Karaban Caravan | The Boneyard

Karaban Caravan

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
When's the last time we saw a freshman contribute the way that Karaban has... on a team as deep as this?

He's starting, and has clearly earned Hurley's trust. Rightfully so.

Great ball handler at the 4.
Underrated vision and BBIQ.
Great shooter from deep.
Hits the glass well.
Amazing on-ball defender.

I feel so confident any time he's on the floor.

Pack in folks, there's plenty of room on the Karaban Caravan!

Reaction Score
When's the last time we saw a freshman contribute the way that Karaban has... on a team as deep as this?

Great shooter from deep.
Hits the glass well.

He already has contributed way more than I thought. I read all this hype about him, but I have also heard and read hype about others players only to be disappointed or telling myself to be more patient.

I really like this Karaban. He is great at feeding the post and I love his BBIQ. When it comes to BBIQ, him and Newton really come to mind.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I loved his highlight videos when we were recruiting him.
I gasped when he transferred to IMG, fearing that another school would swoop in and leave us disappointed.
I thought it was huge when instead he joined the team second semester.
I hoped he'd be like what I'd seen in the videos, and that he'd develop into something akin to Senior year Niels Giffey by second semester Sophomore year.

Now, it's just, "I like what I see."

caw

Reaction Score
His ability to just immediately move past a bad play with seemingly no emotion is something you just don’t see from a freshman. It is just on to the next play. That type of player is a calming presence for an entire team.

Only time I’ve seen him express emotion was when he got called for that foul on the three point shot. He was not happy about that one.

Reaction Score
His ability to just immediately move past a bad play with seemingly no emotion is something you just don’t see from a freshman. It is just on to the next play. That type of player is a calming presence for an entire team.
Apparently he's obsessed with basketball and obsessed with getting better, puts in more time working on his craft than anyone else on the team. Hurley said he keeps it super simple, his life is basketball. He goes to class and then is always on the court.

Reaction Score
There’s just a noticeable difference when he’s not on the court. It was no coincidence Bama makes their run at the end of the first half when he’s on the bench with 2 fouls. It really is scary to think how good he’ll be as the year goes on and beyond. We’re in good hands.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Apparently he's obsessed with basketball and obsessed with getting better, puts in more time working on his craft than anyone else on the team. Hurley said he keeps it super simple, his life is basketball. He goes to class and then is always on the court.
They've also said that about Sanogo and AJax though. Just seems like we have a bunch of gym rats on the team, which is important. Can't outwork us.

Reaction Score
When asked what does he do for fun or a hobby his answer was to go to the gym and work on his game. That’s his life, what he loves the most. I think we have a bunch of guys like that on this team possibly.

Reaction Score
He appears to be the perfect stretch 4. As the season goes on, a lot of opposing coaches are going to be stressing over how to figure out a way to deal with the way he opens up the paint with his range and passing ability.

Reaction Score

Great shooter from deep.
Hits the glass well.

My favorite player on the team already. The Henefeld comparison is spot on. Just has a knack of being in the right place at the right time or making the smart play without wowing you with his athleticism. Really like what he brings.

Reaction Score
Just to give a different perspective here: my wife hasn’t been a basketball fan until recently, and now she loves watching UConn games with me, and she said last night, “I don’t feel comfortable when #11 isn’t on the floor, I get so nervous!” Haha .

Go Karaban, kid is something special, what a phenomenal team we have!

Reaction Score

Great shooter from deep.
Hits the glass well.

Karaban could have the same Freshman effect for Sanago that Josh Boone had for Okafor.... not only can these kids ball but they are smart and understand the game...

Reaction Score
Just to give a different perspective here: my wife hasn’t been a basketball fan until recently, and now she loves watching UConn games with me, and she said last night, “I don’t feel comfortable when #11 isn’t on the floor, I get so nervous!” Haha .

Go Karaban, kid is something special, what a phenomenal team we have!
When we’ve gone on runs these last 2 games, my wife who has had to deal with me being a huge UConn fan for a decade now, just keeps saying “wow, wow, wow” like she can’t believe the plays Newton will make, then Joey nails a beautiful 3 then Clingan gets a block that leads to a fast break 3. This team is just special, so many guys who can make the smart, right play. I think our floor is very high this year

Reaction Score
Karaban could have the same Freshman effect for Sanago that Josh Boone had for Okafor.... not only can these kids ball but they are smart and understand the game...

This is precisely how I feel about AK, and this kid will hang in/with NBA.

In the game vs Duke, Josh Boone is the real star for making so many momentum turning plays, not Okafor, Gordon or Anderson…

Reaction Score
When we’ve gone on runs these last 2 games, my wife who has had to deal with me being a huge UConn fan for a decade now, just keeps saying “wow, wow, wow” like she can’t believe the plays Newton will make, then Joey nails a beautiful 3 then Clingan gets a block that leads to a fast break 3. This team is just special, so many guys who can make the smart, right play. I think our floor is very high this year

What is with you people and getting your wives to watch games? My wife is either 1) knitting or 2) doing work the entire game, and asking me when "the sports" will be done.

Only time I can get her to watch a game is if UNC is on since she went there for undergrad and law school. I was really, really (really really) hoping to play UNC and rub it in her face when we stomped them... oh well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom