Karaban Caravan | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Karaban Caravan

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Just to insert my New England pessimism and play devils advocate. At times he disappears and has struggled defending laterally against athletic comp. But he’s a star, such a good passer, he’s a 3-4 year guy too. With him and DC and the top 5 recruiting class coming in. We are in great shape for the future.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Many Giffey comparisons being made on UConn Twitter. I don’t see it AK is more of a stretch 4 where as NG was more of a wing.

Reaction Score
Just to insert my New England pessimism and play devils advocate. At times he disappears and has struggled defending laterally against athletic comp. But he’s a star, such a good passer, he’s a 3-4 year guy too. With him and DC and the top 5 recruiting class coming in. We are in great shape for the future.

He's not going to be superb covering athletic guards in space. He'll need to use his IQ and pay attention to our scouting to maximize himself on that end. I think he can end up being a guy who gets a couple steals a game reading the offense well though. I think he'll end up a plus defender, but not a star on that end.

I expect 17/6/4 from him on 40%+ from deep by his junior year.

Reaction Score
Many Giffey comparisons being made on UConn Twitter. I don’t see it AK is more of a stretch 4 where as NG was more of a wing.
Yeah it’s kind of a lazy comp, clearly influenced by both being white guys who aren’t super athletic and can shoot the three. Agree they’re different positions and Karaban is a better facilitator and creator.

Reaction Score
KO's post-season advice of telling players to spend more time in the gym, or something to that "effect, will no get old.

It's a great throwaway line basically clowning on someone who doesn't GAF.
"Telling players to spend more time in the gym," is like telling an overweight person to eat less, lose weight and exercise more.

Not untrue, but stale and with no specific suggestions on types of food and portion size, or types of exercise or how much exercise to do

Reaction Score
I don't know that either of them have the athleticism or the agility to guard in space in the NBA on the perimeter. Which bigs need these days to be drafted, at least in the first round. And I don't think they're leaving ever if they're not first round picks. But you could hear Walton talking about them, and it's the same thing that all of us are noticing... they're just so good so you never know. They are going to make some fans in NBA front offices. Karaban is so skilled and is a 6'8 shooter... if Clingan adds a three-point shot next year then honestly who knows with him.

Kessler drafted in the first changed my Cling outlook but I think he gives us 3

Reaction Score
Kessler drafted in the first changed my Cling outlook but I think he gives us 3
Yeah he had an absolutely epic rim protection season and scouts thought he might shoot it. The key is that scouts have to think he may eventually shoot it. Which honestly may already be the case. From reports he can probably hit a bunch in a workout right now.

Reaction Score
They've also said that about Sanogo and AJax though. Just seems like we have a bunch of gym rats on the team, which is important. Can't outwork us.
This is definitely a culture thing & a recruit guys who will be good for you, not just off the # & Stars next to their name on rivals.

While these guys live in the gym, that’s kind of a lot of their reputation coming out of HS. Solo, Castle, etc

Reaction Score
Yeah he had an absolutely epic rim protection season and scouts thought he might shoot it. The key is that scouts have to think he may eventually shoot it. Which honestly may already be the case. From reports he can probably hit a bunch in a workout right now.

Somebody posted a video of him w a trainer draining 3 after 3 and people at games say he is money in warm ups. It may take a bit but I think we see it in game at some point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom