Karaban to UConn!!! | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Karaban to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
From 247Sports.com about their ranking of Karaban. Which goes to show how random rankings can be sometimes. It's definitely not an exact science.

WHERE WILL KARABAN RANK?

Part of Connecticut's 2022 recruiting class that currently ranks No. 4 in 247Sports team rankings, Alex Karaban is a four-star forward who can shoot from deep and has some creativity on the interior. However, he's also a guy who ranks much higher (No. 86) in the industry generated Composite ranking than he does with us at 247Sports (No. 123). I think he's a really good player, but I get that in terms of rankings, that's a fairly large difference in opinion.

I like the way Karaban competes and he's also a really good passer. However, when I have watched him play I just don't seem to have the greatest luck in catching one of his better games. It happens that way with a few kids each year. I would say that he's likely to move up a bit in our next update to the rankings and I would feel comfortable with him closer to the top 100.

As for a final ranking, that won't happen for some time so who knows where he ultimately lands. The biggest things I'll be looking for when I see him play as a senior will be shot making that matches his reputation and a better feel for who he defends on the next level.

No, everyone who under ranks our players is a closeted Kentucky shill that hates UConn.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Anyone who follows HS ball closely have a sense if he expects to start at IMG? It sounds like they are stacked with 5 guys including a PF and SF ranked higher than him, but also wouldn’t expect someone of his profile to transfer prep schools to somewhere he wasn’t expecting to start

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone who follows HS ball closely have a sense if he expects to start at IMG? It sounds like they are stacked with 5 guys including a PF and SF ranked higher than him, but also wouldn’t expect someone of his profile to transfer prep schools to somewhere he wasn’t expecting to start
He probably won't start. But he might play a lot as the back up at the 3 and 4.

Reaction Score
Big programs like IMG likely will have at least 10 D1 players per year. Often these big programs play each "5" roughly 1/2 a game. Injuries or foul trouble can increase the playing time for better players.
The team usually plus LOTS more games/tournaments overall than local high schools.
Expect Karaban to have tons more development time than your average high school player.

Reaction Score
Big programs like IMG likely will have at least 10 D1 players per year. Often these big programs play each "5" roughly 1/2 a game. Injuries or foul trouble can increase the playing time for better players.
The team usually plus LOTS more games/tournaments overall than local high schools.
Expect Karaban to have tons more development time than your average high school player.
Agreed - and upperclassmen generally get the nod over underclassmen (all things being relatively equal).

Reaction Score
Probably just keeping the relationship going with Karaban and showing he truly cares and also working on relationship with IMG in general
Excellent point, especially re: IMG.

If we can develop a pipeline from there, the dam will break over and over and over…

Reaction Score

football eh?

E83CCD01-94E1-4319-BF35-12C4AD916D8B.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members