Kasongo to Announce This Week | The Boneyard

Kasongo to Announce This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He could "possibly" start as a freshman at Oregon? That's what the coach told him, and that he has a "high" ceiling? I'd be shocked if Ollie didn't say the exact same thing. Depending on how good he is as a freshman, he certainly could start here or there. Maybe it's nitpicking, but those seem like very generic quotes for a kid to come away from Oregon with...

Reaction Score
The mind of a 17 year old is hard to pick. You never know.

Reaction Score
The thought of kasongo and Lubin together in the frontcourt is scary. They both already have great size, and are solidly built. Throwing in Nolan/brimah/facey and you have probably our biggest and deepest frontcourt since 06

Reaction Score
I really want this kid, even if we only get 2 years

Reaction Score
I do love the idea of having him and Rock on the floor at the same time- big-athletic front court. We get a PG this year-one next year and a center of some note and we will be stacked.

Reaction Score
Where's he going after 2 years?
Yeah, the football team may have been trounced by Buffalo, but I find it hard to believe that the NCAA reduced us to Junior College status.

Reaction Score
He could "possibly" start as a freshman at Oregon? That's what the coach told him, and that he has a "high" ceiling? I'd be shocked if Ollie didn't say the exact same thing. Depending on how good he is as a freshman, he certainly could start here or there. Maybe it's nitpicking, but those seem like very generic quotes for a kid to come away from Oregon with...

I seriously doubt that KO would tell Kasongo or any recruit to that matter that they could "possibly" start as a freshman. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think KO tells the recruits PT is earned at UConn. With that said, I'm sure he'd tell the recruits that if they work hard and learn they'll earn plenty of PT and that it's not who starts the game which is important, but who finishes it and is on the floor during Winning Time! That's the Husky way. I don't want recruits that pick a program based on which one promises they'll start or get X amount of PT. I want the ones that come with a mindset of earning their PT. Lubin is that type of player and if Kasongo is too, I'll welcome him with open arms.

Far too many recruits have settled for the former, ending up at a program where they didn't develop well while others chose programs like UConn, where they had to earn PT and developed into NBA draft picks. I hope Kasongo takes this into account and chooses wisely.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Comes back from Oregon, asks KO to follow back on twitter. Every crystal ball for Ducks. Maybe he just wants to stay in touch?! Screw it, other schools stock multiple positions, If he wants to get better, UConn is the pick.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Lubin's commitment is the only thing driving Jerry's crystal ball.

I know trying to interpret a 17 year-old's twitter activity is a futile exercise, but Kasongo's either coming to Uconn or he's trolling the fanbase pretty hard.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Lubin's commitment is the only thing driving Jerry's crystal ball.

I know trying to interpret a 17 year-old's twitter activity is a futile exercise, but Kasongo's either coming to Uconn or he's trolling the fanbase pretty hard.

Exactly. And based on what we know about Kasongo's personality, he wouldn't toy with a fan base, and high D-1 Head Coach, like that. I'm marginally convinced he left us after the Michigan game with a silent commitment.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Hearing Canadian F @RayKasongo32 is 'going back & forth' between UConn & Oregon

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we lose out on another PF to Oregon I'll be upset.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Exactly. And based on what we know about Kasongo's personality, he wouldn't toy with a fan base, and high D-1 Head Coach, like that. I'm marginally convinced he left us after the Michigan game with a silent commitment.

He was seen on network television hangin' with Ray on the football field. What did Oregon have for him? A night of beer pong with Luke Ridnour?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Does Oregon basketball just have no fans? Another UConn retweet. Like I said a couple of days ago, I would be surprised if he didn't pick us.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Hearing Canadian F @RayKasongo32 is 'going back & forth' between UConn & Oregon
Still retweeting UCONN stuff as recent as 3 hours ago. C'mon Ray pull the trigger...

Reaction Score
University of Nike is tough to beat; facilities wise. Hoop team has been surprisingly average in the wake of all the FB success

Reaction Score
That's good enough for me; how do you feel about Robinson and Lyle?
Robinson is very hard. Info is few and far between. Ive been told Lyle is possible. Depends on what other teams do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom