Katie Lou for NPOY | The Boneyard

Katie Lou for NPOY

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I will make this short and sweet. She can handle the ball, pass, shoot the trey, go inside, go outside, and rebound and play defense. She is the best all round player in WCBB and their aint nobody close. I know who the media favors but Lou does so much more with efficiency.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I will make this short and sweet. She can handle the ball, pass, shoot the trey, go inside, go outside, and rebound and play defense. She is the best all round player in WCBB and their aint nobody close. I know who the media favors but Lou does so much more with efficiency.
Agree 100% yet we still have to listen to the ESPN mouthpieces gushing over how A'ja is the only 6'5 WBB player that can do everything...during a UConn blowout!!!! Yet they continue to fail to mention her horrible games when she's played UConn...
As I have stated in numerous threads, A'ja was their preseason choice and it doesn't matter how the season pans out.

Reaction Score
I agree with you completely TonyC!
As Geno himself has stated, the best player on the best team! Even with Gabby especially but also Pheesa and Kia, she's the standout.
Yes they would probably still be a very good team without her, their play with her is so much better!And kudos to Lou for all the hard work she has put in to make her a truly well rounded player. She never hogs the ball or rarely takes a bad shot, always looking for a better play / pass to one of her teammates.
I think she's NPOY by a ton! No one close especially not A'Ja Wilson who got so shut down against U Conn!
Go KLS!
Bronx23

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Here's my thought on Lou as NPOY. She wasn't the front runner at the start of the season, but she has one thing that A'ja Wilson, Asia Durr, Sabrina Ionescu, Kelsey Mitchell and Kalani Brown don't have; the Geno Auriemma seal of approval. When Geno announced that Lou was the best player on the best team and should be considered for the NPOY a week or so back, that statement will influence numerous sportswriters and coaches who vote. Lou needs to shoulder her part of the discussion by continuing to play the way she's been playing all season. Assuming UConn makes it back to the FF, I expect Lou will receive one or more NPOY awards.

Reaction Score
IMO she's been the best player for the last 2 yrs. I just hope whoever is voting on these awards don't use the logic that she will get it her senior year, because she already got screwed on it last year. I mean there's no doubt she will get it next year but she should be a 2 time npoy!

Reaction Score
Assuming UConn makes it back to the FF, I expect Lou will receive one or more NPOY awards.

I believe all the voting is done prior to the tourney. It's just not announced until later.

Reaction Score
IMO she's been the best player for the last 2 yrs. I just hope whoever is voting on these awards don't use the logic that she will get it her senior year, because she already got screwed on it last year. I mean there's no doubt she will get it next year but she should be a 2 time npoy!

I agree with you fully but I am afraid that the same logic will work against her as voters give to Aja by justifying that Lou can get it next year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe all the voting is done prior to the tourney. It's just not announced until later.
That’s what I used to think, but last year I learned that some voting takes place right on into the 1st two weekends of the Big Dance.

Reaction Score
Here's my thought on Lou as NPOY. She wasn't the front runner at the start of the season, but she has one thing that A'ja Wilson, Asia Durr, Sabrina Ionescu, Kelsey Mitchell and Kalani Brown don't have; the Geno Auriemma seal of approval. When Geno announced that Lou was the best player on the best team and should be considered for the NPOY a week or so back, that statement will influence numerous sportswriters and coaches who vote. Lou needs to shoulder her part of the discussion by continuing to play the way she's been playing all season. Assuming UConn makes it back to the FF, I expect Lou will receive one or more NPOY awards.

Agree that Geno's endorsement carries weight but he has got to beat that drum a lot more before Dawn, ESPN and the SEC sycophants push to close the deal.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Katie Lou vs Tulane.jpeg

Some less mentioned, but very interesting facts (stats) about A'ja and Katie Lou...;)

1. Made three-point baskets
Katie Lou = 72
A'ja = 5

2. Assists
Katie Lou = 92
A'ja = 47

3. Turnovers
Katie Lou = 33
A'ja = 57

4. Shots taken
Katie Lou = 283
A'ja = 407

Not saying KLS is better....but she is..! :p Just my opinion...:rolleyes:

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 29029

Some interesting facts (stats) about A'ja and Katie Lou...;)

1. Made three point baskets
Katie Lou = 72
A'ja = 5

2. Assists
Katie Lou = 92
A'ja = 47

3. Turnovers
Katie Lou = 33
A'ja = 57

4. Shots taken
Katie Lou = 283
A'ja = 407

Go Huskies..!!
I don't think A'ja should be considered as a Top 5 candidate for that award and yet somehow she's got this reputation as being a fantastic player. She's good but not nearly as good as some people out there would have you believe she is.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
View attachment 29029

Some interesting facts (stats) about A'ja and Katie Lou...;)

1. Made three point baskets
Katie Lou = 72
A'ja = 5

2. Assists
Katie Lou = 92
A'ja = 47

3. Turnovers
Katie Lou = 33
A'ja = 57

4. Shots taken
Katie Lou = 283
A'ja = 407

Go Huskies..!!

Hey, don't let facts get in the way of ESPN propaganda. ;)

Reaction Score
I've changed my opinion the past couple of weeks. I've been really dazzled by Lou's all-round play. She really is playing at an extremely high level right now, in all phases of the game. She is the best player in WCBB, and in some ways beyond that. She's incredibly disciplined, yet intense. I see such improvement, almost from game-to-game as she adds new tricks to both offense and defense. At this point, it's worth watching a game just to see what Lou's up to now, and the only other person I do that for is Sabrina, who is far less disciplined and I don't know if she really will get "better" (basketball wise) though of course she will get more effective (as she gets older, stronger, faster).

But we can't possibly blame the voters if it's given to A'ja. That's: 1. sort of an acknowledgement of 4 years; 2. she is clearly the MVP, since she's a one-woman team. If she gets it, as expected, it will only make Lou more motivated next year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I would love to see Lou win NPOY but it’s not gonna happen. I think many of the voters have already made up their mind unfortunately.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't think A'ja should be considered as a Top 5 candidate for that award and yet somehow she's got this reputation as being a fantastic player. She's good but not nearly as good as some people out there would have you believe she is.
I don't know if A'ja is good, or great. A lot will depend on how she performs in the WNBA when facing the best centers in the nation who are bigger, stronger, have a wider array of post moves, and more experienced. I'm not ready to say she's "not" one of the best 5 players in the nation. In a way it's unfair to some of the great post players (Leslie, Griffith, Charles, Griner, etc), because they literally never have the ball in their hands unless they snag a rebound, or unless the ball is passed to them...

Reaction Score

Which 5 players would you place on the list instead of her?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I believe that if A'ja Wilson does not win every major award that she is a finalist/pre-season favorite for, she will sue whoever she can!!!:p:rolleyes:

(100% sarcasm!!!)

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
I would love to see Lou win NPOY but it’s not gonna happen. I think many of the voters have already made up their mind unfortunately.

Why is everyone acting as if there is only one NPOY award? There are 5 and no one is sweeping all 5 regardless what the ESPN hype machine does. I bet KLS will win at least one.

Reaction Score
I've changed my opinion the past couple of weeks. I've been really dazzled by Lou's all-round play. She really is playing at an extremely high level right now, in all phases of the game. She is the best player in WCBB, and in some ways beyond that. She's incredibly disciplined, yet intense. I see such improvement, almost from game-to-game as she adds new tricks to both offense and defense. At this point, it's worth watching a game just to see what Lou's up to now, and the only other person I do that for is Sabrina, who is far less disciplined and I don't know if she really will get "better" (basketball wise) though of course she will get more effective (as she gets older, stronger, faster).

But we can't possibly blame the voters if it's given to A'ja. That's: 1. sort of an acknowledgement of 4 years; 2. she is clearly the MVP, since she's a one-woman team. If she gets it, as expected, it will only make Lou more motivated next year.
Old dude I agree with all except your last paragraph.
My main problem is unless A'Ja Wilson is capable of carrying her team on her back to a least the FF, she doesn't deserve the award. Yes she's pretty much a one woman team. I just don't think you give it to someone who takes her team from likely mediocrity to a very good team, unless her stats and play are off the charts. Again, her game this year against U Conn (pretty much like last year) indicate to me she's a very, very good player not a great one.
I've stated this before that I believe KLS is already the 4th best player in U Conns amazing history and she will only continue to get better.
The closest in style to her amongst the top 3 is Stewie and KLS while maybe as good as Stewie offensively still has a long ways to go defensively, shot blocking and rebounding to reach her level. Even to be mentioned in the same sentence says so much! KLS work ethic and total team focus, will only take her further. How much further, I can't wait to see!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Old dude I agree with all except your last paragraph.
My main problem is unless A'Ja Wilson is capable of carrying her team on her back to a least the FF, she doesn't deserve the award. Yes she's pretty much a one woman team. I just don't think you give it to someone who takes her team from likely mediocrity to a very good team, unless her stats and play are off the charts. Again, her game this year against U Conn (pretty much like last year) indicate to me she's a very, very good player not a great one.
I've stated this before that I believe KLS is already the 4th best player in U Conns amazing history and she will only continue to get better.
The closest in style to her amongst the top 3 is Stewie and KLS while maybe as good as Stewie offensively still has a long ways to go defensively, shot blocking and rebounding to reach her level. Even to be mentioned in the same sentence says so much! KLS work ethic and total team focus, will only take her further. How much further, I can't wait to see!
Bronx23
I may be an old dude but I’m not The oldude :) not going to get into a barroom discussion because it’s really hard to compare players of different periods but I don’t yet agree on Lou’s status at UConn. Maybe after next year
And with Wilson I’m just trying to explain what others might think

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
A few days ago when Geno was lauding KLS's NPOY candidacy, he specifically mentioned 5 aspects of her game:

shooting
ball handling
passing
smarts
making team mates better

Now, there are 2 things really revealing what Geno said: (1) only the shooting aspect will fully show up in her stats; the other 4 can only be appreciated fully by watching her play; (2) no mention of KLS's defensive skills.

I'm as big a fan of KLS as anyone on this board, but she is in my view still some ways off from being put in the same sentence as Stewie. At present, KLS is merely an above average defender, but as bags27 said, perhaps she would take the leap next season.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Why is everyone acting as if there is only one NPOY award? There are 5 and no one is sweeping all 5 regardless what the ESPN hype machine does. I bet KLS will win at least one.
What are the five and how are they ranked in prestige?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It works for me but they have annoited Wilson the winner and I think the voters are going to run with that. Unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom