Kemba being traded? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba being traded?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It Is all about the knees. Cant have your 3rd best player and PG playing every other game. He’s a good fit when healthy. He’s just never been healthy In Boston. His knee issues seem chronic to me. It’s been two years now and he is still sitting out playoff games.

I doubt they can move his contract without taking back another player who isn’t also failing to live up to a big contract. I don’t think that makes Boston better, but they know more about his health than we do.

Kemba and their 2022 first to Dallas has to be somewhat enticing.

This fa class is bad outside of kawhi, and even he is a ?

You can get a better player than most of the list and a first for basically nothing.

Boston can afford to keep Fournier and smart at that point.

Would definitely need to mle a PG or bring that young star pg from Israel they drafted

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kemba and their 2022 first to Dallas has to be somewhat enticing.

This fa class is bad outside of kawhi, and even he is a ?

You can get a better player than most of the list and a first for basically nothing.

Would definitely need to mle a PG or bring that young star pg from Israel they drafted

Give up #16 and Walker for nothing? No thanks. I’d rather roll the dice that he heals. If he shows he can play every day and be effective you can trade him, give up nothing and get something back.

Reaction Score
I don't see any way the Celtics keep Fournier. He's going to make too much money and I just don't see how he fits with the Celtics. How does he fit with Tatum and Brown? The trade deadline deal to get him was useless.

the Q

Reaction Score
Give up #16 and Walker for nothing? No thanks. I’d rather roll the dice that he heals. If he shows he can play every day and be effective you can trade him, give up nothing and get something back.
Wrong year

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't see any way the Celtics keep Fournier. He's going to make too much money and I just don't see how he fits with the Celtics. How does he fit with Tatum and Brown? The trade deadline deal to get him was useless.

Outside shooting.

Playing Tatum at the 4 is probably their best lineup as currently constructed

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Outside shooting.

Playing Tatum at the 4 is probably their best lineup as currently constructed

Sure but I’d rather just roll with Nesmith. I think he will be everything Fournier is and more with some experience. This team does need an improved 4 so we can play bigger when necessary. I agree that Tatum is plenty big enough for a small ball 4, but you don’t really want him defending Giannis. I like Rob at the 5 if he can get healthy.

It‘s going to be interesting to see what they do.

the Q

Reaction Score
Sure but I’d rather just roll with Nesmith. I think he will be everything Fournier is and more with some experience. This team does need an improved 4 so we can play bigger when necessary. I agree that Tatum is plenty big enough for a small ball 4, but you don’t really want him defending Giannis. I like Rob at the 5 if he can get healthy.

It‘s going to be interesting to see what they do.

Keeping this team together will lead to a warriors-Esque tax bill.

The Celtics have burned multiple first round picks over the years to clear salary or suck the tax.

And I believe the Celtics have only paid the tax once since the big 3 era ended

Reaction Score
Did you see the bench without him? He’s a massive upgrade from any of those guys, despite the fact that he was never really 100% here.

The Celtics can offer Fournier more money than anyone else, so that’s one of the ways they keep him. It’s just a matter of how willing they are to take a tax hit.

Reaction Score
Did you see the bench without him? He’s a massive upgrade from any of those guys, despite the fact that he was never really 100% here.

The Celtics can offer Fournier more money than anyone else, so that’s one of the ways they keep him. It’s just a matter of how willing they are to take a tax hit.
Yes, I can see him being a positive coming off the bench. But I don't see him meshing well as a starter. Do you think he should start? If so, what's your starting line up with him on the team?

He mentioned he wants $20 million a year. If there's a team out there that will pay him that much then there's no way the Celtics should keep him.

Reaction Score
Yes, I can see him being a positive coming off the bench. But I don't see him meshing well as a starter. Do you think he should start? If so, what's your starting line up with him on the team?

He mentioned he wants $20 million a year. If there's a team out there that will pay him that much then there's no way the Celtics should keep him.
If the Celtics bring him back, it’s to come off the bench. He’ll start if Jaylen misses time, but if they’re healthy, he’d play 25-35 mpg off the bench.

Reaction Score
If the Celtics bring him back, it’s to come off the bench. He’ll start if Jaylen misses time, but if they’re healthy, he’d play 25-35 mpg off the bench.
Well then Fournier isn't signing with the Celtics. No matter how much they offer him.

Reaction Score

the Q

Reaction Score

It would balls from both sides, but a kemba zinger trade could be something for sure.

Reaction Score
Literally nothing in that article supports your comment above.
True. Was just posting it to show how much he thinks he's going to get and how many options he will probably have. Which is why I don't think he will sign with the Celtics. I guess I should have said that.

Reaction Score
True. Was just posting it to show how much he thinks he's going to get and how many options he will probably have. Which is why I don't think he will sign with the Celtics. I guess I should have said that.
All good - I do think it’ll be an uphill battle for the Celtics to sign him. But if he’s willing to come off the bench (knowing there will be plenty of minutes available), it would be a huge upgrade going into next year. And there would still be plenty of minutes to go around if Nesmith/Romeo take steps forward.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

But they could do a sign and trade with him. It is probably their best bet. The current NBA is weird, because good players are undervalued due to cap space, and max contract guys are often overvalued (meaning several max contract players shouldn't be max contract players). Fournier isn't getting what he wants unless some particular team values him very highly. From what I saw last year, that may be a challenge. 2020 NBA Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

I like him, but I think it makes more sense to roll with Nesmith and see what you have, unless they trade Brown (which they shouldn't).

the Q

Reaction Score
But they could do a sign and trade with him. It is probably their best bet. The current NBA is weird, because good players are undervalued due to cap space, and max contract guys are often overvalued (meaning several max contract players shouldn't be max contract players). Fournier isn't getting what he wants unless some particular team values him very highly. From what I saw last year, that may be a challenge. 2020 NBA Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

I like him, but I think it makes more sense to roll with Nesmith and see what you have, unless they trade Brown (which they shouldn't).

Mavericks are really a good landing spot for him

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Celtics need a knock down shooter PG who can also get guys the ball in their spots. Tatum is going to initiate the majority of offense, so don't need a scoring or necessarily a playmaking PG (although that always helps). Lonzo Ball if his recent shooting is true would be a nice fit. Jrue Holiday obviously. Maybe Brogdon.
I agree. Russell Westbrook would help.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Butler took his team to the Finals kicking Danny's ass in the process. How does that prove Danny right? Think about it. Danny "fleeced" the Nets and the Nets are much better now. The Heat did a complete rebuild while Danny spent years "managing assets" and are better than the Celtics now.

Not to defend Ainge -- he obviously did not capitalize on the assets obtained through the Nets trade (I don't know why you put "fleeced" in quotation marks) -- but I think one of the sillier points that I've heard over and over is that the Nets are better now. The Nets' success this year has nothing to do with anything other than Kyrie and KD pulling some banana boat shenanigans. If they'd have picked the Knicks instead, the Nets would be a middling team.

the Q

Reaction Score
Not to defend Ainge -- he obviously did not capitalize on the assets obtained through the Nets trade (I don't know why you put "fleeced" in quotation marks) -- but I think one of the sillier points that I've heard over and over is that the Nets are better now. The Nets' success this year has nothing to do with anything other than Kyrie and KD pulling some banana boat shenanigans. If they'd have picked the Knicks instead, the Nets would be a middling team.

I mean here’s what he did with those nets picks:

james young (oof)
Jaylen brown
Jason Tatum (plus another lottery pick via trade - romeo
Kyrie Irving (the pick was the key piece)

that’s pretty good.

And no one bats a thousand

it’s a lot of the other stuff

his 2016 beyond brown was bad (he did trade a second for a future first 4 years later, whcih was thybull who he traded to Philly)

they also were able to sign hayward because of all those cheap rookie deals.

but then his leg exploded and he was never the same

a lot of bad stuff had to happen.

Reaction Score

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Kemba is a much better outside shooter than Westbrook. Honestly, Pritchard was 41% from 3 this year. Smart is as good an outside shooter as Westbrook.

I know the offense runs through Tatum, but that's also the problem with the offense. It's not supposed to run through Tatum. He's not a good enough distributor and facilitator for that role. I'm not sure what they need aside from a legit mobile shot blocking 4 man (who can shoot) so They can play bigger with Tatum at SF and Brown at SG. Doesn't need to be the primary lineup, but they too easily get manhandled by some teams and have to be able to adjust. They should have kept Olynyk or Marcus Morris. That's what they are missing.

If they can move Kemba, I'd just stick with Smart and Pritchard. They can either draft another PG or a PF. If you draft a PF, sign a decent veteran backup PG. It's time to move on from guys like Edwards and Waters. Probably Langford too.

the Q

Reaction Score
Kemba is a much better outside shooter than Westbrook. Honestly, Pritchard was 41% from 3 this year. Smart is as good an outside shooter as Westbrook.

I know the offense runs through Tatum, but that's also the problem with the offense. It's not supposed to run through Tatum. He's not a good enough distributor and facilitator for that role. I'm not sure what they need aside from a legit mobile shot blocking 4 man (who can shoot) so They can play bigger with Tatum at SF and Brown at SG. Doesn't need to be the primary lineup, but they too easily get manhandled by some teams and have to be able to adjust. They should have kept Olynyk or Marcus Morris. That's what they are missing.

If they can move Kemba, I'd just stick with Smart and Pritchard. They can either draft another PG or a PF. If you draft a PF, sign a decent veteran backup PG. It's time to move on from guys like Edwards and Waters. Probably Langford too.

they only have the small Mle unless they dump Kemba.
It’s gonna be a rough add. Better off just adding bazz with smart and Pritchard and try to add a pf with the mle

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I mean here’s what he did with those nets picks:

james young (oof)
Jaylen brown
Jason Tatum (plus another lottery pick via trade - romeo
Kyrie Irving (the pick was the key piece)

that’s pretty good.

And no one bats a thousand

it’s a lot of the other stuff

his 2016 beyond brown was bad (he did trade a second for a future first 4 years later, whcih was thybull who he traded to Philly)

they also were able to sign hayward because of all those cheap rookie deals.

but then his leg exploded and he was never the same

a lot of bad stuff had to happen.

I totally agree — it’s not what he did with those picks, it’s what else he did and didn’t do. I agree bad luck played a role but the bottom line is that the organization isn’t close to a championship.

the Q

Reaction Score
I totally agree — it’s not what he did with those picks, it’s what else he did and didn’t do. I agree bad luck played a role but the bottom line is that the organization isn’t close to a championship.

Even without Lebron in the East, they weren’t beating this warriors run.

So they were doomed from the start.

The biggest thing was the kyrie meltdown and exodus since, unlike al and Hayward it cost them a valuable asset and a chance to do other things

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom