Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday | The Boneyard

Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Corey Evans@coreyevans_10
7m
Per source, Ray Kasongo is expected to commit on Tuesday. He visited Oregon this weekend

I am in the optimist camp that thinks this is a good thing. He was retweeting half of the Uconn tweets aimed at him and I don't think recruiting a 6'7" SF/PF is going to scare him away.

Reaction Score
If you read his tweets, he was feeling heavy pressure from last week. So, maybe that concerns the pressure of making a decision between the two schools. But since he made those tweets prior to his visit, it could be that UConn was putting on the pressure w/ an ultimatum.

Reaction Score
@TheRecruitScoop
JUCO forward Dwayne Benjamin announced that he has committed to Oregon while on an official visit.

24-7 lists this kid as a SF. 6-7 200lbs. - http://247sports.com/Player/Dwayne-Benjamin-17195

It seems like Ray is a little too slow to pull the trigger for both teams. Not saying I think Kasongo commits here now but this kid's commitment doesn't make it any more less likely.

Reaction Score
Well hopefully the Lubin commit has no effect on Kasongo. It seemed like location was a big factor and obviously CT is a lot closer. I guess we will find out by the middle of the week.

Reaction Score
All of a sudden this is starting to look really good.

Reaction Score
Oregon has a huge list of players they are still going after- he may not be a high priority for them. With RP and DH I don't mind this tactic of going after these type players- although I would really like to lock down a bad ass PG unless Boat is sticking around his senior year- which is doubtful.

Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer predicted Kasongo to Oregon as of today, for whatever that's worth.

Reaction Score
What would he be doing asking for a follow back from our head coach but not following anybody with anything to do with Oregon ?

Reaction Score
If he was deciding Tuesday, it might be worth something. Since he's not, you're probably correct.

I don't know - Meyer's been pretty damn good with these calls. Obviously he was off on Abu, but freaking everybody was off on that kid, so I won't hold it against him. Batting 70% or whatever in predicting what 17-year-olds are going to do is impressive to me.

Does it mean Kasongo's not going to choose of? Of course not. But I'd be a lot happier if Meyer, given his track record, had flipped the kid our way instead of Oregon's.

That said, it's the PG spot that really matters now. Kasongo and Robinson both are luxuries at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom