Kadary Richmond down to Oregon, Seton Hall, St. John’s and UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond down to Oregon, Seton Hall, St. John’s and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He went to the same school as TSamuels. The Competition is not that good. The highlights showed a steady player with a good shot, handle and passing. Good but not great athlete. The issue with him is that he might be the finish product with little to improve on. The speed and strenght of D1 athletes could negate his game. Will see but I can understand his low rankings
To say an 18 year old kid has peaked in his athletic skills and abilities is one of the hottest takes I've seen on this board. And I've had some pretty hot takes myself...

Reaction Score
The talent level in the city for high school ball isn’t what it used to be, with guys leaving for prep and other schools. For those of us who have come up watching the game in NYC, it’s frustrating. But while that’s true, saying any 18 year old is a finished project in literally any facet of life is stupid.

ETA: Jackson and Richmond have some similarities to their game. Thomas is the elite offensive player of the three, based on a more well-rounded offensive game. Richmond would pair well with Thomas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He went to the same school as TSamuels. The Competition is not that good. The highlights showed a steady player with a good shot, handle and passing. Good but not great athlete. The issue with him is that he might be the finish product with little to improve on. The speed and strenght of D1 athletes could negate his game. Will see but I can understand his low rankings
Always great to get your hot takes.

Reaction Score
FWIW Happened to check a Rivals page that lists Corey Evans forecasting Richmond to UConn on 8/3/19 at 4:29pm. That pick is not listed in the 247 Crystal Ball chronology where the Matt Agnoli, Andrew Slater, and Dain Ervin picks are listed on 8/21 pm and 8/22 am. Had that been mentioned on the board at the time?
Sorry - I found it was mentioned earlier in the thread. Now just a reminder :oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The talent level in the city for high school ball isn’t what it used to be, with guys leaving for prep and other schools. For those of us who have come up watching the game in NYC, it’s frustrating. But while that’s true, saying any 18 year old is a finished project in literally any facet of life is stupid.
Welcome back! Please dont leave us again!

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
FWIW--I watched a few games of his on Ballertv last night. Why? No idea. Just bored out of my mind with no one home. I probably need a life.

In the 6 games I saw stats for he averaged about 17ppg. 67% from the FT line. He seemed to be generally efficient from what I've watched... Top 100 and AAU stats would seem to back that up. Good decision maker.

He is not a great shooter. Not terrible, but not great. I think we should dial that talk back. He'll hit an open 3, but he's taking a low volume in AAU for a reason.

He plays like a kid who learned basketball outside. Really nice hang dribble, strong, iso ability, but doesn't always make the right decision.. his game isn't very "tight." Sometimes he makes things more difficult than they need to be (ie. instead of attacking a closeout head-on, crossing his man up 2x and letting the defense set). He uses a cross and jab-cross well to get into the lane though. He does well keeping his shoulders and the ball away from the help.

Generally finishes strong. I wouldn't call him a creative finisher but he seems to get to the line and lands balanced on two feet. Beats up on smaller guards in mismatches.

Super creative passer--aware of what is happening around him on the court. Seems to understand his teammates scoring spots. Low turnovers from what I can see. 1.0 TO per game in AAU (7 games).

I would say he has gotten noticeably better since the December/January games I watched. It definitely helps not being his team's best player by far every night.

If I were to guess, he could be pretty easily stopped by a good D1 defensive scheme right now because of his lack of shooting ability. His year at Brewster will be key to refining his creativity into a palatable high-level team concept player. That being said, I am big on taking kids who have the creativity and some swagger. Sick of the players on our team (not personally, just skill stuff), who have such limited creativity and versatility in games. Hard to justify multiple schollies for guys who can't do anything but make hustle plays. Or suck at everything but shooting.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He is not a great shooter. Not terrible, but not great. I think we should dial that talk back. He'll hit an open 3, but he's taking a low volume in AAU for a reason.
This is very true, but I'll point out two things:
  • His shot is janky (low starting point) but not broken. I bet it gets a lot better at Brewster.
  • He doesn't take bad 3s. We saw what better shot selection did for Christian & Jalen last year – both guys set career highs for total FG% and 3-point FG%
I'm pretty confident that if ( ;) ) he comes to UConn, Hurley will figure out how to turn him into an efficient offensive player.

Also... just a great scouting report from you overall, @husky429. I'm glad you have no life.

Reaction Score
Well, it looks like some people agree with my hot takes. The Terrencw Samuel highlight reel from South Shore was actually pretty good too. Lets see how he does in Brewster against real athletes before annointing him a star recruit.

Reaction Score
I’m just sitting here still trying to debunk who TSamuels is.

when reading your posts i can't help but hear peter griffin's voice in my head and it always sounds just like something he might say, very funny.

before annointing him a star

i havent heard anyone say that. but if in a couple years he can be a starter on a top 25 tourney team then he's a star in my eyes

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I wish I hadn't seen the "see ignored post." I'd forgotten all about that guy.

A LOT of coaches got TSam wrong. He had offers from Cinci, Nova, Uconn, utenn, louisville, iowa state and others. No coach bats 100%.

Reaction Score
We don't hang banner No. 4 without TSam. I think we got him right.

Well, sure. About 10,000 things have to go right to get a banner. He happened to be a part of the equation that worked in 2014.

I would think most coaches recruiting him from New Heights would have expected him to be a better player overall.

He must have played for them when Kimani was the director. He's a well connected coach in NYC. Name pops up everywhere.

Reaction Score

ETA: Jackson and Richmond have some similarities to their game. Thomas is the elite offensive player of the three, based on a more well-rounded offensive game. Richmond would pair well with Thomas.
Good to have you back.

Reaction Score

I totally agree they would pair well together. But why do you think that? You seem to have a better grasp than I do

Kadary and Thomas at the 1/2 (or even putting a shooting PG off ball to move off screens like RJ) could be a killer look. Really confusing for defenses

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Who is TSamuels? I can't remember UConn ever having a player with the last name Samuels.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
when reading your posts i can't help but hear peter griffin's voice in my head and it always sounds just like something he might say, very funny.

Why thank you Sir. Tip of the giant hat.

B2E0F11B-D12D-4948-A34B-74C31D8EDF5F.jpeg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I regard the occasional, "Oh yeah, that's why I ignore that guy" experience as a positive thing.
How's the recovery going?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How's the recovery going?
Without much surgery experience, I question whether I'm right, but I think I'm doing really well.

Tough to mostly lay low today, (itching to swum/bike/yoga) but I don't want to overdo.

I'm gearing up for a round of errands in the MilfOrange shopping belt: Costco, TJ's, BB&B, Orange Farmers Market, Best Buy (maybe 3 out of 5). All have to be small purchases to keep carrying weight low.

EDIT: Friends encouraged me to just stay home, and brought me a pizza from Modern.

Later, I'll rest up so I can make the most of Black Rock Porchfest tomorrow. A well-located friend has offered parking & comfort station services. If I travel ultralight and don't dance, I feel like I'll be OK, and can stop at any time.

The nasty incision still has to heal, and I'm back to MD Tuesday with hopes that he'll confirm I'm doing fine and on schedule.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul