
And here it is. The annual group of cheapskates who'll talk about what a "great layout" it has.

Reaction Score
Wonder if they found anymore dead bodies in there.

Joking aside, it looks like a great track from the reviews. Hopefully I'll have more than a day in CT next time I'm out there.

Reaction Score
Suzy Whaley had a lot of influence there.

Reaction Score
I’m obviously way better than you. I can come close to 60 in 9 or 10 holes. My golf nut buddy and I played 18 at Tunxis yesterday in the miserable heat. We virtually had the place to ourselves and played 18 in 3 hours. Actually drove and putted really well for an old sucker, in between not much to write home about.

On the subject of Keney, I have a doctor here in the New Haven area who goes up to Keney 3 or 4 times a year because he likes the new course so much, and he belongs to a private club. I haven’t played there this year but will later this month.

Yeah but can you do this while drinking a 12 pack?!

Reaction Score
And here it is. The annual group of cheapskates who'll talk about what a "great layout" it has.
So what it is then... would love to hear this (yes I know you’ve been a long time hater)

Reaction Score
Was really nice a LONG time ago. A zoo and horse back riding even. (giving away my age I suppose) ..Crime crept in. Got a bit dangerous to go there. Glad to hear it’s doing well, as it was always a nice course to play.

Reaction Score
Was really nice a LONG time ago. A zoo and horse back riding even. (giving away my age I suppose) ..Crime crept in. Got a bit dangerous to go there. Glad to hear it’s doing well, as it was always a nice course to play.

Got a bit dangerous to go there? Really? You must just be scared of city life.

Reaction Score
The problem is I don’t drink on the course anymore so my clear conscience keeps me from using the eraser on my pencil. Lack of alcohol is a real handicap.

Need to drink on the course if you can, it creates fantastic rhythm ;)

74 yesterday 2 birds should've had 5-6 ... cocktail to start wipes out the nerves, couple of beers and a shot of McGullicudys (fantastic cart girl she did one with us, she's a coach of women hoop at Caretlon College played up until 2017 at Western Conn all NE guard. Long legs cute as hell and fun, Emily if you play at Winnapaug in Westerly). that was the front 9 then a couple of 9% lemonades from RI and another McGullicudys with her and the other 3 guys. And a Tito's/Tonic. Keeps it fun LOL

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
There used to be a treat serving meals at Beaver River CC. in RI. No longer there. The post round brew is much diminished.

I shoot 74 every time I play, usually by the 15th hole.

Reaction Score

74 yesterday 2 birds should've had 5-6 ... cocktail to start wipes out the nerves, couple of beers and a shot of McGullicudys (fantastic cart girl she did one with us, she's a coach of women hoop at Caretlon College played up until 2017 at Western Conn all NE guard. Long legs cute as hell and fun, Emily if you play at Winnapaug in Westerly). that was the front 9 then a couple of 9% lemonades from RI and another McGullicudys with her and the other 3 guys. And a Tito's/Tonic. Keeps it fun LOL

Emily needs to stock up on the Rebel Yell.

Reaction Score
There used to be a treat serving meals at Beaver River CC. in RI. No longer there. The post round brew is much diminished.

Nice course it's in real nice shape as we speak. Meadowbrook the best of the courses near URI but there are a few within 20 minutes of each other.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice course it's in real nice shape as we speak. Meadowbrook the best of the courses near URI but there are a few within 20 minutes of each other.
I’ve played both and a few others in RI. I have a friend who lives near Boston so RI is more or less halfway for both of us. Sometimes Connecticut National. We like both Meadowbrook and Beaver River and they are just 5 minutes or so apart.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

piker. I always shoot in the 70s. if it's any colder, I don't play.

Reaction Score
I’ve played both and a few others in RI. I have a friend who lives near Boston so RI is more or less halfway for both of us. Sometimes Connecticut National. We like both Meadowbrook and Beaver River and they are just 5 minutes or so apart.

Love CT National also. Richmond CC and Fenner also good tracks in Richmond / Hope Valley area.

Reaction Score

You’d be a +4 without the alcohol. But where’s the fun in that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom