#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sounds like a perfect fit for us then

giphy.gif

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He can't be worse than DO, right?

Over the course of his career, he has a smattering of far better games against better competition than DO ever had. His value may not be much, but I feel confident the staff can extract the maximum amount of it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He won't play, All of our bigs have more talent than him, so this would be purely depth.

Reaction Score
Facebook conversation between me and a St. John's alum and big time fan who watched pretty much every game.

Me: UConn is bringing in Kassoum Yakwe as a potential grad transfer. What's your report on him?

Him: He’s awful. I can’t believe they’d have room for him. Awful hands. He ended up being very disappointing.

Me: Hah, thanks. Hope they pick someone else!

Him: Yeah he’s the one player St. John’s lost who had no role. And he was supposed to be good.

Interesting to see how he compares to a few twitter posts and a fan. Anyways, I'd much much prefer a guard who can hit an outside shot with a grad school transfer spot.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Facebook conversation between me and a St. John's alum and big time fan who watched pretty much every game.

Me: UConn is bringing in Kassoum Yakwe as a potential grad transfer. What's your report on him?

Him: He’s awful. I can’t believe they’d have room for him. Awful hands. He ended up being very disappointing.

Me: Hah, thanks. Hope they pick someone else!

Him: Yeah he’s the one player St. John’s lost who had no role. And he was supposed to be good.

Sums up the boneyard with every recruit

Reaction Score
Yakwe: Pittsburgh, Nevada, Ohio State
Adams: Seton Hall, Xavier, George Mason
Smith: Rutgers, Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Colorado State, Utah State

I'm okay with this.

So based on this logic and seeing who we have offered in 2019 we should go after:

Josh Nickelberry (Louisville, N.C. State, North Carolina, Xavier, Auburn, Baylor, Florida, Florida State and more)
Scottie Lewis (Duke, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Villanova, North Carolina and more)
Josh Green (Arizona, Kansas, UCLA, Virginia, Arizona State, Cal, and more)
Akok Akok (Providence, Creighton, Lousiville, N.C. State, Rhode Island, Syracuse and more)
John Bol Ajak (Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Villanova, Seton Hall, and more)
Kofi Cockburn (Cincinnati, St. John's, Syracuse, Auburn, Cal, Creighton, Oregon, Indiana, UCLA and more)
Jalen Lecque (Auburn, Baylor, Florida, Kansas, Louisville, Miami, Oregon, Syracuse, Texas and more)
Isaiah Wong (Cincinnati, Memphis, Miami, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Villanova and more)

And pass on:

James Bouknight (Central Connecticut State, DePaul, Kansas State, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Rhode Island and more)
Khalif Battle (Miami (FL), Rutgers, Saint Joseph's, VCU, Washington)
Au'Diese Toney (Charlotte, Hampton, Kansas State, UAB, VCU, Virginia Tech)
Jaiden Delaire (Columbia, Hofstra, Iona, Kansas State, Massachusetts, Rider, Rutgers, Towson and more)
Tre Mitchell (Canisius, Central Connecticut State, Illinois, Manhattan, Rhode Island, Vanderbilt, Yale and more)
Sherif Kenney (Boston College, DePaul, Penn State, Rutgers, USF, Kansas State, Arizona State)

Toss-up?:

Paul Mulcahy (Boston College, Florida, Marquette, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Xavier and more)
Tyrese Samuel (Kansas State, Wichita State, Baylor, Canisius, East Carolina, Old Dominion, Towson and more)

Reaction Score
I’m all in on Hurley but man i hate this list. Can’t believe we aren’t in on better grad transfers. So much opportunity to play here

We've got an All-Conference player at PG, a McDAA as 2nd guard, a 4* RS freshman at SF, and then 5 bigs fighting for 2 spots already. I could see a big maybe thinking they're better than what we got, but even our 3rd guard spot is filled by a returning starter and the 3 is pretty much set.

We may be writing AG off, but a top flight grad transfer with 1 shot for 1 year isn't going to take the risk on that, plus as Fishy mentioned we haven't won.

C

Chief00

So if Hurley nabs Smith and Yakwe he is basically telling us he is really waiting to recruit until 2019 right?
Yep, that’s what Chief reported earlier in the week. Unless a reclass happens.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure people are fully cognizant of just how much damage Ollie did to the school’s rep in recruiting circles over the past few years. And these grad transfers have one year to play and they didn’t miss the fact that UConn has had two straight years under .500....they want to go to the NCAA tournament and this doesn’t look like the place to do that right now.

This is gonna take time.
Damage in recruiting circles based on the poor performance of the team?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

Chief how would you even know? You’re just guessing. Reel it back a little

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He's basically telling us he's not writing off the 2018-2019 season. That's a good thing right?

He better not be. The last thing we need is another coach who openly proclaims he's treating the first few games of the regular season as "exhibitions", like Bobby Disastro did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He better not be. The last thing we need is another coach who openly proclaims he's treating the first few games of the regular season as "exhibitions", like Bobby Disastro did.
Agree. Hurley feels like the anti-Diaco. He hasn't made excuses why he can't compete and seems to have a logical plan for the rejuvenation of the program which he is pursuing aggressively...and he hasn't mentioned winning breakfast. All good things in my view.

Reaction Score
Well by all accounts we're pushing for the reclass so I wouldn't say we're only focused on 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom