K State beats Iowa | The Boneyard

K State beats Iowa

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Everyone got to see firsthand how Paige and Caitlin compare:
Paige 10-15, 2-3 from 3 pt 2-3 FT, 24 pts, 5 red, 1 Assist, 2 TOS, 2 blocks and 6 steals while
Ms. Clark was 9-32, 2-16, 24 pts, 6 reb, 3Assists, 4TOs, 0 block and 0 steals. Both at home, one with a 32 pt win over a ranked team and the other with a loss to an unranked team…you make the conclusion….

Reaction Score
Paige 10-15, 2-3 from 3 pt 2-3 FT, 24 pts, 5 red, 1 Assist, 2 TOS, 2 blocks and 6 steals while
Ms. Clark was 9-32, 2-16, 24 pts, 6 reb, 3Assists, 4TOs, 0 block and 0 steals. Both at home, one with a 32 pt win over a ranked team and the other with a loss to an unranked team…
The media will hype a Paige v Caitlin competition all year because it makes a good story and sells soap. We know how different those two are in their approach to the game. Caitlin in the loss shot the ball 32 times, half of them three points attempts. That's more than half of Iowa's shots. In what world would Paige ever shoot 32 times in a game?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Caitlin is an amazing player. Bad shooting night for her. Don' know what her career stats are but 2-16 from the arc is something I bet we NEVER see from her again.

I think we can acknowledge both are great players. Paige will have her bad games too, and if we compare that to a great game by Clark, it's not fair to either (IMHO). We can say both are great without diminishing the other I think... Just my $.02.

Having said that, it seems the #2 ranking is snake bitten LOL...

Reaction Score
The media will hype a Paige v Caitlin competition all year because it makes a good story and sells soap. We know how different those two are in their approach to the game. Caitlin in the loss shot the ball 32 times, half of them three points attempts. That's more than half of Iowa's shots. In what world would Paige ever shoot 32 times in a game?
Anytime she wants.

JBK

Reaction Score
Ms. Clark was 9-32, 2-16, 24 pts, 6 reb, 3Assists, 4TOs, 0 block and 0 steals. Both at home, one with a 32 pt win over a ranked team and the other with a loss to an unranked team…you make the conclusion….
Love Paige and watch every Uconn game - but kinda not fair to take the worst game Caitlin plays to do a comparison.
With that said - I do believe Paige is the best point guard on the planet when she is healthy.

Reaction Score
Yeah, well she beat SC single-handedly last spring. To compare them on the basis of one game is just totally ridiculous. Besides, K-State should be ranked; they have one of the best post players in the country and Iowa had no way to stop her. She missed last season because of an injury.

Reaction Score
Yeah, well she beat SC single-handedly last spring. To compare them on the basis of one game is just totally ridiculous. Besides, K-State should be ranked; they have one of the best post players in the country and Iowa had no way to stop her. She missed last season because of an injury.
It's not just one game. I think Paige has been better than her for their entire career.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Didn't Paige beat SC single-handedly when she was a Freshman? NC State should have been ranked as well.

Reaction Score
Hey, it's OK to like both Paige and Caitlin*. They're not identical twins on the court, but they're both very, very good.

*Except when Iowa is playing UConn. Then it's very much not OK to like both Paige and Caitlin. :p

sun

Reaction Score
If Paige doesn't stop getting into wrestling matches over loose balls & such, she won't be playing the whole season to be able to be compared against Clark.
Paige needs to play smarter to avoid the risk of unnecessary injury due to initiating wreckless plays.

Reaction Score
Definitely was not Iowa's night. Usually they, Clark, is hitting shots. Yesterday, shots just were not falling, especially for Clark. Great win for Kansas State. What a great two week start to the season for WCBB!!

Reaction Score
Lately K State has Iowa's number. Control the pace and play in the half court. Their length played a factor too. The officiating gave me a migraine. If you ever see me say that UCONN needs BIGS...see Ayoka Lee. She's only been back a month and the coach did an excellent job at using her in spurts.

Reaction Score
Clark needs to trust her teammates more. She takes way too many shots. 32 and the next most was 6 shots by another teammate. Won’t get far if that continues. I think the hype has gone to her head.
I think Caitlin does what her coach asks her to do and what her teams need from her.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Going 2-16 from 3 pt land was not great, and Clark took 32 of the team's 61 shots. That's not sustainable long term. The only other player in double figures was Molly Davis, off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom