Kassoum Yakwe official visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kassoum Yakwe official visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
St. John’s forward Kassoum Yakwe is transferring. He’s on track to graduate this summer, so he should be immediately eligible.
How many years left?

Reaction Score
Let's take Smith and Yakwe for 2018 and just focus on recruiting for 2019. I'm not really thrilled about the prospect of giving away a four-year scholarship just to fill a position in 2018. I know that seems short-sighted, but Brendan Adams doesn't really do much for me.

Akok, Cockburn, Delaire, Mulcahy or even that 5* recruit that we got a crystal ball on over the weekend are way more intriguing. But that's just my opinion.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
St. John’s forward Kassoum Yakwe is transferring. He’s on track to graduate this summer, so he should be immediately eligible.
So a grad transfer who only will use a scholarship for one year?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We seem to have 3 targets. + a 5 star wild card. Might give us some maneuverability in 2019. In comparison who's Pitt & Zona trying to fill in late stop gaps with?

Reaction Score
How did he fair in big games this past season?

Duke, 3 minutes, 0 points and 1 block
Villanova, 16 minutes, 4 points, 1 rebound
Looks as if he can step right in. Minutes and all stats all went down from year one to year three at St. John's.

Reaction Score
We seem to have 3 targets. + a 5 star wild card. Might give us some maneuverability in 2019. In comparison who's Pitt & Zona trying to fill in late stop gaps with?

I did your work on Yakwe, so it's up to you to check stats on those schools for us..........

Reaction Score
It's great that DH appears to be scouring high and low for talent he can bring in. I'm excited.

But I'm also (very) excited to see what he can do with the talent we already have. I think too many people have written off our current roster as "not high major" or "less talent than UConn's used to."

A talented chef can take the same ingredients as a hack cook and turn it into something better.

Reaction Score
Rim protector, but foul machine. Doesn't shoot well from the field. Gets after offensive boards. Improved his foul shooting, at least.

I'm not sure he's a net positive player, but it's tough to say with limited sample size. He does bring an element we don't have.

Reaction Score
I’m all in on Hurley but man i hate this list. Can’t believe we aren’t in on better grad transfers. So much opportunity to play here

Reaction Score
We don't need a big for 2018 unless he's really talented. We have 5 already that need to develop. Hot take: I am still a Whaley believer as a rim protector

Reaction Score
Pass...he is redundant as we have too many garbage time forwards as it stands.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’m not sure people are fully cognizant of just how much damage Ollie did to the school’s rep in recruiting circles over the past few years. And these grad transfers have one year to play and they didn’t miss the fact that UConn has had two straight years under .500....they want to go to the NCAA tournament and this doesn’t look like the place to do that right now.

This is gonna take time.

Reaction Score
I’m all in on Hurley but man i hate this list. Can’t believe we aren’t in on better grad transfers. So much opportunity to play here
Serious question and not trying to be a jerk, who else do you think we should be in on - grad transfers or otherwise? I feel like the guys we're in on are realistic targets to fill spots this late in the game and I don't understand the hate on the board for the guys we've been targeting so far.

Reaction Score
I'll take Adams. Seems to be some potential there. I'm just not into more power forwards that average 2 and 2 or 3 and 3. We have 5 of them already.
I agree i like Adams. Just plenty of scorers available at the 2/3. Would like to have a pure shooter for once. It's been too long! Want a scorer from grad transfer or a pure shooter, not a fifth guard.

Ollie did a lot of damage, certainly - but momentum and connections are so much a part of recruiting. If Kenya can get 9 4 stars to Nebraska, anything is possible and we're UConn!

Reaction Score
Is there though? I haven't seen these grad transfers who are dominant beasts, and we have a few Guards from last year who will have playing time (Adams/Vital/Gilbert) a talented wing and a guy from last year who showed promise (Wilson/Polley) and a stable of undertalented but showed some flashes bigs. I see a spot for a big man 6'10" or taller but how many transfers like that are that great?

Reaction Score
If he wasnt a grad transfer id pass. But we need bodies at this point. Still recovering from the ollie era

Reaction Score
If he’s just here for 1 year, then it’s whatever. Next year will be rough. I’m just looking for improvement. 2019 and 2020 are the real important years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom