Katie Lou for NPOY | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Katie Lou for NPOY

Reaction Score
I can answer that question-there may be only 1...Katie Lou Samuelson. Anyone else who says A’ja Wilson is not one of the top 3 players in WCBB is ignorant. While we on the BY nitpick her deficiencies, mostly due to either our bitterness over her picking SC over UConn or due to our passion for ou UConn players, she is worthy of much praise and will win a few if not the majority of the NPOY awards, which she will have deserved. I also think Mister2 nailed it in that with so many awards and Geno advocating, KLS will win at least one if she’s continues her part.
Well, at least you didn't call me and the others that KNOW that there is more than one player more deserving of the NPOY award than A'ja STUPID. Thanks for that. Asia Durr seems to be pretty good and that Ionesca isn't too shabby and I suspect that if I wasn't lazy that I might have seen and scouted every women's basketball in the NCAA for other superb players that I feel would deserve more consideration. If you think that my opinion is based on bias because I only love things that are all Huskie or that I care that she decided to go against the grain and pick South Carolina, that I must have a built in resentment for a scad of talented women's basketball players. There are many players that have turned to other teams for a variety of reasons that UConn recruited and would have loved. Didn't UConn try to get involved with that Brown of Baylor and a couple of other bigs? Hate, hate, hate, hate???? I know she's a very good player but is she deserving of the NPOY? I don't think so and I'm definitely not alone. Hype is her best friend and thus she may end up winning some of these awards. She's good enough that there won't be a crazy outpouring of outrage but not THAT good.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have a pet peeve concerning Wilson being the preordained NPOY, especially by ESPN. In my opinion it's only because SC is the defending NCs but, IMHO, that is only because of the FF4 fluke. IF the fluke hadn't happened, no way SC becomes NC and Lou or Pheesa probably would have been the preordained NPOY.
There, I've said it.
And I do know the saying "Ifs and buts...".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom