Kadary Richmond down to Oregon, Seton Hall, St. John’s and UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond down to Oregon, Seton Hall, St. John’s and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He also looks equally comfortable going to his left and right and finishing with either hand which some of the top recruits don't even have.

Hell, Ben Gordon couldn’t even do that until at least his Sophomore year. I remember there being articles written in the off-season about how he was working on being able to do that.

Reaction Score
St John's landed Posh Alexander, 4 star PG, maybe this impacts their pursuit of Richmond?
This was known for a while. St. John's was the only school really pursuing Alexander hard.

Reaction Score
Hell, Ben Gordon couldn’t even do that until at least his Sophomore year. I remember there being articles written in the off-season about how he was working on being able to do that.
Yep, Jalen Adams still has trouble doing it.

Reaction Score
With Richmond & Bouknight we would have 2 versatile impact players in that 6'4 / 6'5 range that really gives a team a lot of potential and flexibility. Richmond's ability with the ball in his hands gives us more depth at lead guard in a pinch with foul trouble, injury or illness to the regular lead guards, (1 service has him as a PG). I find it hard to understand how this kid can show so much in his mixtape from last winter in heavily scouted NY, and just be recognized in the ratings now. Kudos to our talent recognition if we were on him early.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
With Richmond & Bouknight we would have 2 versatile impact players in that 6'4 / 6'5 range that really gives a team a lot of potential and flexibility.
I love Bouk – I think he's going to be an NBA player, and will perform like a 5-star recruit for us – but he's not really that versatile. The biggest knock on his game is that he's got tunnel vision with the ball in his hands, and I think he'll struggle to create for anyone but himself as a freshman.

Richmond's a different type of player. Smaller DHam in a lot of ways, and will probably be able to play 1-thru-3 very credibly.

That said, both guys should be pretty versatile defensively.

Reaction Score
I love Bouk – I think he's going to be an NBA player, and will perform like a 5-star recruit for us – but he's not really that versatile. The biggest knock on his game is that he's got tunnel vision with the ball in his hands, and I think he'll struggle to create for anyone but himself as a freshman.

Richmond's a different type of player. Smaller DHam in a lot of ways, and will probably be able to play 1-thru-3 very credibly.

Well said. Different players, both very good.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I’m surprised dHam hasn’t really stuck in the NBA. The guy had off the charts court awareness and passing ability and could score from anywhere. Guys who don’t fit a traditional role but can just play are all the rage lately. I wonder if defense holds him back.

If he’s what you suggest in that second to last sentence he’s ideal. Especially if he plays D with passion. I’m beginning to see where Hurley is going here and it’s pretty Brad Stevens like. This kind of a roster could really let him flex game to game and win with multiple styles. It’s very much the Bill Belichick philosophy that emphasizes versatility.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Subpar NBA athlete with subpar length and while he could score from everywhere, he didn't do so at an efficient clip.

Yeah. It sucks his brain didn’t land in a different body.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I haven't heard of this kid until this thread started but I like what I have seen. I was never sold on Jackson, we have had our share of athletic freaks with most not rising to where we all had hoped as all around players. This kid seems to have a solid, well rounded game with fewer holes to fill, I'm tired of watching missed layups, open jumpers and errand passes from guys that can jump out of the gym, I want pure ballers and this kid looks like a baller to me.
Anyone notice how he and Cliff look similar in certain pics?

Reaction Score
Does anyone have his high school or aau stats? Just watching his highlights, he’s gotta be a top 75 if not top 50 recruit at the end of the day. 5 star level playmaker, very respectable jumper, the height/length that transitions to the pros for his position. Has a good eye for getting in the passing lane. Wondering how he was not noticed for so long.

Reaction Score
I've heard the Hamilton comparisons and agree for sure. He is shifty, quick and has a very good handle. What I really like is the many times in this video I see a guy who is patient actually takes the extra dribble when close to the basket to find even more space, kind of slows down like Ray Allen did love that in a player. Not in a hurry despite his quickness. Shot blocks were impressive too has good size. Could see Gaffney, Bouk and him down the road with 2 bigs.

I assume they won't take him and Cam Thomas right, nor will one follow the other?

Reaction Score
I've heard the Hamilton comparisons and agree for sure. He is shifty, quick and has a very good handle. What I really like is the many times in this video I see a guy who is patient actually takes the extra dribble when close to the basket to find even more space, kind of slows down like Ray Allen did love that in a player. Not in a hurry despite his quickness. Shot blocks were impressive too has good size. Could see Gaffney, Bouk and him down the road with 2 bigs.

I assume they won't take him and Cam Thomas right, nor will one follow the other?
They would take both.

Reaction Score
He went to the same school as TSamuels. The Competition is not that good. The highlights showed a steady player with a good shot, handle and passing. Good but not great athlete. The issue with him is that he might be the finish product with little to improve on. The speed and strenght of D1 athletes could negate his game. Will see but I can understand his low rankings

Reaction Score
He went to the same school as TSamuels. The Competition is not that good. The highlights showed a steady player with a good shot, handle and passing. Good but not great athlete. The issue with him is that he might be the finish product with little to improve on. The speed and strenght of D1 athletes could negate his game. Will see but I can understand his low rankings
Finished product with little to improve on? That's about the worst possible take.

You can literally see Richmond improving month to month and scouts take on him is he may be a little raw right now but there isn't really any ceiling on his game.

Reaction Score
I know he's not going to St John's like you hoped but it's OK to still give the kid a compliment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom