Karaban Caravan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Karaban Caravan

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Karaban is already a monumental improvement over Polley.

He defends the position, rebounds, can make straight line drives to the rim, and gets his shot in the flow of the offense without it having to be forced to him.
Polley pretty much just shot 3s and even with that he was inconsistent. AK does everything and is probably the better shooter at this point.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Love the kid, he's got everything you could want in a player IMO and I'm glad he's a Husky. He definitely raises the team when he's on the floor.

Reaction Score
When's the last time we saw a freshman contribute the way that Karaban has... on a team as deep as this?

He's starting, and has clearly earned Hurley's trust. Rightfully so.

Great ball handler at the 4.
Underrated vision and BBIQ.
Great shooter from deep.
Hits the glass well.
Amazing on-ball defender.

I feel so confident any time he's on the floor.

Pack in folks, there's plenty of room on the Karaban Caravan!
I misread your post, thought you said he had great BBQ. Wondering how you knew that?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Just curious, how long do you all thing AK and DC will be at UConn?

Reaction Score
I misread your post, thought you said he had great BBQ. Wondering how you knew that?
Maybe it was not a misprint because he knows how to barbecue the other teams we have played.:D

Reaction Score
It was funny when the announcers were discussing Robert Horry and I was thinking that's what Karaban could be for this team. Like Jackson, he has the ability to stuff a stat sheet. He can do a lot of good things.
I thought he was a little bit outmatched for Oregon, but not many teams have their size. A full year in the weight room will help him there. To think that he and Clingan are only freshmen. I know guys can leave anytime these days, but I'm excited about this year and the next few to come.

Reaction Score
How special can Karaban be, can he do what Bird did at Indiana State? Unlikely. 36 minutes per game over 3 years, 30 points per game or so, 4-5 assists. Bird was alpha dog out there, it was his show. Bird did a lot more ball handling giving more opportunities than Alex could ever have, but Alex has that court vision potential, shooting accuracy, defense.

Reaction Score
Just curious, how long do you all thing AK and DC will be at UConn?
I don't know that either of them have the athleticism or the agility to guard in space in the NBA on the perimeter. Which bigs need these days to be drafted, at least in the first round. And I don't think they're leaving ever if they're not first round picks. But you could hear Walton talking about them, and it's the same thing that all of us are noticing... they're just so good so you never know. They are going to make some fans in NBA front offices. Karaban is so skilled and is a 6'8 shooter... if Clingan adds a three-point shot next year then honestly who knows with him.

Reaction Score
When's the last time we saw a freshman contribute the way that Karaban has... on a team as deep as this?

He's starting, and has clearly earned Hurley's trust. Rightfully so.

Great ball handler at the 4.
Underrated vision and BBIQ.
Great shooter from deep.
Hits the glass well.
Amazing on-ball defender.

I feel so confident any time he's on the floor.

Pack in folks, there's plenty of room on the Karaban Caravan!
Hes a rich mans Tyler Olander. Lets hope he can be a winner on the same level.

Reaction Score
How special can Karaban be, can he do what Bird did at Indiana State? Unlikely. 36 minutes per game over 3 years, 30 points per game or so, 4-5 assists. Bird was alpha dog out there, it was his show. Bird did a lot more ball handling giving more opportunities than Alex could ever have, but Alex has that court vision potential, shooting accuracy, defense.
Anyone comparing Karaban to Bird should step on a lego in the dark. Completely ridiculous comparison.

Reaction Score
Karaban is already a monumental improvement over Polley.

He defends the position, rebounds, can make straight line drives to the rim, and gets his shot in the flow of the offense without it having to be forced to him.
Not one dimensional like Polley whose shot ran hot and cold.

Karaban even seems to know how to get rid of the ball when he is doubled. Looks for, and finds an open man.

Reaction Score
My favorite player on the team already. The Henefeld comparison is spot on. Just has a knack of being in the right place at the right time or making the smart play without wowing you with his athleticism. Really like what he brings.
I hadn’t thought of the comp with Nadav but it’s a pretty good one. Karaban doesn’t have Nadov’s physical strength, and it will take performances against a lot of ranked teams before you truly know if he has that level of mental toughness, but it’s not a bad comparison.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He's the closest thing to Nadav we have seen in a long time. His all around game and his understanding of the situation is top drawer.
Great comparison. And Nadav played 2 seasons of pro basketball in Isareal before he got here and was a former member of the Israeli army. It is going to be a joy watching AK and DC as they mature. It seems like everything we have hoped for is coming true and then some.

From Wiki:

Early career[edit]​

Henefeld was born in Ramat Hasharon, Israel, and he initially played pro basketball in his home country, for two seasons (1987–88, and 1988–89).

He won a gold medal with Team Israel, and was voted MVP of the basketball competition, at the 1989 Maccabiah Games.[1]

College career[edit]​

Henefeld joined the University of Connecticut, and played with the Connecticut Huskies, in the 1989–90 "Dream Season", where he was selected as the Big East Conference Rookie of the Year, and set an all-time NCAA Division I freshman record, with 138 steals.[2]

Reaction Score
What is with you people and getting your wives to watch games? My wife is either 1) knitting or 2) doing work the entire game, and asking me when "the sports" will be done.

Only time I can get her to watch a game is if UNC is on since she went there for undergrad and law school. I was really, really (really really) hoping to play UNC and rub it in her face when we stomped them... oh well.
You could give her a hard time about UNC In the losers bracket. Lol

Reaction Score
This kid has 'It'.
Uncanny understanding of game play.
Thinks a play ahead.
Contributes physically and vocally through the entire scheme of ball and personnel movement.
I have not yet said "What the heck is AK doing?" For anyone let alone a frosh that is amazing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Apparently he's obsessed with basketball and obsessed with getting better, puts in more time working on his craft than anyone else on the team. Hurley said he keeps it super simple, his life is basketball. He goes to class and then is always on the court.

He plays like a gym rat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom