OT: - Keney Golf | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Keney Golf

Reaction Score
No. It’s your opinion against mine. Not fact based. My view means just as much, internet tough guy.
This guy just joined the board or came back under a new name. He has to be playing a character, he can’t really be this much of an obnoxious rectum.

Reaction Score
Rockledge, Topstone and Quarry Ridge are not "even remotely" in the same class as Keney, Fairview and Timberlin? Hialrious to throw Timberline and Keney in with Fairview because neither are remotely close to Fairview in condition, price or lay out. Timberlin isn't as good as Topstone ever, Quarry usually although they have struggled keeping their tees in good condition. Rockledge, Timberlin and Keney are all kind of in the same class, decent public courses although not special in too many ways. Topstone front 9 is a little too much back and forth, back 9 is solid but nonetheless always in very good shape and drier than all courses after rain hits the area. In all reality many of these are similar public courses with your own preference being the end result. To call them not even remotely close makes me wonder what you know about golf quite honestly.
I’ve been enjoying Timberlin recently. It’s not the greatest course but it’s fun and in good condition overall. Also, Indian Springs in Middlefield is a fun little 9 hole course. Some courses are just fun and force a little creativity without being maddeningly penal on an errant shot.

Reaction Score
Not 150 Deep or close but over the years all of these multiple times. My ranking:

1) Fairview not close
2) Topstone
3) Simsbury Farms
4) Keney
5) Rockledge
6) Timberlin

Mind you, after Topstone it becomes close to a toss up on the last 4.
Fairview is most expensive anyway. Probably by far.

Reaction Score
Fairview is most expensive anyway. Probably by far.

Yeah but depends on what you want. It’s the best of them all easily in most ways too and when you look at the prices in comparison rather pay the $63. Topstone, Sim Farms and Rockledge all 55-69 while Timberlin 60 and Keney 62 arent close considering the very slight difference. Having said that you will find all of the other courses except Fairview to have good prices available in spring and fall but that at Fairview never lowers his week or weekend prices while open 63/67.

Reaction Score
This guy just joined the board or came back under a new name. He has to be playing a character, he can’t really be this much of an obnoxious rectum.

Most on here would qualify as a rectum. It is enjoyable seeing deepster get a taste of his own medicine :)

it’s ok to disagree, but actually provide an argument outside of its in a crappy area and I miss right every time and there’s too many trees on the right.

Reaction Score
@tentoes4rings maybe you should see his first reply to others before mine, it’s the same bs schtick every time from this guy. Maybe a little over combative, fair enough, but as he alluded to himself, he goes through this routine anytime there’s a mention of Hartford and/or Keney

see page 1

Reaction Score
Most on here would qualify as a rectum. It is enjoyable seeing deepster get a taste of his own medicine :)

it’s ok to disagree, but actually provide an argument outside of its in a crappy area and I miss right every time and there’s too many trees on the right.

Is it okay to disagree? Anytime anyone does it with you, you tell them how dumb they are.

Reaction Score
Is it okay to disagree? Anytime anyone does it with you, you tell them how dumb they are.
Pretty sure this all started when you said anyone who likes the course is a cheapskate...the thread was started positively and morphed from there.

tentoesin or whatever misread what I wrote, I never called Keney cheap. I merely said that anything below $50 is likely a dog track, which everyone has pretty much agreed to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty sure this all started when you said anyone who likes the course is a cheapskate...the thread was started positively and morphed from there.

tentoesin or whatever misread what I wrote, I never called Keney cheap. I merely said that anything below $50 is likely a dog track, which everyone has pretty much agreed to.

You said it's "okay to disagree". Twice in this thread, I've said "agree to disagree".....and both times you told me I'm wrong.

Make up your mind, doofus.

Reaction Score
You said it's "okay to disagree". Twice in this thread, I've said "agree to disagree".....and both times you told me I'm wrong.

Make up your mind, doofus.
Trolling you is just too easy

Reaction Score
Crestview C.C. in Mass does...and it’s free for all of us cheapskates

Played there yesterday and didn't see the popcorn. Course was soaked from Wednesday night downpours it never handled rain well at all. But in pretty nice shape overall.

Reaction Score
Yeah but depends on what you want. It’s the best of them all easily in most ways too and when you look at the prices in comparison rather pay the $63. Topstone, Sim Farms and Rockledge all 55-69 while Timberlin 60 and Keney 62 arent close considering the very slight difference. Having said that you will find all of the other courses except Fairview to have good prices available in spring and fall but that at Fairview never lowers his week or weekend prices while open 63/67.
I spent a few years in the mens club there. I like the course (most of it), like the venue, even like the people, but don't like the cheapness. Not sure how the current mens club is, but the 2 iterations I went through were pretty sad. The original mens club was disbanded after about 3 years (paying full price before fairways even grown in), and brought back about 4 years later. If you played at 8am, you'd find all the prize money was already divvied up when you finished. No matter what you shot.
Simsbury has a $50 special, 18+cart, every day, M-F. The course has been improved every year that I've been playing there. I don't bother with Fairview anymore, even though its much closer.

Reaction Score
I spent a few years in the mens club there. I like the course (most of it), like the venue, even like the people, but don't like the cheapness. Not sure how the current mens club is, but the 2 iterations I went through were pretty sad. The original mens club was disbanded after about 3 years (paying full price before fairways even grown in), and brought back about 4 years later. If you played at 8am, you'd find all the prize money was already divvied up when you finished. No matter what you shot.
Simsbury has a $50 special, 18+cart, every day, M-F. The course has been improved every year that I've been playing there. I don't bother with Fairview anymore, even though its much closer.

I assume you were talking about Fairview, I have heard some horror stories on the mens club as you portrayed. A business buddy (Rob Nelson?) was also in the club and while he loved the course hated the way it was run. Full price? LOL

I like Simsbury Farms nice layout fun track. Need to hit it pretty straight and it's usually in real nice shape to pay it down. Not a lot of public tracks can say that. I still hit Fairview because of the layout and the shape it's in. We have 8 guys who go about once every 4-6 weeks to flip it around but I understand what you're saying.

Reaction Score
Trolling you is just too easy

I've been dealing with the likes of you for 20 years here. I only wish you were funnier. You have that angry, pompous style and the lighter, more humorous styles are better for longevity around here.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Topstone greens are in awful condition right now. Wintonbury is the best public course in northern CT that isn't full of a million people (I'm looking at you Gillette Ridge) The issue with Wintonbury is they think they are a C.C and not a regular municipal course.

Reaction Score
Played there yesterday and didn't see the popcorn. Course was soaked from Wednesday night downpours it never handled rain well at all. But in pretty nice shape overall.
In the smaller bar there is/was a help yourself machine.

that’s a course that with a little updating could be really good, as it used to host a number of events. Greathorse has assumed that position for Western Ma. Good ol Hampden CC

I've been dealing with the likes of you for 20 years here. I only wish you were funnier. You have that angry, pompous style and the lighter, more humorous styles are better for longevity around here.
if you didn’t get on your soapbox with your first comment none of this would be needed.

Reaction Score
Topstone greens are in awful condition right now. Wintonbury is the best public course in northern CT that isn't full of a million people (I'm looking at you Gillette Ridge) The issue with Wintonbury is they think they are a C.C and not a regular municipal course.

Topstones greens aren't good right now? They do have their periods of that every year no doubt. I love Wintonbury as well and think it's the best around Northern CT to me in WesMass along with the Ranch. Still has the edge over the Ranch too. The difference in play for Wintonbury vs Gillette is simply the $47 green fee which is a wonderful number for a course like these. Many of my buddies have this weak argument that 1-4 and 10-13 are too alike at Wintonbury. There's no doubt they are similar but they are very good holes so who cares, and they have differences in them without a doubt anyway. Good news is they are 69 weekdays 79 weekends and that means less play than Gillette. Bad news is they 69 and 79!:eek:

Reaction Score
Just finished up playing the CT Pub Links there, 2nd rd #7 played as a 251 yd par 3. Feeling the heat effects like most courses but still in good shape as usual, unbelievably they had us play the ball up in all closely mown areas. $89 non res rack rate is a bit high.

Gillette, not what once was but better since the Manchetti debacle is back up to $70 weekend mornings

edit: Wint is down to $79 (mau had it) I think it was $89 3 yrs ago or so

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Topstones greens aren't good right now? They do have their periods of that every year no doubt. I love Wintonbury as well and think it's the best around Northern CT to me in WesMass along with the Ranch. Still has the edge over the Ranch too. The difference in play for Wintonbury vs Gillette is simply the $47 green fee which is a wonderful number for a course like these. Many of my buddies have this weak argument that 1-4 and 10-13 are too alike at Wintonbury. There's no doubt they are similar but they are very good holes so who cares, and they have differences in them without a doubt anyway. Good news is they are 69 weekdays 79 weekends and that means less play than Gillette. Bad news is they 69 and 79!:eek:

Played Topstone last week it was horrendous on the back 9 it was almost pointless to putt. The other thing about Wintonbury which I find annoying is you can't pay to play 9. Seems so stupid to me.

Reaction Score
Played Topstone last week it was horrendous on the back 9 it was almost pointless to putt. The other thing about Wintonbury which I find annoying is you can't pay to play 9. Seems so stupid to me.
Im sure they’d be ok with you paying for 18 though, and playing 9.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom